X-Change 3

Crowd finally has details on X-Change 3 up on it’s web site. From the character descriptions, it looks like Takuya’s the main character again.

Go here for details:

http://www.hs-crowd.co.jp/cg/xchange3/xc3_doc.html

------------------
“His last thought is wry, Not bad for a dead man.” Moon Knight vol.1, #1 (1980)

Current confirmed characters are:

Takuya
Asami
Asuka
Chisato
Natsumi
Koji

------------------

YAAAAYYYYY!!! FINAILY!!

Now, I just wonder what the story is like. Hmm…

Oh, and tot hinkt ha tNatsumi si back too! Things are going to become very interesting indeed… :3.

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 11-02-2003).]

see? I told you guys I wasn’t lying (partially) about the april fool thing, but (start sarcastic tone) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (end sarcastic tone) not a single soul believed me about the XC3 deal :stuck_out_tongue:

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 11-02-2003).]

:spock:

Even with announcement it doesn’t fill me with joy. I hope the obligatory non-consensual sex scenes will become optional by employing better story branching.

Considering the genre and overall plots of many games from all styles nowadays this may sound hypocritical, but I hope they are not running thin on excuses for the change, the first two were in the realm of fictional possibility, but how many new ways can they find that are plasuable that will not have the audience saying “Oh come on the same person again??” At least with other series games the same plot might be employed but they have different people within that plot for the most part.

shrug Depends on how they run it. It could be that the cure wasn’t permanent or stable. (not like they could know what the long term effects are either.) Oh well, guess we’ll just have to see.

Well according to the Alta Vista Translation on the Story page. Koji gets Asami to make some of the potion and slips it into Takuya’s drink. Takuya needs Chisato to recreate her wish machine to change him back.

(Basically a reversal of the X-Change 2 plot)

------------------

You can see the silouette’s of two of the new characters in the second to last choice on the menu.

------------------

Well, I’m also a little disappointed about they “re-using” Takuya for this, since it could have been done in another way too. For example, Unicorn and I once discussed the possibility of Takuya’s son becoming the main character of the next XC game if there ever was one… For example, like this: Because of the two changes into a woman and back into a man, it had a strange side-effect that shows up when Takuya’s son reaches the same age that Takuya was in when he change dinto a woman for the first time… The side-effect is, of course, that he suddenly changes into a woman ^_^.

Even so it, shall be interesting to see how Takuya willf are int his new game. And it will be interesting to see, indeed, if they manage to keep the quality of the XC series in this one…

Even if they feel they have to use Takuya, I have several hopes with this game, but first should mention I did enjoy the first two games a lot. My hopes are that this game is not simply a plot reversal of one of the previous games but has more interesting plot twists. Having a plot reversal to me, is kind of like a show having a great mystery season ender, that turns out to be a dream sequence the start of the next season. Also, hopefully, they will do more then simply try to keep the plot alive by introducing new characters, that never works in the long run and is the classic sign of a dying series that is trying to stay alive.
Is it known too, if they will start this one from one of the endings of 2 as they had 2 start from one of the endings of 1?
By the way, I really like the idea you and Unicorn discussed Spectator Beholder, that actually shoulds like a far superior plot then simply reversing parts of the plots from 2 and 1.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 11-02-2003).]

Sorry for putting this in another message block but in light of translation I recently got, does anyone know a good way to translate any of the above noted game webpages? I tried Altavista and sadly the translation was discussing something about, to quote "The wild spinach to come it is lovely the story of the character and horseman . . . " I am still just starting to learn Japanese so my translations are equal gibberish which is why I am hoping someone knows a clearer translation way for this gamepage.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Sorry for putting this in another message block but in light of translation I recently got, does anyone know a good way to translate any of the above noted game webpages? I tried Altavista and sadly the translation was discussing something about, to quote "The wild spinach to come it is lovely the story of the character and horseman . . . " I am still just starting to learn Japanese so my translations are equal gibberish which is why I am hoping someone knows a clearer translation way for this gamepage.

Well, I'm somewhat good at Japanese myself but I still have a long way to go, so at times when I get in trouble when trying to read a webpage in Japanese, I use this one:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/url/
It's the best translator that exist as far as I know. Far superior to Babelfish anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
Well, I'm somewhat good at Japanese myself but I still have a long way to go, so at times when I get in trouble when trying to read a webpage in Japanese, I use this one:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/url/
It's the best translator that exist as far as I know. Far superior to Babelfish anyway.

Cool Thank you.

I hope it features some “futanari” themes this time.

My ending wishes:

Takuya / An ending with each of the female main characters

male Asuka / female Takuya

Male Takuya / Female Koji

that’s pretty much what I’d like to see although I bet we get a lesbian ending with Natsumi as well. I’m really hoping my second choice is in there, just because it would show that Asuka does truly love Takuya and would do that so they could be together, unlike Koji who forces Takuya to be what he wants him / her to be.

------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
My ending wishes:

male Asuka / female Takuya

That would be an interesting ending, but does this ending mean, that at least within this ending, there is no way to ever turn Takuya back? But it would indeed be an interesting way to show the depth of love Asuka has for Takuya.

quote:
That would be an interesting ending, but does this ending mean, that at least within this ending, there is no way to ever turn Takuya back?

Of course not. You just have to wait until XChange4... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Of course not. You just have to wait until XChange4... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

LOL Keeping the series alive through a possible cliffhanger style ending? Well that would be a good way actually to ensure there is an XChange4 without having to worry about the fact this one guy keeps changing is getting too thin a plot point.

quote:
LOL Keeping the series alive through a possible cliffhanger style ending? Well that would be a good way actually to ensure there is an XChange4 without having to worry about the fact this one guy keeps changing is getting too thin a plot point.

Aww, come on. I mean look how long they've been running with the gag on Ranma 1/2...

Just kidding. Of course the question really is, will PeaPri be bringing this game over? And if it's more in line with the second X-Change more than the first in terms of gameplay. I just played X-Change again this weekend and boy are the improvements done in X-Change 2 really standing out in my mind now...