Windows 7 Testing

Also to add to this any changes to the audio settings won’t be saved once the game is shut down.

I didn’t include that because that is not a problem that is due to Win 7. I had that same problem before when I played it in Win XP.

Huh, I missed this thread somehow. I can throw in some! (tested on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit)

3days - working
5 - working
11eyes - working
12RIVEN - working
A Profile - working
ABYSS -Satsujin Club- - working
After… - working
AIR Standard Edition - working
Angel Bullet - working
ANGEL TYPE - working
Angel Wish - working
Aster - working
AYAKASHI - working
AYAKASHI H - working
BackStage - working
BALDR FORCE - working in fullscreen mode. Non-fullscreen mode it has the same colour depth issues in earlier vers of Windows
BALDR SKY Dive1 - working
BALDR SKY Dive2 - working
BIFRONTE - working
Binary Pot - working
BITTERSWEET FOOLS - working
Bullet Butlers - working
Bye - working
CARNIVAL - working
Cartagra - working
CHAOS;HEAD - working
CLANNAD FV - working
Clear - working
Clover Heart’s - working
Clover Point - working
CROSS CHANNEL - working
Dark Blue - working
Dear my Friend - working
DEVILS DEVEL CONCEPT - working
Dies Irae ~Acta est Fabula~ - working
Distance - working
ExE - working
eden* - working
ef -the first tale- - working
ef -the latter tale- - working
ELYSION: Eien no Sanctuary - working BUT you won’t be able to set the BGM volume (it’s MIDI) separately because Windows 7 sucks here and combines the mixers.
Ever17 - working
EXTRAVAGANZA - working
Fate/stay Night - working
Fate/hollow Ataraxia - working
Flutter of Birds - working
Flyable Heart - working
for elise - working, amazingly enough
Forest - working
FORTUNE ARTERIAL - working
Garden - working
Green Green - doesn’t seem to work. Works fine in XP VM.
Green Green 2 - working
Green Green 3 - working
GUN KATANA - working
G-Senjou no Maou - working
H2O -Footprints in the Sand- - working
H2O After and Another - working
Hello, World - working
Imitation Lover - working
ING - working, if you actually want to play this
Innocent Blue - working
Kanon Standard Edition - working
Killer Queen - working
Last Purify - working
Love Letter - working
LOVERS - working
MAPLE COLORS - working
MAPLE COLORS H - working
MapleColors 2 - working
Marionette - working
MinDead Blood DVD Edition - working
MOON. - working, good luck getting the videos to play though
MYTH - working
Natural Another One 2nd Belladonna - working
Never7 - working
Noel - working
North Wind - working
Omega no Shikai (all chapters) - working
ONE ~Kagayaku Kisetsu e~ - working
ONE2 - working
ONE2 WITH VOICE - working
ONLY YOU - working
Paradise Lost - working
PARA-SOL - working
Planetarian - working
PP: Pianissimo - working
Present for You: with songs - working
Princess Frontier - working
Princess Holiday - working
PRINCESS WALTZ - working
Purely - working
Quartett! - working
R.U.R.U.R - working
Rance VI - working
Re: - working
Re:Seven - working
Remember11 - working
Ricotte - working
Routes - working BUT with timing issues, although I recall these plaguing it on WinXP too. The game just runs too fast. Yes, even though it’s a visual novel, this makes it rather annoying to read
Scarlett - working
School Days - working
Se-Kirara - working
Secret Game Killer Queen DEPTH EDITION - working
sense off -a sacred story in the wind- - working
Sentinel - working
Silence - doesn’t seem to work. Works fine in XP VM.
Silent Half - working
Silhouette - working
SNOW Plus Edition - working
Soeur - working
Soul Link - working
StarTRain - working
STEEL - working
STEINS;GATE - working
STEP - working
Sugar + Spice - working
Sultan - working
SWAN SONG - working
The Rising Sun - working
ToHeart - working BUT read what I said before about MIDI music
Toushin Toshi 3 - working
ToHeart 2 - working
ToHeart 2 Another Days - working
Treating2U - working
Tropical Kiss - working
Under the Moon - working
Volume7 - working
White Album - working BUT read what I said before about MIDI music
White Album 2 IC - working
White - working
Wind -a breath of heart- Re:Gratitude - working
WLO - working
Ying Yang X-Change Alternative - working
ZWEI WORTER - working

I’ll add more later-- there’s a lot more than this to go through. I can confirm, though, that BlackRainbow’s Saimin Gakuen does not work in Windows 7 and requires the XP VM.

You’re right, the first edition of Saimin Gakuen is for Win98 and XP only, it’s also because of this if Black Rainbow later released the Saimin Gakuen + Saiminjutsu DVD edition (they even posted this on the site announcements page, years ago)

Yeah, so the DL sales version should logically work.

The neat thing about the XP VM is that you can get it to run applications pretty seamlessly from the host OS just my putting shortcuts in the All Users start menu and logging off the VM. Then you’ve got a shortcut that just runs it like you would normally, which you can put on your desktop or whatever.

Apart from the obvious theme disparity, which you can of course fix by making the XP VM’s theme (currently the XP default) match the 7 theme (currently Windows Classic)

You seem to have failed to mention the issues with installation since every time I tried to install the game in windows 7 mode all it gave me when I started installation was a “failed to copy file” error message and only by setting the installer file into XP SP2 mode would it actually start to install.

3 Methods to Conquer the World- NO. Refuses to launch. However, might be a x64 issue only, needs to be tested with x32.

Method 666 to Conquer the Demon Lord- Despite Crowd’s site claiming no x64 support, works perfectly under Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. However, due to copy protection, text hooks and other translation tools need tweaking to get to work. However, they DO work.

??? - Works great under Windows 7 x64.

Piece of Wonder
Installer needs to be run in admin mode for it to install (otherwise you’ll get a “cannot copy file” error once you start installing without it being in admin mode) but the game runs perfectly (although I ran that in admin mode as well just in case) and it isn’t affected by the “voices cut out half way through a sentence” issue with internal sound cards anymore (although it did end up switching my laptop from mains to battery power (I was charging the battery at the time but it was fully charged during installation and play) since a check of the battery indicator showed 99% plugged in, not charging).

Has anyone here been able to run Inyouchuu Shoku (Tinkerbell) on Win7? I’ve tried and failed repeatedly at setting it up time and time again. Oddly I’ve gotten Hanamaru 2 running just perfectly fine though, which was released a year or two later… (same engine and all).

Doushin - Same Heart (CD): Works as far as I can tell. While not an issue for me (since I have to be able to write in Japanese for class and have my non-unicode programs set to Japanese for Kanon and the internet Mahjong client I use), I can see an issue coming up for other people in setting a machine to display Japanese (something that the booklet says is required even though the game is translated). The process is a little bit different than XP, and some people might have a hard time figuring it out.

There’s a few different definitions of ‘setting a machine to display Japanese’.

• Setting the regional and language options to Japanese (which will cause some things to be rendered as Japanese but not others, make some programs think the environment is Japanese but not others, will change several of the UI elements such as the time display but leave many untouched)
  • Setting the native / non-unicode charset to SJIS (which will cause many things to interpet shift jis which is required for many eroge, will make your backslashes look like the international yen sign etc.)
  • Changing the MUI to a Japanese one (which will generally make pretty much everything in your OS Japanese and will fool pretty much any region detection)

The third is something generally not exposed by the OS except on the high end versions of Vista / 7, although there’s tools you can use to change that.

Since the game comes with a booklet that explains what needs to be done, I didn’t really feel I needed to be too specific. Since you ask though, what you specifically have to do for Doushin - Same Heart is to “Install files for East Asian languages” (that’s the box to check in XP, it has been so long since I set up Win 7 that I don’t remember if it is the same). After that, you have to set “Language for non-Unicode programs” to Japanese (which is the same, but is under a tab called “Administrative” in Win 7 instead of “Advanced” in XP). Of the ones you listed, I think the second is what this game says it requires. As I stated above, I have to write a kind of “journal” in Japanese for my class, so I already have the files needed for displaying and typing out Japanese. Also as stated above, I play lots of Japanese style Mahjong online, and the client program requires that I be set to Japanese for non-Unicode programs (otherwise, the text is gibberish ASCII). Lastly, since I have Win 7 Ultimate, I have everything installed so that I can easily switch to Japanese Win 7. If/when I become fluent enough, I plan on doing that.

I have purchased a new laptop back in April. It runs on Win7. I have installed and successfully played the following titles:

Kana Little Sister *
Crescendo *
Family Project – Kazoku Keikaku
Private Nurse **
Yume Miru Kusuri

I have purchased downloadable versions, in which 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available for several titles. I have downloaded and installed 64-bit versions as much as possible. (Although Win7 can also run 32-bit programs as well.)

However, I have not installed and run titles from CD or DVD-ROM.

• I bought these titles before I purchased a new laptop, so I used my old PC (Win98). I was able to install and run 32-bit versions without problems.

** I also bought this title before I purchased a new laptop. Unfortunately, while I could install it into my old PC, I could not run it. Problem solved once it was installed into and ran from my new laptop.

It still crashes even if you run it in native windows 7 mode since all I did was adjust the volume controls in game and start a new game and seconds later I was blessed with a “xca.exe has stopped working” message.

That isn’t a windows 7 issue as I can’t set windowed mode in that version of the game on my XP system