X-Change 3 Update 01/30 2004

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
If they did make a fourth game, and if they did use Takuya's son / daughter, then it could be pretty cool if you could [b]choose your sex at the beginning of every day, and how the different scenarios played out because of that.[/b]

Boy, it's not like some of us don't wake up confused as it is... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

No, even being able to swap back and forth would be pushing it in terms of originality. If they really want to be original they should turn Takuya into – say – an android. Just think of the possibilities here. Trisexual orgies!

Or how about this. A random winnable girl from the future gets sent back with DNA bullets to stop the MegaSkank gene from spreading out of control, but accidentally infects Takuya with it while he’s still male (she gets the timing wrong) creating an unholy combination of the two. It’s so original!

This is probably going to sound like a bad Star Trek plot but his friends in the lab are running an experiment which winds up in someways like a transporter accident and splits him into his two halves, male and female, so in a sense he is two different people and can chase himself or herself or whatever if he wants.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
PS That Star Trek plot was done years ago, but Kirk never did change sex but he did get split into two haves.

You're forgetting the very last episode, Turnabout Intruder, where
quote:
The Enterprise receives a distress call from Camus II, where they find all but two inhabitants dead from radiation. One survivor, Janice Lester, is an old friend of Kirk's. But now she despises him and uses an alien technique to change bodies with him. When Kirk/Janice tries to explain things, Spock, Scotty and McCoy are accused of mutiny and Janice/Kirk calls for the death penalty!

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
If they did make a fourth game, and if they did use Takuya's son / daughter, then it could be pretty cool if you could [b]choose your sex at the beginning of every day, and how the different scenarios played out because of that.[/b]

[img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]. Perhaps... tHat's not a bad idea, as are some of th eothe rpeople's ideas (Imagine Takuya being spilt in two and ending up with himself, for example!), but I'd rather like if it was Takuya's son/daughter who had the mainc haracter role, not Takuya. As I said, he deserves his rest now [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

Might as well add a suggestion of my own instead: What if Takuya's daughter/son becomes like the main character in DN Angel instead, because of the fact that Takuya's genes were affected by his transformation to the point that it became liekt his: When certain contidions is meet, his son/daughter will turn into the opposite sex and has to stay liek that until the right conditions are meet for him/her to turn back into his/her original gender again... I dunno if he/she would be searching for a cure, through...

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
PS That Star Trek plot was done years ago, but Kirk never did change sex but he did get split into two haves.
Jim, I'm a doctor not a X-change expert.

[This message has been edited by woodelf (edited 02-09-2004).]

Ah okay, I knew it was familiar but all I could remember is one where the transporter beamed them into an alternate dimension adn beamed their evil twins into their dimensions. Mirror, Mirror I think was the title and the one I was thinking of instead of the split into two halves which I was not sure happened and if it did if it had in TOS or TNG, which come to think of it, it kind of happened to both, to Kirk and then Riker.

Well it would be interesting and a clear end to the series, or maybe not, if they did the son and daughter who changed and did not want to change back or was forced to change back to their original form and worked hard to find a way to change again because they liked the other form better then their original form, though that is just weird even for this series. Which is similar to your idea Spectator Beholder
?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 02-10-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
No, even being able to swap back and forth would be pushing it in terms of originality. If they really want to be original they should turn Takuya into -- say -- an android. Just think of the possibilities here. Trisexual orgies!

Or how about this. A random winnable girl from the future gets sent back with DNA bullets to stop the MegaSkank gene from spreading out of control, but accidentally infects Takuya with it while he's still male (she gets the timing wrong) creating an unholy combination of the two. It's so original!

I see someone's been watching a particular anime too much [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

The star trek one would be interesting with split takuyas. Or how about this time Takuya is a teacher now and is an advisor for the science club. Then we can have a member of the club get switch and takuya help him get back to normal [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
I see someone's been watching a particular anime too much [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, I've never seen it and have no plans to. But I do know of it.

Hmmm, given that a DVD drive is required, I would assume that it means that the game would not fit onto two CDs. Since XC2 had all of the game data on one disk (the other disk being for high-qality background music that defaults to midi if you choose not to use it), that implies that either 1: XC3 will have GREATLY more scenes in it (like twice as much as XC2) or 2: XC3 will contain animation in the main game (most likely either in the form of animated cut scenes, or some form of full-animation).

Now, to comment on Takuya changing sexes all the time, here is an idea that I had when I first saw the scene in XC2 where Chisato tries to duplicate the explosion and transform Kouji into a girl but fails. My thought is that the original drug (or the reversal of it) in XC1 left Takuya’s gender unstable somehow, which results in him later being turned female by things that would not have the same effect on regular people.

As for my hopes for the game, I would like to see a couple of happy endings that have Takuya permanantly female. In XC2 the two endings with Takuya and Kouji were semi-happy ones, the female Takuya + Maiko ending was sort of unhappy (being forced into a lesbian relationship for an indefinite period before Maiko would surrender the antidote), and the other female Takuya endings were definitely unhappy ones. Let’s see Takuya actually happy as a girl for a change.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Actually, I've never seen it and have no plans to. But I do know of it.

Ahhh it's not that bad an anime. Course the throwing up part is messed up [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

It will be fun to see it unfold. I wonder if they’ll have a Brave Soul crossover? Oo! Oo!

quote:
Originally posted by Ijuin:
Hmmm, given that a DVD drive is required, ... that implies that either 1: XC3 will have GREATLY more scenes in it (like twice as much as XC2) or 2: XC3 will contain animation in the main game (most likely either in the form of animated cut scenes, or some form of full-animation).

animated sequences most likely because the XC3 requirements also include an MPEG-1 player where Media Player 6.4 is the minimum.

the animation/audio will most likely not fully exploit the DVD standard because the spec mandates the usage of the MPEG-2 video coding standard.

[This message has been edited by aeiou (edited 02-13-2004).]