Who gets the last laugh now?

Here’s a funny story for Dark Shiki and Italicus. A while ago Italicus posted screenshots from Ciel’s game ¬Ç¬ª¬Ç√߬Ç√å¬Ç¬¢¬Ç√´¬ÅA¬Å@¬Ç√ù¬Ç¬∏¬Ç√å¬Ç¬¢¬Ç√´¬ÅB¬Å@(Color of the sky, Color of the water) I thought “Mmmm, anime realism. Must… not… buy…” Well, of course, I ended up buying it from the Anime Jungle because they were still able to stock the first edition CD-rom version while Himeya only had the regular DVD edition in stock. Little did I know that Jungle tacks on a 10% fee for their service of selling you the item and that their shipping rates are not exactly friendly, even compared to Himeya. But that’s all besides the point. The package was sent via EMS, but nobody was around to sign for it when it came in yesterday, so I went to the post office this morning to pick it up. It took it out to my car to open it, and I saw that it had “US customs inspection” tape on it. I though it was no big deal because everything inside is perfectly legal. Well, everything that was supposed to be in there was in there, but they weren’t exactly careful about inspecting the game. The didn’t put the cardboard inner case back into the outter shell, and just crushed the outter shell packageing back into the box and shipped it to me. They opened all of the discs to check the content. Anyway, I was really angry so I went stright back into the post office and filed a complaint right away. It had insurance on it after all. They wanted a recipt and I couldn’t find one. I went back to my car and found the recipt there with the game discs. Then I though, wait a minute, I can just keep these discs. This guy at the post office won’t know the difference between the demo CD, drama CD, soundtrack CD and the game discs. So, I took everything but the game discs back in with the recipt and the claim is being processed. I should get all of my money back, but I won’t find out for sure until next week. Even though the discs are in perfect condition, they were opened by customs so I had to check to make sure they worked. The game installed without any problems. Now, Dark Shiki says that a game’s packaging means nothing and that only the content on the discs is important. Let’s see if anyone shares that opinion. I love the packaging for my games, especially the Japanese games. I’ll probably buy this game again from a different seller after I get my refund from the post office. But, I have this perfectly good set of game CDs. I pulled a fast one on them, but they deserve it for screweing up my precious bishoujo game box. Anyway, I know that Italics wants to play Japanese games now, and that he really likes the character designs in this game. So, I’m going to offer to sell them to you for $30 plus shipping to Italy. It’s your big chance to play this game without paying so much money, Italicus, but you won’t get the box with it. I guess it depends if you are more like Dark Shiki or me. Anyone can offer to buy the game discs from me but I wanted to give Italicus the first chance since I know he wants this game.

(HCG)
http://www.sp-janis.com/soft/soramizu5.shtml

[This message has been edited by bishounen_blue (edited 12-10-2004).]

Wow, that’s an amazing broken link you have there.

Edit: Can I have the last laugh now? Pretty please?

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 12-10-2004).]

What is the name of the game? really nice graphics…
What is it about (the plot)

[This message has been edited by The Unholy Avenger (edited 12-15-2004).]

Wow, a replay. I wonder where Italicus went. Oh well.

The game consists of only a four main characters and takes place over a short span of time. (although the game itself is not short) There are two guys and two girls in this game. The guys are Hajime and Juzo. The girls are Asa (large breasts) and Natsume (smaller breasts). This is a high school romance story that takes place over the summer break. All of the main characters except for Natsume in the swim club. Natsume ends up joining them even though she’s not good at swimming. It’s supposed to be like “the summer that you’ll never forget.” The game is a big unusual because although you make decisions for Hajime, the game is totally 3rd person. You see Hajime just like you’d see any of the other characters. Which every girl you end up with, Juzo will get the other. But the game continues even after one of the girls falls in love with Hajime. I won’t say anthing about the endings. One interesting thing is that during the H scenes they have some voiced diolauge of what the girls are thinking. I’ll just leave that up to your imagination.

Ah, I remember when Italicus posted those pics… the art is really nice.

Sucks about what happened, I’d be really pissed if that happened to me. But it seems to all be working out in the end. :slight_smile:

Yeah, the post office really tried to screw me too. They said that because the charges are in yen that they wouldn’t know how to refund the money. The wanted me to call some international number and go through a bunch of crap. I told them that the charges that appear on my credit card statement will be in dollars so they can just repay me that exact amount. As if they didn’t already think of that. The just tried to get out of it. I’m going to try to give them the statement today. We’ll see what happens.

Well, good luck.

Sorry B-Blue i appreciate your offer but i’ve ordered DVD version.

Please!!! tell us more!!! (i envy u so much because u know Jap)
praying that magically games get translated to english

I don’t frequent this forum much…so this is the first I’ve seen of this topic.

I’m not sure why it’s a funny story, unless I’m missing some sort of irony at my expense. I don’t remember saying that packaging means nothing. I rather like my Hourglass of Summer case, actually. I just said that packaging, unless it includes a tangible product like a keychain or something, is superficial. As such, it’s unlikely to influence my buying decision, and I’m even more unlikely to pay extra for “better” packaging if a cheaper alternative is available. If I were in bishounen_blue’s shoes, I likely would’ve have demanded a refund as well, actually. I hate having my property damaged, and I also hate the idea of people going through my things without just cause. I do admit that bishounen_blue’s subterfuge was rather clever; I probably wouldn’t have thought to do that myself.

Yes, contrary to popular belief, I do sometimes care about packaging. I’m apt to care more if it’s actually displayable, i.e. it doesn’t have a harem of girls in the midst of orgasms all over it.