X-Change 2 - First thoughts

Heh, I finally won with all three mini-game characters. Although I will admit,when I won with Paladin, I only had 1 HP left.

So far, I’ve got 5 of the Best Endings and 5 normal/bad endings. I think the hardest part will be going back, and purposely screwing up to get the other endings…

[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 06-25-2003).]

looks like i am going to have ot pick up this game next month…it seems like it is living up to its promises

sigh, and the day of brian and i moving in together gets further away lol

I found the wildcat the hardest. Paladin and mage was easy. With the mage just remember to enchant your blade first and then it’s just attack and attack and more attack. Heal yourself too of course.

I am only missing four of the normal/bad endings. I think I know what they are but wonder if I bother though? Hmmm…

I still have problems with Paladin. More often than not, Sage paralyzes me then gets in 3 or 4 attacks. It’s hard to win when you keep losing 50% of your HP between your actions.

Hmm, I’m missing 7 of the normal/bad ones myself at this point. I already have a few guesses as what’s involved in some of them, it’s just working out the logic to get to them now.

Just as an omake, has anybody tried the screen capture function in the game?

Try right-clicking that button and see what happens…

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:

Try right-clicking that button and see what happens....

I did, and my room exploded! Thanks, now I'm living in the MOS Burger dumpster. At least there's free food to eat and I get to keep "pets" now.

Homeless,
Made in DNA

quote:

Try right-clicking that button and see what happens....

Tried a few times. With right click it just tells you where the file is saved. I must doing something wrong??

WIth the paladin it luck sometimes. The mage sometimes just keeps casting paralyze and fails with you beat the crap out of her. hehe

if you right click, the screenshot you captured will be in a sepia tone

quote:
Originally posted by Made in DNA:
I did, and my room exploded! Thanks, now I'm living in the MOS Burger dumpster. At least there's free food to eat and I get to keep "pets" now.

Awww, but those "pets" are just so cute and furry... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:

Aaaahhhh! X-Change2, Canvas edition! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

* hides *

Just got XC2 in the mail yesterday. Tried it out for an hour. It was a bit overwhelming seeing all those features on the settings page.

I love the extras packed into the second disc. It’s definitely great to be able to play the soundtrack without running the program.

quote:

Is that a new feature?
I tried it with the japanese X-Change2 from the Best of CROWD Collection but to no avail...

So, to bring this thread (somewhat) back to it’s (murky) original topic…

I have yet to see anyone post a direct comparison of XC2 to XC1…people have made side remarks comparing this or that, but I want to hear a more…thorough…comparison between the two before I make any kind of decision.

Questions? Comments? Donations?

quote:
Originally posted by Ecchifan:
It's definitely great to be able to play the soundtrack without running the program. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

That's the case for all Crowd games as far as I know. It was even true for Xchange, their oldest Windows 95 release. One of the reason why I love Crowd.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
So, to bring this thread (somewhat) back to it's (murky) original topic...

You feeling well? Shesh, trying to get us back on topic... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:

I have yet to see anyone post a direct comparison of XC2 to XC1...people have made side remarks comparing this or that, but I want to hear a more...thorough...comparison between the two before I make any kind of decision.

Hmm, not sure what you're looking for in a comparisson but here goes:

XC2 is definitely an improvement over XC1. I thought the artwork was a bit better with nice little touches here and there, I just love some of the expressions the characters had. The path complexity was much greater, it wasn't a simple matter of zooming through all the choices to get the endings like XC1 was. And the additional side games added a nice touch of randomness to keep the game interesting in multiple play throughs without being totally overwhelming. Of course, there's those unavoidable scenes again, which I could do without, but they didn't seem as prominent as they were in the original. (Which is definitely a good thing.) And like I mentioned earlier, there's the little links to the original storyline, but they also weren't so integrated in this story that someone jumping in to it would be totally lost. All in all, I thoguht it was a good title, not knocking into my top titles but still solid and a great improvement over the original.

I managed to sneak in 2 hours today on xc2, and I agree that it’s a BIG improvement over the original. That said, I wish we had more save slots.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Hmm, not sure what you're looking for in a comparisson but here goes:

XC2 is definitely an improvement over XC1. I thought the artwork was a bit better with nice little touches here and there, I just love some of the expressions the characters had. The path complexity was much greater, it wasn't a simple matter of zooming through all the choices to get the endings like XC1 was. And the additional side games added a nice touch of randomness to keep the game interesting in multiple play throughs without being totally overwhelming. Of course, there's those unavoidable scenes again, which I could do without, but they didn't seem as prominent as they were in the original. (Which is definitely a good thing.) And like I mentioned earlier, there's the little links to the original storyline, but they also weren't so integrated in this story that someone jumping in to it would be totally lost. All in all, I thoguht it was a good title, not knocking into my top titles but still solid and a great improvement over the original.

¬_¬

Okay, fine. I'll come right out and say it. Is XChange 2 the rapefest XChange was? I've heard people say "they're there, but less prominent"...well, as far as I'm concerned XC1 was so far off the deep end in that respect that almost anything looks better, so a straight comparison doesn't answer my question...How many rape scenes are there in the good paths? Hoy many consentual scenes are there in the good paths?

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:How many rape scenes are there in the good paths? Hoy many consentual scenes are there in the good paths?[/B]

Some spoilers included below:

1) Takuya-kun and Asuka (required on some good/best paths) - Although some might say this is not exactly rape, I won't say it is exactly consentual either.

2) Kouji and Takuya-chan. Unavoidable. To put it bluntly, it was even unnecessary.

3) The rape bus. Shall I say more???

4) Sano-sensei and Takuya-chan. Again, unavoidable and unnecessary.

5) Terada-sensei and Takuya-chan. I don't remember if it is required on some paths, but it is still unnecessary.

I consider that X-Change 2 is a huge improvement over X-Change, specially because some paths are on the ren'ai side. Megumi's path anyone?

quote:
¬_¬

Okay, fine. I'll come right out and say it. Is XChange 2 the rapefest XChange was? I've heard people say "they're there, but less prominent"...well, as far as I'm concerned XC1 was so far off the deep end in that respect that almost anything looks better, so a straight comparison doesn't answer my question...How many rape scenes are there in the good paths? Hoy many consentual scenes are there in the good paths?

I think a comparison of Takuya's treatment on the bus would help in deciding whether you would consider XC2 to be a rapefest like XC1. the scene in xc2 wasn't too bad, in my view. and there was no train scene in xc2.

quote:

Okay, we've talked about the three unavoidables. But other than those three, most of them are pretty much avoidable either via your choice selection or winning the mini-games. For the best paths, there are a few "non-consentuals" in Miyuki, Maiko, and Kyoko's paths, but are debateable. For instance, the first sex scene with Miyuki is part of establishing her personality quirk of getting too involved in her acting role. The rest is pretty much consentual, usually between the male Takuya and whomever's path he's on. (Generally there's just the one sex scene usually near the end of the path after you've established a relationship with the girl.) It definitely wasn't the "female Takuya getting screwed by everyone who's path she crosses" the first game was.

[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 07-02-2003).]