Windows 7 Testing

Will 7 Pro display Japanese Unicode for imports?

Hmm not sure about that, other than it not displaying East Asian languages, on normal settings, which caused the Fate / Stay Night installer to error out since it looks for a Japanese text file at the end of it’s install. Once I switched over non-unicode to Japanese, I was able to complete installation.

Casual Romance Club: Works.

Come See Me Tonight 2 (CD): Works, however the music slider doesn’t seem to be working. Sounds like the same problem Doug had with the first game in the series.

Crescendo (CD): Works.

Figures of Happiness (CD with patch installed): Works.

Hitomi - My Stepsister (CD): Works, though unless set to XP compatibility, the game will lock up after a time. (You know this is imminent when the end of the BGM track starts looping.) However when run in full screen mode, it appears that the sides are squished in.

Snow Sakura (CD): Works.

Yume Miru Kusuri (CD): Works, however when run in full screen mode, it appears that the sides are squished in.

Idols Galore: Sound for BG Music cannot be turned down. Had to turn it off.

There seems to be no way to control MIDI volume via the volume controls like previous versions of Windows. VERY BAD.

Finally got a new PC after 5 years, and has 64 bit windows on it. I’ll test Raidy II as soon as I get the usual updates and stuff done.

Raidy II Download version run perfectly under Win 7 64 bit.

Raidy II, runs fine, installed from the disc and everything worked. Started up and did a little bit of the story.

Secret Wives Club Download Edition : work fine
X-Change 1 Download Edition : Work Fine but can only be played in Fullscreen (impossible to set it in windowed)
Princess Waltz Download Edition : Work Fine
Moero Downhill Night 1 and 2 Download Edition : Work Fine
Raidy 1 Download Edtion : Work Fine

Since nobody seems to have done any testing on the non H games I’ll add my two pence worth here since I now have a laptop that is running windows 7 (64-bit)

Ever17
Install works fine in native windows 7 mode (although every time I changed discs it always ran the setup file on the disc) although I did get a “this program might not have installed completely” message, the program also runs properly although the opening movie looks a lot blockier then I remember it being on my windows XP system (although it might just be because my laptop has a ATI graphics card and the desktop has a nVidia graphics card).

I forgot to mention that I was running the game in windowed mode (the same way I run it on my XP based desktop) and that the quality of the video was lower (more blocky) and its a new laptop with windows 7 already installed.

From what I’ve personally seen, this message pops up quite frequently in Win 7. So far, every single time I’ve gotten this message the program was installed just fine. I wonder if there is some signal that the installer sends to the OS that is either being checked for too soon or is being sent too late.

I think it must be a signal that is missing from the older games (those that came out before vista was released) since it hit again after the install of my latest test subject.

Snow Drop (CD)
Installs fine in native win 7 mode but like brave soul you need to run it in XP compatibility mode to get the initial intro video (not the games actual opening video) to run (although my major beef was with comodo internet security which was giving me more grief then UAC in windows seven)

Kanon - Standard Edition:Works as far as I can tell so far. Actually, it seems to me that the game is actually running better on Win 7 than when I ran it on XP.
Now all I need is to finally clench my teeth and be patient about trying to read all the kanji that is unfamiliar to me. Since there is no voice, I really have my work cut out for me. I think this challenge will either make me, or break me.

Here’s another one…

Little My Maid (CD)
Runs fine in native windows 7 but the theme will be changed to windows 7 basic whilst the game is running (if your using windowed mode) but if you don’t want this to happen then changing to XP compatibility mode will stop the change (although you will keep on getting the UAC nag each time you run the game in this mode).

The Sagara Family: HOLY HELL. This was even more annoying then Idols Galore. Not only does changing the bg music volume, which is MIDI, do nothing, but you CAN’T EVEN TURN IT OFF. That’s right, even after you turn it all the way down, and unclick the option for music, it still plays at full volume.

I literally had to rename the music file to shut it up. Now I get errors about music not being found, but I can live with that.

Is there any homebrew patches for this yet?

There’s no way to patch Windows 7 to have a MIDI controller?

Jast itself might be interested in making your patch available to users of Win7. Couldn’t hurt to ask them. After all, there’s no copyright problem if the authorized copyright holder is the one distributing the patch.

Let’s Meow Meow! (CD)
The game runs fine in native W7 mode but for some unknown reason it attempts to install the game in the program files folder and not the program files (x86) folder on the 64-bit windows 7.

Ai Yori Aoshi
Installation requires the XP Media Centre Edition installation file (although the fault affected all versions of windows XP not just the Media Centre Edition) and does run in native W7 although just like Ever 17 the opening video is very pixelated.