X-change 2 spoilers!

Since PeachPri is slated to release X-change 2 soon, I feel that it is appropriate to post a few spoilers. I own the Japanese version of the game (and I speak Japanese quite fluently, having lived in Tokyo these past two years). If you don’t like spoilers, then please read no further, but if you do, then here goes:

Cast of Characters:

Takuya
Our hero(ine), Takuya is a bit more confident and assertive than in the previous game, but he seems to have developed a serious case of foot-in-mouth disease, the bane of male anime characters everywhere. Now in his/her senior year at Miyanomori High, Takuya is president of the Chemistry club.

Asuka
Asuka has been Takuya’s girlfriend ever since the end of the previous game, but lately she has been quick to anger and slow to apologize or forgive. She acts a bit like Akane Tendo from Ranma 1/2–it must be a stereotype that gender-bending characters have short-tempered girlfriends or something.

Chisato
Freshman girl Chisato is the Chemistry Club’s new mad scientist. She has an ego as big as Tenchi Muyo’s Washu, and considers Asami Sato, the previous club president, to be her greatest rival in her quest for greatness. Chisato is always trying to force others to be her guinea pigs in her esoteric experiments.

Koji
Koji has found himself completely unable to forget the day when he confessed his love for Takuya-chan and then was seduced by her. He will do ANYTHING to relive that day, and when Takuya becomes female once again, Koji’s sole priority is to keep her that way. Koji has joined the Chemistry Club in order to be close to Takuya. Closest analogue: Hanagata from "Saber Marionette J"

Daisuke
Daisuke is Takuya’s sorta-buddy who constantly has sex on the brain–he cannot go five lines without saying something to insult the girls. Fortunately Takuya, Yumiko, and Asuka keep him in line by pounding him any time he goes too far.

Yumiko
Asuka’s energetic friend Yumiko loves to gossip–she is always up to date on the latest rumors in school, and she can never keep a secret for longer than one scene. (Note: Yumiko is the only major girl character in the game whom Takuya can NOT pursue–she is not winnable)

Maiko
Maiko is incredibly childish and naive, and presents a vacuous exterior while being quite sneaky and conniving underneath. An underclassman at Miyanomori High, Maiko has been sexually abused by a number of people including Mr. Terada. Ms. Matsunaga, and the people on the “pervert bus”. When Takuya-chan rescues her from several of these situations, Maiko latches onto her (Maiko has lesbian tendencies as well). However, Maiko may not react at all well to discovering that Takuya is really a guy…

Kyoko
While searching for a part time job, Takuya-chan is approached by a man who offers her some modeling work. The modeling turns out to involve a rather skimpy outfit and risque poses. As he is taking the pictures, his daughter, Kyoko, shows up. Kyoko is a college student, yet she appears younger than Takuya. Kyoko ends up enlisting Takuya’s help in reigning in her father’s hobby of coercing young girls into sexual situations.

Miyuki
Upon hearing that Takuya has become female yet again, Miyuki, the president of the Drama Club, enlists her to play the lead opposite herself in the club’s next play. The only problem is that the characters are lovers, and Miyuki gets WAY too absorbed in her roles–she convinces herself that she IS her character…

Shizuka
Shizuka is an overly-sheltered girl who yearns for freedom. Somehow, she looks almost exactly identical to Takuya-chan except for the hair color, so when they meet, she suggests that they switch places for a while, “Prince and the Pauper” style.

Megumi
Megumi goes to another high school, and she has developed a crush on Takuya, whom she only sees on the bus. She meets Takuya-chan when the latter gets a job at the karaoke parlor where she works, and confides in her, not knowing that her new co-worker is really the boy she admires!

Mr. Terada
Terada has not changed since last time. He still forces himself on students he likes, including both Takuya-chan and Maiko

Ms. Matsunaga
The school nurse is the same as always, engaging in sexual activities with students whenever she can. It is she who encourages the abused Maiko to pursue a relationship with Takuya-chan.

Ms. Oomura
Takuya and company’s homeroom teacher, Ms. Oomura seems to live in a rose-colored fantasy world of her own. She is very pleasant and gentle to students she likes, but get on her bad side and she becomes a drill sergeant.

Mr. Sano
If you thought Mr. Terada was bad, Mr. Sano is worse. Sano was fired from his previous school for screwing a student, and he shows no sign of mending his ways. Sano is also an extreme narcissist, constantly dwelling on his own greatness and refusing to see the evidence before his eyes that, frankly, the girls are disgusted by him (think of Tatewaki Kuno from Ranma 1/2). At Miyanomori High, he has set his sights on Takuya and Asuka…

Sho
Sho Kobayashi is Takuya-chan’s student if she chooses to seek work as a private tutor. Sho is a middle school student who is just learning about sex, and he wants Takuya-chan to teach him!

(continued in next post)

In comparison to its predecessor, X-change 2 is much more heavily focused on the humorous storytelling and less focused on the sex scenes. The sex scenes are there, and they are integrated into the plot, but they do not dominate it. Three of the scenes show up no matter what path you choose through the game (once with Koji in the Chemistry lab, once on the “pervert bus”, and once being forced by Mr. Sano), but the rest of the scenes are dependant on the player’s choices.

The basic plot is that Chisato has created a new machine, which she dubs “Quick Revolution ™”. It is supposed to extend a person’s height, but when she is testing it on Takuya, it goes haywire. Takuya attempts to switch it off by hitting the abort button, but he hits the auto-destruct button instead, which results in the machine exploding. When the smoke clears, Takuya is a girl yet again.

Since Asami is no longer available to help, Takuya asks Chisato to create the drug to make her male again. Koji, of course, is opposed to this, and when he discovers Asami’s notes detailing how to create the drug, he attempts to destroy them by eating the pages, only to be stopped by Asuka.

Chisato agrees to make the drug, but she needs money to do it since she spent the club’s entire budget for the year on her machine earlier (it is June in the game, and the school year in Japan goes from April until early March, with August off, so there are nine months left in the year). Thus, Takuya will need to get a job…

There are a large number of very funny scenes in the game. Just to name a few:

Asuka takes Takuya-chan shopping for clothes, and at the lingerie shop, we see Takuya-chan grinning and hugging a huge pile of underwear dreamily.

Koji tries to ask Takuya-chan out on a date for the umpteenth time
Takuya-chan: No way!
Koji: Please consider it!
Takuya-chan: Hmmmmmmmmm…nope!
Koji: That’s mean!
Takuya-chan: You said consider it, so I considered it.

Chisato attempts to recreate the incident that made Takuya female, this time using Koji as her guinea pig. The player’s choices earlier in the game will determine whether Koji becomes female or not.

Mr. Sano finally discovers that Takuya was originally male, and his mind blows a gasket:
Sano: Oh no! I’ve been screwing a MAN!!!

There are 23 endings to X-change 2. Each of the girls has a happy ending where she becomes Takuya’s new girlfriend (or in Asuka’s case, becomes even closer to Takuya), and also a not-so-happy ending. I do not recall all 23 of the endings, but they include:

The medicine is a failure and Takuya is stuck as female for life

Takuya-chan agrees to date Koji and becomes his girlfriend

Chisato’s attempt to recreate the incident is successful, and Koji becomes a girl, leading to a relationship between Takuya and the girl Koji.

Maiko discovers that Takuya was originally male and steals the drug, using it to blackmail Takuya-chan into a lesbian relationship with her–a relationship where weeks become months and it’s apparent that she will NEVER let Takuya become a guy again.

X-change 2 is filled with laughs and, in my opinion, is FAR more fun than the original was. If you liked the first X-change, then you will LOVE X-change 2. My only nitpick is that while even the most minor female characters have full voice–Takuya’s mother and Asuka’s mother have only a couple of lines each but both have their own actresses–none of the male characters (Takuya excluded) have voice actors. Koji, Daisuke, Mr. Sano, Sho, and Kyoko’s father all have large enough roles in the game to warrant actors, but Crowd chose to voice only the female cast.

Hello, and welcome to the Peach Princess’ boards! I didn’t read everything you wrote, since I felt that it would spoil too much, but I did read the characater profiles (that seems safe enough, at least ). and it sounds quite good ^_^. Now, I’m more eager than ever to play X-change 2!!!

Hm. I might vaguely consider buying XChange 2 now. That was actually interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Hm. I might vaguely consider buying XChange 2 now. That was actually interesting.

YES! A miracle has occured!!!! (or might occure [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img])

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
YES! A miracle has occured!!!! (or might occure [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img])

Isn't that part of "someone"'s evil plans? :P

Depends on just who this “someone” is

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
Isn't that part of "someone"'s evil plans? :P

This, too, is all part of my evil plans.

What? You want to know what my evil plans are? As soon as I find out, I'll get back to you.

quote:

Please do! It is hilarious! I can't give you specific lines from the dialogue since PeachPri's translation is likely different from my own, but I can guarantee that it's a laugh a minute, if only because you will spend fifty-nine seconds doubled over in laughter before you can proceed to the next line.

quote:
This, too, is all part of my evil plans.

What? You want to know what my evil plans are? As soon as I find out, I'll get back to you.

Hmm. Let me ask you, is a part of your evil plans to get the whole world interested in Adult Bishoujo games? If so, I'll gladly become one of your henchmen [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Ijuin:
Please do! It is hilarious! I can't give you specific lines from the dialogue since PeachPri's translation is likely different from my own, but I can guarantee that it's a laugh a minute, if only because you will spend fifty-nine seconds doubled over in laughter before you can proceed to the next line.

*shrugs*

Xchange 1 was theoretically supposed to be funny as well. It wasn't (well, not to me anyway).

quote:
Hmm. Let me ask you, is a part of your evil plans to get the whole world interested in Adult Bishoujo games? If so, I'll gladly become one of your henchmen [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm still not quite sure what my evil plans will involve, but rest assured they will be most evil.

And I believe you'd be applying for the position of _evil_ henchman? Mmm?

quote:
I'm still not quite sure what my evil plans will involve, but rest assured they will be most evil.

Sure, as long as the plan includes turning the whole word, then I'm willing the become an evil henchman [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]. Hmm, if Guybush Threepwood could be approved as a cannibal for gnawing on his finger nails, then I should be able to become approved for the position as an evil henchman for liking some of the "darker" adult bishojo games, and for stealing some of my little sisters Coca cola while she's away... [img]http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/contrib/scorchio/slook.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 07-02-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:

Crummy wages ( if any )...

If you're smart enough to figure that out, we don't want you anyway.

quote:

[b] And I believe you'd be applying for the position of _evil_ henchman? Mmm?

Count me OUT ...
Crummy wages ( if any )...
What about all dirty jobs to do...
Poor hours...
Power craved management...
No sick leave...[/b]

Woodelf, you forgot the most important thing:

Management taking credit for and not recognizing you for all your hard work!

quote:

Could please someone, anyone, explain it to me? What is evil about this goal?

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 07-02-2002).]

quote:
*shrugs*

Xchange 1 was theoretically supposed to be funny as well. It wasn't (well, not to me anyway).

Depends on whether you're asking somebody who's selling the game or somebody who's just been playing it. I say it is funny because I laughed a lot while playing it, not because I am getting paid to promote the game.

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Could please someone, anyone, explain it to me? What is evil about this goal?

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 07-02-2002).]

As soon as I find out, I'll let you know.

quote:
World take over is the evil bit with leagons of Vampire Lemons enslaving the masses. BTW with the shape the world is in
Do You really want IT?

Not very convincing.
Regarding the current state, wouldn't the "evil plan" be a general improvement?

Ooooh I wish, I'd not already joined ACROSS. In this case, I would be able to join the conspiration of the lemons. But first things first: Take over, ummm, errr, rescue the city! (No Sir IlPallazzo, I never mentioned ACROSS anywhere! Why?)

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
[B] Could please someone, anyone, explain it to me? What is evil about this goal?
[B]

I think the rest of the world would think of it as evil. Bush would tear his hair if something like this became really popular in the world, and the Pope and his "henchmen" in the catolic countries of the world would get lots of heart attacks [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] - "sex" is by many seen as something sinful, and if Adult Bishoujo Games got really popular, the people who views sex as something "sinful" would be shocked if they saw Adult Bishoujo games and saw the fact that adult bishoujo gmaes have almost no limits, if you understand what I mean when it comes to sex. So I'd say that such a plan would be evil enough [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]