Who's your favorite Tokimeki girl? Japanese Poll Result

I’m just all over Tokimeki Check In! lately, it’s had me completely entranced for the three weeks since I’ve gotten the game on the Big Apple Anime Fest weekend. Crowd’s official Japanese page had these fan voted results posted for their character poll:

Ayumi 1st place with 26.46%
Mai 2nd place with 15.91%
Natsuki 15.00%
Yuki 10.30%
Kumi 9.06%
Kiyoka 8.98%
Makoto 6.43%
Nanami 3.13%
Misato 1.89%
Keiko 1.56%
Umekichi 0.57%
Takayuki 0.43%
Others 0.24%

Unfair! My 2nd favorite girl Makoto is 7th place!

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 11-18-2001).]

What !!! Ume-san beat Takayuki-san !!!

KUMI all the way :stuck_out_tongue:
I like Kumi due to her cuteness, it’s simply kawaii
Well, I actually like all the character as they all have thir own unique personality and quality; it really depend on what kind of girl like or determined to conquer :slight_smile:
However, exception goes for DD (Diabolical Duo), if you know what I mean cuz I can’t seem to really like them for some reason and this goes to Nanami as well

My favorites are:

Mai (she’s very sweet)
Yuki (she’s got spice)
Makoto (she’s got guts, like a Charlie Angel… but deep under, she’s a normal girl)
Kumi (she’s young and curious, but nice)
Nanami (she’s very carefree)
Natsuki (she’s got attitude)
Kyoka (she’s classy… but gets funkAY at times, though)
Misato & Keiko (you need two of them for it to be alright… just one or the other won’t do well)
Ayumi (she’s… )

As you can see, I like Misato, Keiko, and Ayumi the LEAST. Misato & Keiko are too impulsive and do very bad things at times (they’re almost Villainous). That’s not cool.

Ayumi… well… I really don’t like the idea of girls as being overly shy. All “Ooh, I’m too shy” and overy apologizing for everything. Most of the times I just get irritated at watching them hide from guys. Every time I see that, I want to go up to them and slap them silly. Girls should be more assertive, especially if they’re trying to show their feelings for guys.

Sometimes I think that Ayumi gets what she deserves throughout the game. If she had more courage (like Makoto or Yuki) she would do something about those travellers or about the other mishappenings that happen to her.

Well, that’s just my two cents, anyways.

Justin Bailey = Samus Aran

I think that’s part of the appeal of Ayumi’s character. If you play through Ayumi’s path, Takayuki loves Ayumi, and Ayumi loves Takayuki, but both of them are too shy to profess their love for each other. Ayumi’s inability to profess her love is manifested as her demure personality, whereas Takayuki’s inability to express his feelings is manifested as one dear childhood friend teases another. Neither one is uncertain whether the love between them is mutual, thus a stalemate is formed because Takayuki doesn’t want to be hurt, and neither does Ayumi.

quote:
Originally posted by Kumiko Kamiyama:
It isn't just shyness, either... such people are also scared stiff by such emotions because they are afraid to open themselves to another person. You get hurt that way, after all... it can either be very wonderful or very painful.

Makoto-san, by the way, is no different - she is terribly shy about opening her heart. Many people are. Makoto responds with violence and bluster to cover herself and hide her heart. Yuki hides in her image as a sexy, busty idol. Kumi-chan hides in her childish innocence. Etc.

Well there are ways to open up a girl's heart, like alcohol... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Serio (edited 11-30-2001).]