Windows 2000 compatibility mode question

I have a user who’s asking if there’s a way to run games like Eve Burst Error, which require XP compatibility mode, in Windows 2000? Can anyone whose gotten this game to run in Win2k let us know?

Do you need MS-Dos capability? I’ve found DosBox to be great for games that require that. It’s free, and open source ( http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1 ) but it takes a bit of techno-arcania ( mount command ) to get it to work with CDs, DVDs, NTFS, etc.

I know eve burst error runs just fine on win2k. Just install and play. There is no need to try and run in compatibility modes.

As for some of the other games, I have had problems getting kotobukiya to run with 2k. With enough toying around with a dos emulator you might be able to run it.

I’m pretty sure divi dead runs fine on 2k also.

A side note on that compatibility crap for 2k, I have yet to see it make any difference on any game that doesnt work in the first place. The dosbox works wonders, try it if you are a bit tech savvy

Yeah, Divi Dead does work fine on Win 2k. Having trouble getting my Milky House Memorial Collection to work though, so I have to play that on my brother’s Win XP system

I too had no problem with eve burst error… the ones i had problems with were the JAST USA games… any and all of them.

Didn’t have a problem with any of my games, exception being Private Nurse, and it keeps freezing on me. After countless tries of getting it to work I’ve fully given up and will reside to having to call it the worst game I’ve never got to play … which is unfortunate considering all the wonderful feedback and reviews I’ve heard about it. I’m on Windows XP…

P.S. Somewhere in the milky house collection I think there is a document or something that tells how to get the games to work … in case they aren’t working. I know, by following it’s directions, I never had any problem with the games from milky house … that may just be me though.

Yes, the installer for Milky House Collection tells you how to play the games in compatibility mode. They unfortunately won’t work with Win2000 (unless what I heard about there being a download you can do to bring the compatibility mode to Win2000 is true).