Wonder what are the chances G-Collections localizes Chou

Zero. Though I wish some of these Strip Mahjong games would be localized, just one please! They aren’t that hard to play, if you can play poker then it’s just a a little bit more involved than ante and raising.

Yeah translate strip MJ games Course that will never happen as the % of people who knows how to play MJ in the states is probably quite low. Which is probably why I started importing MJ games a little while back. Course I had to get used to the japanese rules for MJ since it’s different from chinese MJ.

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Yeah translate strip MJ games [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Course that will never happen as the % of people who knows how to play MJ in the states is probably quite low. Which is probably why I started importing MJ games a little while back. Course I had to get used to the japanese rules for MJ since it's different from chinese MJ.

Well, there's the strict rules and then there's the slacker rules. So far I haven't found any rules that the Japanese ones deviated from. We normally play by slacker rules when it's New Year's, because that way kids can pick up on it easily. If you play by strict rules, you need to keep track of how many points according to the composition of your hand. Super Real Mahjong Premium Collection stuck by the same strick Mahjong rules I have learned from playing Mahjong, and I'm guessing most other Mahjong games do as well.

Man I wish I had ordered Super Real Mahjong P7 before they stopped making it .

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Well, there's the strict rules and then there's the slacker rules. So far I haven't found any rules that the Japanese ones deviated from. We normally play by slacker rules when it's New Year's, because that way kids can pick up on it easily. If you play by strict rules, you need to keep track of how many points according to the composition of your hand. Super Real Mahjong Premium Collection stuck by the same strick Mahjong rules I have learned from playing Mahjong, and I'm guessing most other Mahjong games do as well.

I think, most strip-mahjonngs I've played so far, use the japanese rules. At least, all of them had the "dora", season-tiles and flower-tiles were omitted, calling "riichi" was supported and the special japanese hands (for example: ipeikou and sanshokudoujun) worked.

But I would like to see a good mahjonng localized too. But they should chose one that has a good rule-teaching-mode because I think the rules are really not that popular here.

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
But I would like to see a good mahjonng localized too. But they should chose one that has a good rule-teaching-mode because I think the rules are really not that popular here.

That'd probably be for the best. I know the mahjong rules I learned growing up was a little different from both the Chinese and Japanese rules I played with in college. (And even those might have been a bit different than the "actual" rules you're supposed to play with.)