YMK Audio Issues

This is odd, the most recent game I purchased was Yume Miru Kusuri, and I’ve been playing it for a few hours over the past couple days. Well today I decided to use my speakers instead of my USB headset, and low and behold, beyond the title screen i get no sound! I get perfect sound on my headset, but not through my speakers…

All my drivers are up to date (had to update them to get rid of a buzzing problem in another game last week) and I checked all my volume controls and nothing is muted. Any ideas?

Peri,

Check and make sure Windows is now outputting the sound to your speakers.
(Which I assume is hooked up to your Sound Card Device)

-Depending on which version of Windows you are using go to Control Panel and check the Sound option. Make sure playback is being directed to your speakers and not your USB headset. (It should list 2 or 3 devices that are available for audio playback, select the one that’s hooked up to your speakers.)

Yep, it definitely is. That was one of the things that I checked first.

The music plays fine while it’s loading and playing the intro movie and on the menus. The second i actually enter the game (be it a new game, or a loaded save) the sound stops altogether and won’t come back. But only through the speakers.

Hmm that’s really odd, I’d say check the options screen to see if sound and music
is off/on, but you hear it during the menus. Some games have Speaker sound check, have you done the test on the options menu? (I don’t have YMK so I can’t check it myself.)