X-Change 3 Update 01/30 2004

Crowd has updated the X-Change 3 Website and added a few CG’s.

Go here:

http://www.hs-crowd.co.jp/cg/xchange3/xc3_doc.html

thanks for the update. i guess the release date is still that nebulous 2004 … :wink:

Which makes a release date for the US even more nebulous

Early 2005 or late 2004 you figure for U.S. Release or is it far to early to even guess.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Early 2005 or late 2004 you figure for U.S.

well, i guess the North American release date will mainly depend on the resources available to Peach Princess later this year. i think the company is still busy with two other games. they may also have other priorities too.

Donno I wouldn’t hold my breath for late 2004 though

That is true I remember the two games on tap which are taking more importance.

Good update, good update ~~~. And, my, how Asami seems interested in Takuya’s body… DDD.

Does anybody know the background story to X3?

------------------
精神 の 神

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
Does anybody know the background story to X3?

Kouji slips an unknown substance into your food/drink that turns you, Takuya, into a girl again. you then help Chisato (re)create a machine that will hopefully turn you back into a boy.

You think they are going to try and milk this that long or this is going to be the last one?

Already this plot seems even for this series little far fetched, which is saying a lot given the general plot of this series, and they also keep throwing in new characters.

Though aren’t they bringing back all the old ones for this one too? Could that be a sign this is the last one, sort of bringing them all back for a final farewell?

quote:
You think they are going to try and milk this that long or this is going to be the last one?

the required system specs to play the game seem to suggest there's new and more content.
http://www.hs-crowd.co.jp/cg/xchange3/xc3_siyo.html
the above page states you need a DVD-ROM drive. plus you appparently need, at a minimum, Microsoft Media Player 6.4 to play the MPEG-1 files (since i guess most people are still using Win98). could there be brief anime shorts included with the game? i don't know.

quote:
Though aren't they bringing back all the old ones for this one too? Could that be a sign this is the last one, sort of bringing them all back for a final farewell?

Takuya's step-sister from XC1 makes a return. Crowd also updated the character bio page with new colour renders of the main cast. http://www.hs-crowd.co.jp/cg/xchange3/chara/xc3_chara.html
click on a character's name to point your browser to the corresponding JPG file.

i would have prefered a more clever plotline for XC3. this is Takuya's third round of gender-switching; i would think he's more confused than ever. that said, if XC3 is indeed the last installment of the XC franchise it would be fitting if all normal/bad/best endings involved Takuya as a female; allowing Takuya to revert back to a male just opens up the possibility for more sequels.

Yes but having at least one ending where he turns back to a male also leaves them the chance to make a sequel if they ever desire to sometime in the future, should this be the last planned one.

Sort of like leaving a movie with a good ending but always that slight chance 4 years from now they can come back and make a new one in the series.

quote:
Yes but having at least one ending where he turns back to a male also leaves them the chance to make a sequel if they ever desire ...

i do believe the concept is getting rather old with XC3. it might be better for Crowd to close Takuya's story arc (after three games) and start fresh with brand new cast members and situations. Takuya, as a female, could always have cameo appearances in future XC games just to 'bridge' the old and the new. an XC game where you play a student at a school where Takuya is an adult female teacher would, at least, be different.

quote:
Originally posted by aeiou:
i do believe the concept is getting rather old with XC3. it might be better for Crowd to close Takuya's story arc (after three games) and start fresh with brand new cast members and situations. Takuya, as a female, could always have cameo appearances in future XC games just to 'bridge' the old and the new. an XC game where you play a student at a school where Takuya is an adult female teacher would, at least, be different.

Yeah but you know what I see happening if this is it for the X-Change series itself? They will do a spin off but somehow his daughter or the daughter of someone involved will go through thr opposite process and have a female become male. Hey it's a new game that way right? Okay not really but it would be one way to try and continue a plot device that is making them money with a 'fresh' outlook and a new cast of characters.

regardless of the future direction of the XC franchise, Crowd should just give Takuya Aihara some closure. Takuya’s been through enough already …

quote:
Originally posted by aeiou:

regardless of the future direction of the XC franchise, Crowd should just give Takuya Aihara some closure. Takuya's been through enough already ... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

I fully agree and just hope whatever they do to end this it is done, is as full of closure as possible so they have to start something new rather then a spin-off which I frankly think would be cheesy.

Well, I do agree there. Takuya should indeed deserve his rest after being turned into a female 3 times . But indeed, it wouldn’t be bad if they continued the storyline with his son or soemthign like that . At least that would be better than using Takuya a fourth time -_-.

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
Well, I do agree there. Takuya should indeed deserve his rest after being turned into a female 3 times [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]. But indeed, it wouldn't be bad if they continued the storyline with his son or soemthign like that [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]. At least that would be better than using Takuya a fourth time -_-.

If they did make a fourth game, and if they did use Takuya's son / daughter, then it could be pretty cool if you could choose your sex at the beginning of every day, and how the different scenarios played out because of that.

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 02-09-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
If they did make a fourth game, and if they did use Takuya's son / daughter, then it could be pretty cool if you could choose your sex at the beginning of every day, and how the different scenarios played out because of that.
[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 02-09-2004).]

That would be cool and about the only way I think they could keep the concept fresh at the fourth game.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 02-09-2004).]