Words Worth XP DVD Edition

Elf is releasng an XP DVD edition of Words Worth. I can’t tell from the Elf’s site on whether they’re adding any new material to the game. Suppose to be out 10/29/2004

------------------
“His last thought is wry, Not bad for a dead man.” Moon Knight vol.1, #1 (1980)

Cool too bad i got the old version before I found out it was flacky in XP

Ooh, what was flacky about the old version with XP?

I guess it’ll be worth it for me to pick up this new one then…

Words Worth is an hentai game too? It’s my favourite anime! Wherewherewhere?

Japan only, unfortunately. (Yet another reason to learn Japanese…)

One more reason to study japanese. Culture and fun, sounds interesting.

I’ve already ordered it so I’ll let everyone know if there’s anything new about it

Great!!!

I’ve purchased a grammar and a dictionary few minutes ago.

how does the original ww run in win2k?

words worth runs on windows 2000. It was not designed for windows Me, but it runs on my JPN Me anyway.

Cool. I dont actually own any version, so I guess the XP DVD is a good one to pick up, but I’ll wait for Doug to check in.

I started really trying to learn japanese recently… difficult… but not nearly so difficult as its reputation.

So you want to learn Japanese…

Heh, I remember that site, funny stuff.

Also, I’m finally buying a new computer… any considerations I should make in terms of hardware so that that japanese games will run?

quote:
Originally posted by Faust:
Ooh, what was flacky about the old version with XP?

I guess it'll be worth it for me to pick up this new one then...

There's an install problem with the old version of the game in XP. Also the unistall doesn't work in XP. I couldn't install it right and then couldn't uninstall it. After finally getting it installed on another HD I found out it didn't like my sound card so i got no sound. Let's just say WW was not a fun experience for me [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] The game itself seemed very intersting though. And also I heard that there was a patch for the old version to work on XP but I can't read japanese so I can't find it.

Yeah… I’m not buying one from Japan. I didn’t have too much trouble getting a few to run on my current system, so…

Anyway, I’ve always been interested in the Words Worth game, so I’l definitely have to think about picking this up.

For the update, download update.exe from http://www.elf-game.co.jp/user_support/sup_02_d.html

It is the update for Japanese Windows. You have to be careful.