X-Change 3 for pre-order!

It’s because this version doesn’t have V-Mate that they are downloading it…

I’ve listened to things that makes my hex-editing skills pale in comparison…

A while back I asked if there had been any confirmed sightings of Let’s Meow Meow cracks. All comments thus far have been rumor and speculation, so I decided to look for some direct evidence. I found a forum that might be called piracy central. [I won’t identify it.]

This group provides download links for every b-game in the English market, except LMM. There are active discussions about GC and VM, and several requests have been made to work on the new release. So far none of the pirate gangs has reported success or even progress. I take this to mean that V-Mate has been effective. I’ll keep an eye on the situation and let people know if that changes.

quote:
Originally posted by Italicus:
It's because this version doesn't have V-Mate that they are downloading it... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

I've listened to things that makes my hex-editing skills pale in comparison... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

Yes, and...?
That's still not the English version, so it's useless.

I can’t get into technical details since lamuness forbid such kinda discussions - mods, cracks and similar …

Anyway the chat i partecipated into and theforum where i got the infos were in Deutsch.

[This message has been edited by Italicus (edited 11-18-2004).]

The real test isn’t how long it takes VMate to be cracked for MdNN. It’s if, once cracked on ONE game, it can be used on ANY game locked down with VMate. That is another matter altogether. If the release of a crack for MdNN is accompanied by cracks for the rest of GC’s VMate library, or if all future VMate games go back to “few days turnaround” … then GC has gotten nowhere fast.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
The real test isn't how long it takes VMate to be cracked for MdNN. It's if, once cracked on ONE game, it can be used on ANY game locked down with VMate. That is another matter altogether. If the release of a crack for MdNN is accompanied by cracks for the rest of GC's VMate library, or if all future VMate games go back to "few days turnaround" ... then GC has gotten nowhere fast.
We won't know how effective VM will be for future games until more have been released. If the first game isn't cracked soon however, I think it increases the likelihood that GC will continue using the system and that PP may give it serious consideration. You can be sure that both companies are keeping a close eye on the piracy situation.

Yep, nothing is impossible to crack as they say. If H-Games are being stolen so much like everyone says, it’ll most likely be cracked.

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Why does every topic of discussion on this board end up talkin bout V-mate?

This topic is about “X-Change 3 for pre-order!”

X-change is a PP product

V-mate is a GC product

The 2 aren’t even related.

P.S. it looks like v-mate is here to stay for the near future so GET OVER IT!

thank you.

I second that.

quote:
Originally posted by SpidiB:
This topic is about "X-Change 3 for pre-order!"
Changing topics is a venerable tradition here on the PeaPri board.
quote:
GET OVER IT!
Being dismissive never wins any argument.

Well, with all the upset, it’s understandable that people are going to worry about crazy things happening on any new game being released.

As for “get over it”, get over what, not being able to have any more games from GColl? Well, they aren’t that great anyway. Sorry, I’m not paying for a game I can’t play.

I don’t second the “get over it” statement, but I do second the general sentiment.

Please, PLEASE stop turning every topic in a V-Mate war!

Hi, sorry for not being able to keep up with the site as I should. Been finalizing a little game I think you all want :slight_smile:

At this time I don’t plan to use Vmate for XC3. I trust that the large file size (2 gb) will help to keep the file sharing down, at least on the FTP type sites.

That’s great to hear, Peter!!!

* a sigh of relief *

quote:
Originally posted by SpidiB:
AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Why does every topic of discussion on this board end up talkin bout V-mate?

This topic is about "X-Change 3 for pre-order!"

X-change is a PP product

V-mate is a GC product

The 2 aren't even related.

P.S. it looks like v-mate is here to stay for the near future so GET OVER IT!

thank you.

Interesting how your last line engendered two MORE posts, both of which agreed that VMate was being discussed too much, then discussed VMate. ¬_¬

Now, to get back on topic for a moment...

I don't know. XChange 2 was much much better than XC1 - but then, this is not exactly very hard. XC2 did manage to be rather amusing, though, which I suppose is good enough for me to keep an open mind. I'll wait for the reviews, though.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
Hi, sorry for not being able to keep up with the site as I should. Been finalizing a little game I think you all want ^_^

At this time I don't plan to use Vmate for XC3. I trust that the large file size (2 gb) will help to keep the file sharing down, at least on the FTP type sites.

I told you, guys! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

But unfortunately, i don't think just the large file size of XC3 will make a great difference to the pirates. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

Actually, pirates will just rip the voice and such out of the game to reduce the file size. So I wouldn’t count on large size being a deterrent…

But then the pirates get a lame half-baked copy of the game and might be encouraged to go looking for the Real Thing.

BUT ANYWAY.

Yay more Peach Princess games!

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
Well, now we have X-Change 3 for pre-order. That means... the same thing happening with the poor Takuya for the 3rd time! Talking about some bad old habits... (^^')

i just preorder my copy a few days ago; hopefully the game will appear a few months from now. i purchased and enjoyed XC1 and XC2. in fact, i might as well reinstall them and play again [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by aeiou (edited 11-20-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by aeiou:
i just preorder my copy a few days ago; hopefully the game will appear a few months from now. i purchased and enjoyed XC1 and XC2. in fact, i might as well reinstall them and play again :)

[This message has been edited by aeiou (edited 11-20-2004).]

Well, knowing Peach Princess, they really go all out on the "pre" part in the word "preorder". ;-)