Yet another "Phantom of Inferno"!

Talking about repeating old sucess… Nitroplus is re-releasing one more time “Phantom of Inferno”.

*In 2000 were released the original, 18-kin PC-version.
*in 2001/2002 were released the cheaper 18-kin PC-version.
*in 2002/2003 were released the non-adult DVDPG version, in japanese and english. (Luck us ^_^).
*in 2003/2004 were released the Playstation2 version, with renewed graphics.
*In early 2004 were released the 3-parts OVA based on PoI.

Now Nitroplus is releasing the new(?) 18-kin PC game PHANTOM OF INFERNO - INTEGRATION, with new and re-redraw graphics, characters and scenarios.

I loved PoI, but how many times they will release the same thing again and again? Give me a break, for heaven’s sake! Do something REALLY new, like a sequel for instance! (-V-)

Well in some ways it is no different then X-Change expect instead of calling it the third re-release of X-Change they added a “3” to the end of the title and also, to avoid such accusations perhaps, have started redoing the already existed X-Changes to show they are different, and not the same basic story retold three times.

Will we see this new game or the OVA?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 07-27-2004).]

I guess as long as it’s making them money they’ll keep churning them out.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
(...)Do something REALLY new, like a sequel for instance! (-V-)

What would you do for a sequel though?

Spoiler

When last we left 'Inferno' was falling apart, no matter the ending their top two agents are gone, so would you start with their careers or something else?

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
What would you do for a sequel though?

[b]Spoiler

When last we left 'Inferno' was falling apart, no matter the ending their top two agents are gone, so would you start with their careers or something else?[/b]

Well, i think if we follow the Ein or Drei Scenarios...

[Spoilers]

... Inferno was not finished yet. And besides, our two 'Phantoms' have many and many enemies... the survivors from Inferno, all the mafia gangs whose bosses they killed, Shiba (the new boss from Japanese mafia) was not dead yet, and who knows how many 'puppets' Scythe Master created? Maybe he used just a few from the many puppets he had to fight against Reiji and Elen (or Cal) who will seek reveange.
Claudia was alive too. And all we know (for her scenario) she will do anything to obtain power, even kill her old friends.
Don't forget, was Claudia who gave to Reiji his documents back. What if she checked all about him first and know all the truth about him and his family?
And anyway, we never saw Reiji and Elen try to find their families. What if the mafia groups find them FIRST?! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Spoilers

That would be an interesting way to start a sequel, have one of them find that the word has been put out that there is a contract out for their families. Yet I thought Ellen, Ein was somewhat of an orphan since her town was raided and she was put into that slave market, or am I confusing things. That old woman they found and talked too was an orphanage or slave market? Cal was left on the streets and ran from abusive parents, so I guess it would have to be Reiji whose family they could easily find and target.

They did have many many foes but they were also considered the best of the best, so how many foes would risk taking on the best of the best directly other then Scythe Master, but he created them and presumably thought to know their weaknesses.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Spoilers

That would be an interesting way to start a sequel, have one of them find that the word has been put out that there is a contract out for their families. Yet I thought Ellen, Ein was somewhat of an orphan since her town was raided and she was put into that slave market, or am I confusing things. That old woman they found and talked too was an orphanage or slave market? Cal was left on the streets and ran from abusive parents, so I guess it would have to be Reiji whose family they could easily find and target.

You are right, that means more angst to Reiji. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]

quote:

They did have many many foes but they were also considered the best of the best, so how many foes would risk taking on the best of the best directly other then Scythe Master, but he created them and presumably thought to know their weaknesses.

And what if Shiba or any other big boss from Mafia put a really really big prize for their heads? Every single criminal, gangster, mafia member or assassin willing to become the new Phantom will try his/her luck.
Don't forget, even superassassins need some rest, right? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Peter Gilis (edited 07-29-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
And what if Shiba or any other big boss from Mafia put a really really big prize for their heads? Every single criminal, gangster, mafia member or assassin willing to become the new Phantom will try his/her luck.
Don't forget, even superassassins need some rest, right? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

True, but are these people generally dumb, I mean how much money is it worth to risk their life, or how much are they willing to split so they are not talking people on alone?

It they do make a sequel there are ways they can do it, more then I originally thought possible, and perhaps a sequel would be better then continually remaking the old.

Speaking of which how did the OVA do (or how is it doing) in Japan? I heard about it once in Newtype and then nothing since a few months ago.