Yin-Yang XChange Alternative with 90+ percent CPU usage

I have a notebook that runs Windows Vista SP1 (64-bit). Whenever I start Ying-Yang XChange Alternative, the CPU (single-core) usage jumps to over 90% and remains as such. Once I quit the game, the CPU usage goes back down to expected ranges (i.e., less than 25%). All other workload measurements are fine during, before and after the game. All other applications don’t cause such a huge jump in CPU on Vista SP1 (64-bit)

Does anyone know why this game in particular spikes the CPU so high? I tried disabling audio and other gaming options plus running the game in different compatibility modes to no avail. There’s something peculiar about the game itself that consumes alot of CPU cycles. I did not see this problem occur on Windows XP Home (32-bit). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If that is the only H game you have installed then it is completely normal since when I was using a single core processor (using XP home) every H game I played ran my CPU to 100% usage but I now only have around 60% usage since I did some severe upgrading to my computer (basically new motherboard, dual core processor, memory and everything else).

okay. i would say, however, the CPU usage is typical not normal. the processing required of what is essentially an interactive slide show should not be so taxing on a modern CPU.

I disagree with demonix, that is not normal program behavior.

It sounds like a possible memory leak, but it could be any number of things.

Can I get your basic system info?

Use siw.exe to give me the basics.

Sorry but you are wrong since almost every game I’ve played regardless of what it’s minimum requirements are will use at least 50% of my processors capabilities since I’m using a dual core processor and all those games can’t take advantage of the second core (except for princess waltz which seems to bounce around from 4-50%)

The game runs just fine otherwise, though, right?

And yes, it is common enough - with visual novels. The thing is that a lot of VN engines aren’t coded very well and tend to busyloop instead of using delays. In short, they use up all the processing power they can get their hands on. Don’t worry too much about it.

If it’s causing problems with other stuff you’re running, you can use the Task Manager to lower the game’s priority and it should still run fine. It will still use up the same amount of CPU, but other applications will be able to take their share first.

That’s REALLY bad coding then, from a technical standpoint. That’s why I mainly use Opera instead of Firefox these days… too many memory leaks.