X-Change 3 release date, 6/25

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=37222

Seems like release date for the X-Change 3 is set for 6/25. From the look of it, this looks pretty much solid since Getchu has plenty of info about it. And it is going to be on DVD-ROM as well, wow. I just love Akazaki Yasuma’s art work, it’s so good

Just out of curiousity, does Peach Princess have any plan of releasing this game in the future? Or I might missed some posts regarding this, then please fill me in~

quote:
Originally posted by hotsuma:
Just out of curiousity, does Peach Princess have any plan of releasing this game in the future? Or I might missed some posts regarding this, then please fill me in~

Well, I think it's a pretty soild bet to say that PP will _try_ to release this. After all, PP have followed the XC series as far as to the second one, and the series have been quite popular from what I've heard so we might see XC3 in the future, but how far off that future is - who can say?

After they finish all their project,which u can be sure gonna take some amount of time How if u give them some help,spec -san?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!
Not DVD!

By the way, I already bought a DVD-player to be able to watch anime. Good quality player, pretty simple, from Bellagio. 55 EUR. I don’t need more.

quote:
Originally posted by RedHell:
After they finish all their project,which u can be sure gonna take some amount of time [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] How if u give them some help,spec -san? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Me? How? I'm no programmer, and I'm still only an amateur in the japanese language and will remain one for quite some time, so
there isn't much I can do to help Peach Princess to finish one of their projects more quickly ^^;;

quote:

although it would be great if the North American release of XC3 was toward the end of this year, its far more likely that the game will arrive here in 2005.

My guess is mid to late 2005 if you are saying 2005, remember they have at least the two or three games we all know they are working on getting out sometime (we all hope) this year, Little My Maid, Gibo and Sakigake. Not sure what is next but I am guessing sometime before XC3 and after the others would come Doushin (it is them who is releasing that too I think) so all that in mind, I think it is more toward the end of the middle, beginning of the end of 2005 if 2005 is the correct year to guess.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 04-18-2004).]

anyone know what this is?
http://www.sis.iowave.co.jp/crowd/xc3_ki/xc3_ki.html
it looks like this will be released one month before the game itself.

Hi, we’ll definitely release this, we’re already talking with Crowd about when the script will be done. Part of the reason Brave Soul took a long time to do was because they gave us the script files before they were 100% done, though, forcing us to alter them when the game was released finally. We’ll need to wait for it to be released, probably.

Good news, hopefully it will be put on the “fast track” Wishful thinking but getting this out for christmas would be nice

Only if I can get X-Change and X-Change 2 before Christmas, though! ~_^

quote:
Originally posted by aeiou:

anyone know what this is?
http://www.sis.iowave.co.jp/crowd/xc3_ki/xc3_ki.html
it looks like this will be released one month before the game itself.

hmm ... the above link no longer works. apparently, crowd is reorganising their XC3 site. anyway, it's good to hear that Peach Princess will release this game for the English-speaking players.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
Hi, we'll definitely release this, we're already talking with Crowd about when the script will be done. Part of the reason Brave Soul took a long time to do was because they gave us the script files before they were 100% done, though, forcing us to alter them when the game was released finally. We'll need to wait for it to be released, probably.

Wow, this is really a great news!!! Now, I don't even have to worry about getting the Japanese version of it, hehehe... I know wait will be long but I shall endure it!!!

But boy, waiting for X-Change 2 back then was pretty painful... Here we go again though T_T

[This message has been edited by hotsuma (edited 05-04-2004).]

http://www.sis.iowave.co.jp/crowd/tuuhan/xc3_yoyaku/xc3_yoyaku.html

It seems like if you pre-order the Japanese version by 5/24, you get an extra gift in a form of drama CD. That’s pretty tempting but since US release is confirmed, oh well.

Maybe in the future, they will sell drama CD seperately. And I’m sure they will…

quote:
... It seems like if you pre-order the Japanese version by 5/24, you get an extra gift in a form of drama CD.

what exactly is a drama CD? thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by aeiou:
what exactly is a drama CD? thanks.

A drama CD is a kind of omake that Japanese companies will put out occasionally. Some anime have them too. Basically you get all the seiyuu together and you have then do a "radio play" as their characters, and you put it on a CD and distribute it.

I don’t think ‘omake’ would be the right term for drama CDs. It’s a related product more than an “extra”. And for anime, the drama CD can become before or after the anime. (I know one series was a manga first, then the drama CD, and then the anime was created, but I can’t remember which one it was at the moment.) So sometimes the seiyuu are different between the radio drama and the anime.

I am not sure if this is the one you were thinking of but I think World of Narue was manga, drama CD, then anime, from some of the conversations that I have heard the voice actors give that seems to have been the way in which it took place.

Actually a lot of popular manga and anime spawn Drama CDs. It’s not really an Omake but a separate market item much like manga and anime. Although alot of times the drama CD is included as an omake in LE anime and manga collections. Sorta like Ai Yori Aoshi manga vol 11 LE included a drama CD.

Well, you can say a drama CD can be a cheap, alternative way to make additional episodes. For example, if you make the drama CD for an anime series, you don’t need to make cels or draw CGs, you just need voice actors to do the job.

Of course this is not the case all the time but series like Nadesico chose this method to continue the stories after The Prince of Darkness movie.