Will or Crowd?

This questiom might have been asked before, but which of PP’s father-companies do you like best? When I first came here, I wasn’t all that fond of Crowd, but lately, I’ve felt that Crowd lies closer to my heart than I first throught . And I like Will, of course, even if I’m not really fond of one of it’s labels and then I also wish that two of the labels would give permission to release more titles from them, but aside of that, it’s a great company which offers a little of everything. What do you think?

Hmm, hard to say for me. I mean my two favorite games are Snow Drop and TCI, one from each. And while I’ve enjoyed the other titles, nothing has really pushed me to favor one company over the other just yet. Maybe once a few more titles come out and I get a chance to play them it might change but not yet.

I agree with ekylo.

Like I mentioned before in another thread, I look at the actual product not the company.

That’s just me though.

Push comes to shove, I have to say Will. (Of course, if Ruf and Rouge decide to break away from Will, I’d dump it faster than yesterday’s trash).

Truth be told, Crowd has slipped a bit in the quality of its games in recent years. It still has the strength of being consistent in its quality, but now the games are just consistently above-average instead of being consistently good as they used to be. Despite having has four labels under it, the games Will offers has all the consistency of a shotgun blast–some are merely so-so, some are impressive, others are impressively bad.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
Like I mentioned before in another thread, I look at the actual product not the company.

That's just me though.

That is exactly what many of us do, but you know as well as I that if a certain company makes many products you like, you tend to favor that company before others. Am I wrong? and it's not like Will or Crowd makes bad products either [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

I agree with what Jeffrey says about will. What makes will a little unique is their four labels, and you never know exactly what to except from them.

If I apply what you said, then I’d say that I would favor that company only for making that particular product. Even if I favor one company, that doesn’t make me ignore others.

This doesn’t apply to just bishoujo games, but pretty much anything in life in general. I used to like FF series a lot, but that doesn’t mean I am a square fan, especially when FF8 and FF9 showed up which is when I start to lose faith in them.

Again, just a personal thing. But just that as an individual customer (again, of anything not just bishoujo games), are you buying the product or the brand name?

quote:
Again, just a personal thing. But just that as an individual customer (again, of anything not just bishoujo games), are you buying the product or the brand name?

The product, I'd say. And I wouldn't ignore other companies just becuase that I know that one company makes some real gems, there is other gems to find elsewhere too [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].
It's just that most people mostly tends to turn their eyes only to companies they know makes real gems (from their point if view, anyway, not necressiary fromt he point of others).

quote:

I try to always always buy the product, of course.

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
except

Dyslexic Ranger To the Rescue!

Expect

I refuse to buy anything published by Electronic Arts. After basically giving Origin the Axe and the Ultima IX Fiasco, I refuse to give them my money. This is to the extent that as big a comic book fan as I am, I refused to buy Freedom Force because they published it.

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Dyslexic Ranger To the Rescue!

Expect

Ack! [img]http://216.40.241.68/cwm/3dlil/eek2.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 08-18-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
I refuse to buy anything published by Electronic Arts. After basically giving [b]Origin the Axe and the Ultima IX Fiasco, I refuse to give them my money. This is to the extent that as big a comic book fan as I am, I refused to buy Freedom Force because they published it.[/b]

And I will never ever have anything to do with the SUXbox. If you haven't heard about all the things Microsoft has been doing to try its damnedest to preserve its monopoly, you need to look it up.

I agree about Microsoft. I wouldn’t buy a Micrsoft product ever, and if that means I’ll be stuck with Windows 98 (When I’m not using Linux that is), then so be it. Not that I care anyway, since in 18 months, it’s estimated that all current Windows programs will run in Linux anyway, then I can trash Windows and never have to look back.

Back on topic, as for my favourite company, It’s very close, because I like Tokimeki Check-In and Critical Point, and I really want to play Little My Maid and Synchronous Hearts, but overall, I’d have to say Will… only just though.

Critical Point works perfectly running through WINE in Linux, except the fact that the mouse doesn’t work, but that doesn’t really matter. The fonts look better in Linux too!

Someone also reported that Snow Drop worked too, but I’ve not got it to work myself yet. I’m guessing that it’s something to do with the two different versions of Snow Drop that have been sold.

I don’t expect bishoujo games companies to make their games available to Linux, but I expect big games to be ported because big companies have the resources to do so. The big companies should help increase the popularity in Linux and naturally as popularity increases in Linux, bishoujo games companies will have to follow. Eventually, the majority of people will be running Linux anyway, so developers will naturally make their software and games primarily for Linux.

There have been two versions of Snow Drop sold? What are the main differences, and would it be worth it to buy a second copy?

The 2nd version has a higher quality opening movie… dunno what else. It ships in a white DVD case instead of the original black.

I’d say “Sweet Basil”: “Little My Maid”, “Snow Drop”, “Mei*ple”. I wonder how “Itsuka no sora” is? Dramatic jun’ai ADV? Sounds interesting… :slight_smile:

Also, I believe some spelling errors were fixed in the second version of Snow Drop too. I must have the first one (Black DVD case).

quote:
Originally posted by Smithy:
The 2nd version has a higher quality opening movie... dunno what else. It ships in a white DVD case instead of the original black.

It was available (the HQ opening movie) for download on the site a while back. Fortunately I got it when it was available.
(Which wasn't for very long, it was a 75mb download)