Wow, Eve Burst Error blows me away

This game is good. Heard so much about it but never could truly appreciate it until I actually got the game. Wow. Little mysteries open up to bigger mysteries, and the multi-sight system ties everything in together. Not to mention hot shot voice actors and actresses did the voices for this game. Takehito Koyasu (Hotohori from Fushigi Yuugi) is hilarious as Kojiroh, he hits all the right high notes when he delivers his comedic lines, Junko Iwao (Tomoyo in Cardcaptor Sakura) puts all her weight into delivering her lines for the agent with the 99% success rate, Yuko Mizutani (Mihoshi in Tenchi Muyo) as Puddin’ is so adorably devoted to Kojiroh it’s hard to find fault, every one of her lines is a treat to listen.
I did find a few things kind of irritating, although they didn’t detract greatly from the story since the backbone of the story was translated competently, but every now and then Himeya Soft would either not translate the character’s dialogue fully, sometimes not at all. All the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky jokes that was also in Gloria, I really don’t think was in the original Japanese version. In one part when Kojiroh was questioned, he was being questioned and said ‘Sure, you can try me.’ in Japanese, but the subtitle text read ‘Maybe, but I can name all the Beatles.’ or something like that. Slacking on the translation is deplorable, but putting words in people’s mouths is even worse.

They also ‘localized’ some names, if you can actually call it that, which is jarring considering most of the names were left intact. (Even left a name as difficult as Genzaburo Suzuki’s intact) But they found it necessary to change Aqua Lloyd to Amanda Lloyd, change Silia to Natasha, changed Deebu to Pat (which was made in order to tie the Fat jokes to Pat, understandable since Debu in Japanese means fat)

Since it’s a science fiction game, the killer was pretty hard to pinpoint exactly, but I’m pretty satisfied with the explanations upon completion of the game, except probably for one thing:

Spoiler Alert
Isn’t that murder weapon a little bit difficult to transport without being noticed?

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 04-03-2003).]

SPOILER!!!
There is another thing that bugged me too.I don’t understand how that girl can kill all those people so easily.I mean, some of the guy are pros and they are killed in an instant???

SPOILER Level 2

Well, she isn’t quite “just a girl” after all. She is an EVE and thus has enhanced physical abilities.

EDT:

Heavy Spoiler Level 3

Also her innocent looks and her reputation as an abassadors daughter (weak condition and permanently on medication with insuline) might have helped her getting into the pros blind spots.

End of Spoiler Level 3
End of EDT:

End of SPOILER Level 2

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 04-06-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
SPOILER Level 2
Well, she isn't quite "just a girl" after all. She is an EVE and thus has enhanced physical abilities.

EDT:
********* Heavy Spoiler Level 3 *******
Also her innocent looks and her reputation as an abassadors daughter (weak condition and permanently on medication with insuline) might have helped her getting into the pros blind spots.
********* End of Spoiler Level 3 ******
End of EDT:
End of SPOILER Level 2

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 04-06-2003).]

#########Adam Spoiler Alert Level 3 ##############################

If that's true (That EVE's have enhanced abilities) then how come the twins got dropped so easily in ADAM?

##############End Adam Spoiler Alert###################################

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 04-06-2003).]

Well, first of all, I think that the story in “Adam” is way inferior to “EVE Burst Error”'s. So, some inconsistency doesn’t really matter. But leaving that aside:

************ Adam Spoiler Level 3 ********

Maybe, the twins were not in battle mode (that was activated on HER only because of the malfunction), so their enhanced abilities were not in effect when they were attacked. I think, they were never aware of their possibilities and thus couldn’t use them at all. (I would have liked seeing Preacher shredded to pieces by them, each of them defending her beloved sister, though.)

************* End of Adam Spoiler

The enhanced abilities became apparent in “Eve Burst Error”:

***** EVE Spoiler Level 3 ********

But the way she rescued the whole group from the sunken “Tristan” inthe end showed physical abilities way beyond the human body.

************* End of EVE Spoiler *********

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Well, first of all, I think that the story in "Adam" is way inferior to "EVE Burst Error"'s. So, some inconsistency doesn't really matter. But leaving that aside:

************* Adam Spoiler Level 3 ********
Maybe, the twins were not in battle mode (that was activated on HER only because of the malfunction), so their enhanced abilities were not in effect when they were attacked. I think, they were never aware of their possibilities and thus couldn't use them at all. (I would have liked seeing Preacher shredded to pieces by them, each of them defending her beloved sister, though.)
************* End of Adam Spoiler **********

The enhanced abilities became apparent in "Eve Burst Error":
************* EVE Spoiler Level 3 ********
But the way she rescued the whole group from the sunken "Tristan" inthe end showed physical abilities way beyond the human body.
************* End of EVE Spoiler **********

Yeah, I can agree with that.