X-Change-R and X-Change-2R

I think that Peach Princess may not work or release on X-Change R/R2 yet.

I remember that it was recently said that they won’t be translating those.

I doubt it. X-Change/X-Change 2 R seems to be one of those ‘fanbox’ type of service, only for the hardcorest of hardcore gamers that want the updated graphics and voices.

It’s like the Star Wars Trilogy update.

“Oooh, now with CGI explodey effects!”

quote:
Originally posted by dimitri01:
Will peach princess be releasing english versions of these games?

no. Peach Princess would rather devote resources to bring new games to the English speaking/reading audience than spends months working on remakes.

I rather see Yin Yang instead because it is better than X-Change 1 and 2 combined.

I would rather see Yin Yang as well. These games would be nice but they are just revamped versions of games that we already have. I think that time and resources would be better spent by bringing us an entirely new game in the X-Change series.

Or how about an entirely new game that has nothing to do with X-Change. That would really be something.

quote:
Originally posted by aeiou:
no. Peach Princess would rather devote resources to bring new games to the English speaking/reading audience than spends months working on remakes.
Well it wouldn't be their first remake...

But yea right now, i doubt they have any plans for it.

quote:
It's like the Star Wars Trilogy update.

"Oooh, now with CGI explodey effects!"

Unless you're referring to another Star Wars Trilogy update, the update was more about missing scenes and characters that got included.
quote:
Well it wouldn't be their first remake...

?

The Jast Memorial Collection does contain new programing and enhcancemnts that were not in the original. It doesn’t go as far as the XC or XC2 remakes, but technically it is a remake as it did add several new things and enhancements.

quote:
Unless you're referring to another Star Wars Trilogy update, the update was more about missing scenes and characters that got included.

quote:
It's like the Star Wars Trilogy update.

"Oooh, now with CGI explodey effects!"

They added and changed a lot of stuff.

For instance, Han Solo shoots in self-defense, not before the bounty hunter as in the original.

And the first Death Star explosion definitely had preposterously explodey effects.

Meh. It wasn't about putting stuff that was missing, it was deliberate alteration to the characters' personas and unnecessary additions of digital fireworks. Give me the original any time of the week.

Oh come on. Just watch the interviews before the actual movies. It points out that some things were added that weren’t possible back then. Like the scene in Episode IV between Han Solo and Jabba.

errm, this is not a star wars BBS so ehmm, don’t get off topic please

I think they should release X-change R and R2 because it’s more than a simple remake there’s brand new CG’s and characters. I’m not sure if it has new endings but if it’s got new CG’s and characters it wouldn’t surprise. Also the game engine for X-change R and R2 is almost exactly the same as the one for Yin Yang so once they finish working on one the other shouldn’t be to hard. In fact if I was in charge of it I would start working on both at the same time because it should end up saving Peach Princess money in the long run.

Besides I heard some people have trouble running X-change on Windows XP and that the new 64-bit version might not even play it. That alone should be enough to release and english version of X-change R and R2.

I guess it would be decided really on whether they thought they could do much better profitwise to procure license for a new game or the remake and the sales of each.

Either way it doesn’t much matter to me. What they chose to get reguardless will likely not be my cup-of-tea.

quote:
Originally posted by AnimeFreak:
Besides I heard some people have trouble running X-change on Windows XP and that the new 64-bit version might not even play it. That alone should be enough to release and english version of X-change R and R2.

Actually that can be fixed by changing the language setting. If I remember correctly, X-Change font style is Japanese style font in PC.I think the directions are listed on rightstuf.com where I got X-Change.

[This message has been edited by Sousuke (edited 05-25-2005).]

scriptwise not all of it can be reused from the first part, but even those that can likely have to be adjusted for new length for insertion so you don’t get weird unreadable text.

As i said though, personally it doesn’t matter to me that much. Turn around time might be cut, but it might not be able to give them the profits they’re looking for when all is said and done.

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 05-27-2005).]