Willing to pay for an action H-game?

Would people be interested in paying for a H-game that isn’t a visual novel?
Like an action adventure H-game with story… created originally in english.

I mean Raidy is barely a visual novel… so…

(The bush is only there by chance!)

This indie game is being created by just one individual, doing all the art, music, coding, etc…
The name of the game is currently : Crimson Brave.

It’s going to be an action adventure game with ero. Only in the basic stages of development currently, I was wondering how interested people are in such a game…
(And if there’s interest, it would be neat to see if JAST USA would have any interest in selling said game down the line…)

NOT MY GAME! Just trying to see if there’s any interest…

It sounds like H-scenes will range from losing to enemies, to events, quests and the like. It sounds like there will be CGs too.

Here’s the developer’s blog : http://kyrieru.blogspot.com/
If you are interested at all, give him a message of support :smiley:

He has released a basic very early playable tech demo, showing off the basic look the game will have.
Nothing is final at this point, and it is more of a proof, that it exists demo; than what will be in the final game.
(There is only one H sprite animation)

If you aren’t interested in downloading the demo, here’s a youtube spoiler video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPQ6tDJC6JU

This post was due to his blog post :

I wish him luck, but it can be tough advertising an indie H-Game. If the action gameplay is actually cool, adding H means walking away from a lot of possible customers.

I’m sure he’d appreciate the sentiment~ And at this point the game will be free when completed. I just wanted to see what kind of response this type of gameplay would generate among the paying kind :smiley:

…I think he has great potential as a game designer, and since he seems interested in adding H-elements, I figured it was worth trying a poll on JASTUSA. [I personally would love to see some <Quality> story-based action H-games sold by JAST… I luv my gameplay!]

Too bad his first game got put on the backburner, :

but this one looks to have much better gameplay~

This person may have difficulty selling an action game with adult content in English. I’m only aware of one portal which can be navigated in English that lets people sell any sort of adult game – DLSite. If there are others that I haven’t heard of, then be sure to mention them.

I have purchased a few games and copyright-free assets on DLSite. Unfortunately, I get the impression that only a few people purchase content there. I wish I had stats to back up this claim, but all I have are the numbers of downloads that appear when I look at specific games and programs. The numbers tend to be in the single digits.

That said, I will eventually contact this person and ask a question or two. I will encourage him to create at least a version of his game which will meet the content guidelines of Steam, Direct2Drive, and so on.

Final note: any discussion on whether JAST would sell western games should probably be placed in a separate thread.

Who knows? It may be the main problem with DLSite? People don’t (often) go there in order to find new games, they do in order to buy specific games. I know I do, and I know my friends who go there do. At worst, a game needs to have the appropriate tag to appear in appropriate (themed) searches. Otherwise, good luck anyone even knows about it!

Yes and a lot of the better games aren’t translated which can limit the market. Even if they are perfectly playable in Japanese to someone who doesn’t understand the language, there can be a psychological barrier of wanting something in a language you understand.

Not a fan of gameplay in my VNs, especially action.

but, but… this wasn’t a VN…

I posted it here to poll the interest in normal games with ero, to the paying VN crowd.

Anyway here’s the latest on : http://kyrieru.blogspot.com/

Crimson Brave, the chibi style action/RPG has been put on hold/abandoned for now; it was originally an impulse two-week game that grew into a massive one-man project, and figuring out the constantly changing story was a headache…
The old demo : Here

Now, enter Kurovadis.

A retro metroidvania ero-game; the focus being on entertaining gameplay, not the typical tacked on mini-game you usually end up with for ero-games.
This one will be released on DLsite when it is completed, for a nice low price. It will be his first sold game!

If you question if it will be any good, try the Crimson Brave demo to get a feel for the polish I associate with his work (the demo is a little hard though.) I think it will feel like a Metroid game… and I will post a video when it’s out. [I bet this would be awesome on a portable system… hmmmmm]

I’ll remind people when it comes out (probably Feb), since he seems to have an interest in making various ero-games full-time, replacing his job! If he can make a decent living with it.

I hope people will look forward to it! This guy has some talent, and I think anyone who plays games with ero, would like to see what he might create…

(Original music, art, engine, level-design, gameplay. No voice acting at this point I believe. Although he has the proper equipment for possible future recordings! Anyway, look forwards to a low-cost H-game, that will be worth your time…)

Ah, it’s just an action game with ero scenes? Even more meh then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why did I resurrect this thread in the first place? :?

Because necromancy is fun?

Meh, if its a platformer then I’m out cuz I suck at platformers I hate pits of doom with tiny ledges in air that i must land on or fall to my doom. Screw that.

Not enough patience to practice jumping here and there I’d rather play civ 5 and nuke everyone i see.

May I ask what would be your idea of a perfect action-genre H-game be for you?
(anyone can answer!)

Oh and as for this game, Kurovadis; far as I know there isn’t any instant death so far. So, falling isn’t so bad :stuck_out_tongue:

yS / Zelda-style top-down action adventure with RPG elements and with dual-stick controls for moving and attacking, Super Smash TV-style. With extended story segments, of course.