XCR/XC2R update

Crowd has updated the XchangeR/Xchange2R page with new info and images.

First of all, the release date is set for October 1st, and anybody who wants the limited edition materials needs to make their reservations by September 15th (Japan time zone).

Second, there is a demo movie trailer up for download, and as each character is shown in the trailer, it also shows a bit of character info–the info for the new XCR character, Kate Damiano, confirms that she is the somewhat-naive blonde foreign exchange student archetype. It also says that she seems to have the idea that Takuya’s sex change is some sort of weird ninjutsu technique (meaning that she thinks that Takuya changed on purpose).

Also, in the new XC2R CG pics, we see Takuya in a China dress, and also some images of Natsumi “playing” with Takuya involving what is either a distrubingly realistic dildo or a Natsumi-futanari scenario.

quote:
Originally posted by ijuin_kun:
Crowd has updated the XchangeR/Xchange2R page with new info and images.

thanks for the notice. i'm thinking about purchasing the box set but the images are censored, and i doubt peach princess will localise the game because they're busy with XC3.

I dont think we have any plans to do any remakes at the moment…we really prefer moving on and release more different games and give more variety to our calibur, as supposed to going in circles and do remakes

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 08-28-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
I dont think we have any plans to do any remakes at the moment...we really prefer moving on and release more different games and give more variety to our calibur, as supposed to going in circles and do remakes

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 08-28-2004).]

Yea i see that...though perhaps some could be.
quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
I dont think we have any plans to do any remakes at the moment...we really prefer moving on and release more different games and give more variety to our calibur, as supposed to going in circles and do remakes

okay. this is understandable.

So it’s a Heinlein title?

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
Except maybe next April 1st . [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
X-Change XII Takuya gets cloned and you have a dozen and the orginal all trying to a normal body and
sex life.

Just think of the the extreme Narcissism that could ensue [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I see where the Peach Princess line on remakes comes from - in the main I agree with it. One thing I’m curious about, though - from the information we have (assuming you don’t have much more than we proles do) how much new work would be necessary to prep the remake? If it’s only a tiny fraction of the amount necessary for a full release, it might be worth it. Like quite a few of the members of this board, I discovered Bishoujo games as an illegal pirate, specifically a pirate copy of X-change.

Given that the first game is short (& thus easily downloadable) & basically entirely about sex, I imagine it would make up the pirate introduction for not a few of us. However, given how short it is, it’s also a game I’m reluctant to buy. A re-release might persuade some of us to fork out for a proper version, and could swell the PP catalogue with (relatively) little effort.

This is, of course, based on my assumption that there is little work involved in translating a remake. As a layman, I don;t have a full conception of the mechanics involved in producing an updated engine, for example. Still, I thought it was worth providing a vote in the ‘for’ column.

P.S. Caveat; It’s now 11:30 odd, British Summer time, & I’ve just spent the last 4 odd hours in the pub watching a ‘Commitments’ tribute band. I feel I’ve reached the stage of an evening where I know that I might be slightly rambling, or even obviously drunk, but I don’t quite have the skills to work out where it sounds like that. Until I get a chance to review this (sober), my apologies.

[This message has been edited by bunnycipher (edited 09-01-2004).]

Even if it is a remake, I think it would need the same work as an original title.

I personally can see the reasoning for possibly remaking XC1, mainly because it’s old as crap…but for XC2 which is quite recent so that’s harder to say

another issue to consider is how many we have in stock for the current XC1 and XC2, because they will render worthless once we make a remake…and personally, I have no idea how many we have left

but we will see…

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 09-01-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by bunnycipher:

I see where the Peach Princess line on remakes comes from - in the main I agree with it. One thing I'm curious about, though - from the information we have (assuming you don't have much more than we proles do) how much new work would be necessary to prep the remake? If it's only a tiny fraction of the amount necessary for a full release, it might be worth it. Like quite a few of the members of this board, I discovered Bishoujo games as an illegal pirate, specifically a pirate copy of X-change.

Given that the first game is short (& thus easily downloadable) & basically entirely about sex, I imagine it would make up the pirate introduction for not a few of us. However, given how short it is, it's also a game I'm reluctant to buy. A re-release might persuade some of us to fork out for a proper version, and could swell the PP catalogue with (relatively) little effort.

This is, of course, based on my assumption that there is little work involved in translating a remake. As a layman, I don;t have a full conception of the mechanics involved in producing an updated engine, for example. Still, I thought it was worth providing a vote in the 'for' column.

P.S. Caveat; It's now 11:30 odd, British Summer time, & I've just spent the last 4 odd hours in the pub watching a 'Commitments' tribute band. I feel I've reached the stage of an evening where I know that I might be slightly rambling, or even obviously drunk, but I don't quite have the skills to work out where it sounds like that. Until I get a chance to review this (sober), my apologies.

[This message has been edited by bunnycipher (edited 09-01-2004).]

My pirate days predate Peach Princess; I think the first game I played less-than-legitimately was 3 Sister's Story, followed by Seasons of the Sakura.

As for your question ... I'm not professionally involved with Pea Pri, but I am a programmer by trade.

it really depends on the nature and extensiveness of the remake. If they completely remake XC1 and add voice, and extend the scenario ... then there will be little in common with the old game; the script will be basically useless, the graphics are wholly new, and the game's engine will probably be different enough that it will need to be debugged all over again.

On the other hand, if the "remake" consisted of adding a few new CG's into pre-existing routes, without adding voice or even changing the plot tree ... the localization time would be much shorter.

i think there is major remake in XCR and XCR 2, because crowd adding new chara (kate) which cause new story. and for the XCR2 idon’t remember if takuya ever wear a cheongsam dress. correct me if i;m wrong.which cuter takuya -chan or kaouru -chan (yin-yang) ?

[This message has been edited by NerdZer0 (edited 09-18-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by NerdZer0:
correct me if i;m wrong.which cuter takuya -chan or kaouru -chan (yin-yang) ?

Well, IMHO Kaoru-chan is cuter than Takuya, but then again Takuya is sexier ;p.

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
Well, IMHO Kaoru-chan is cuter than Takuya, but then again Takuya is sexier ;p.

Errr, Asuka (just behind you) doesn't seem to be too happy about that comment... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

The new CGs look nice, up-to-date like Xchange 3, but then why couldn’t they make every CGs drawn nice like that -_-