Windows 64 Bit

Hi, we’ve never paid much attention to Windows 64 bit since so few people use it, but every once in a while we get questions about compatibility with our games. I’d like to ask if anyone here is running Win64 and if you were able to get our games working?

I have used it on my old computer and all the games work just fine, the only thing is, even with 32 bit windows, when you go to skiping through the game it crashes (only if you have a dual core or hyperthreading CPU). I have found that if you disable one of the processors from running the game it prevents crashing. (I know that hyperhthreading isn’t 2 processors but your computer considers it a second processor). Hope this helps peter.

add/
a list of the games I have played on that Operating system might help … here they are below:

x-change 1
x-change 2
x-change 3*
doushin same heart*
critical point
snow drop*
heart de roommate*
target pharamone*
i’m gonna nurse you 1 & 2*
ever 17
little my maid
Private Nurse*
Tokimeki Check-in!*
and I’m Gonna serve you 4*

the ones with a * are the ones I remember crashing with out disabling the other processor.

[ 12-13-2006, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: ms308680 ]

I have not had your experience with skipping causing crashes, and I have a dual-core AMD. Your mileage may vary.

[EDIT: I am also running Win32, not Win64. Person I was replying to said they had the problem for both.]

[ 12-14-2006, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Nandemonai ]

I haven’t had any problems. I’m running amd dual core and 2 nvidia GeForce 7800 GT’s.

I haven’t noticed it as much with 32 bit but definetly with 64 bit (windows). sorry for the confusion.

On my old comp win Me, AMD singlecore Little My Maid played alright, but wit my new comp XP PRO and AMD dualcore it crashed when i skipped.

64 bit or 32 bit windows?

Have you ever seen a Pro version of 64-bit WinXP? I haven’t.

It speaks for itself that people are talking about 32-bit versions when not mentioning that it’s a 64-bit one.

yes, I own a copy of windows XP 64 bit Professional. and Benoit, this is a Windows 64 bit thread so it isn’t that obvious :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s because there aren’t many programs (or games) that use the 64-bit enhancements.

My friend has both versions and since he had problems with 64-bit with some programs he got the 32-bit, so i could always ask him for his copy if i really wanted to.

quote:

Originally posted by ms308608:
64 bit or 32 bit windows?

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

quote:

Originally posted by Benoit:

Have you ever seen a Pro version of 64-bit WinXP? I haven’t.

Here is a link to the page about it http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/default.mspx

quote:

Originally posted by Jinnai:
It’s because there aren’t many programs (or games) that use the 64-bit enhancements.

I haven’t any serious software problem with it, mostly game crashes. Music and movies and working with goes ok. But an odd bug like when Little My Maid Crashed happens a few times.
I am free this weekend so i will see if i got the time to test some of these games:
Private Nurse
Tokimeki Check-in
I’m gonna nurse you 1 and 2.
The japanese games i have works ok
But this game Shikkaku.Ishi crashed halfway every time. I tried it with applocale and in Japanese mode but it still crashed.

[ 12-15-2006, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Johan ]

M$ even has Pro versions of their 64-bit edition? They really want to milk their OS for all it’s (not) worth.

quote:

M$ even has Pro versions of their 64-bit edition?

I think that Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is a variant of the ordinary XP Professional.
I dont belive that it exist an Windows XP Home x64 Edition.

That is correct, there is no 64 bit home version. The actual name is Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. :wink:

[ 12-16-2006, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Keadil ]

So it may just as well be the regular x64 edition. :wink:

quote:

So it may just as well be the regular x64 edition.

Since it is the only 64 bit version you are right, but i still see it as a variant of the ordinary XP pro.
I will prolly use it for some years, at least until
VISTA get servicepack 2.

You know, you don’t have to upgrade. If your setup works fine, stick with it. No corporation can decide what’s good for you.

Your current machine likely wouldn’t be able to run the resource-hungry Vista anyway.

sigh With each iteration, Windows is becoming less of an OS and more of program designed to suck your PC dry of resources.

now there i will agree with you on that

quote:

You know, you don’t have to upgrade. If your setup works fine, stick with it. No corporation can decide what’s good for you.

Agree.

quote:

Your current machine likely wouldn’t be able to run the resource-hungry Vista anyway.

sigh With each iteration, Windows is becoming less of an OS and more of program designed to suck your PC dry of resources.

Agree on that one too, VISTA seems like some kind of gigantic resource hog.

And now to the games

Tokimeki Check-in, crashed a quite few times when i skipped throug it
I’m gonna nurse you 1 and 2, was a small bit less crashproned but still crashed a couple of times when skipping.
I’m gonna nurse you 1 also crashed one time when in normal play, but one time can be a coincidence.

[ 12-18-2006, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: Johan ]

Sorry for this little hijacking of the thread.

quote:

Benoit
Read this link
http://badvista.fsf.org/

[ 12-19-2006, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: Johan ]