Yo-Jin-Bo

http://erogamescape.dyndns.org/~ap2/ero … ?game=4910
I’m vaguely curious, too, about a title so obscure it doesn’t even have one vote on erogamescape. Even BYE has votes. Even UWAGI has votes. :<

Those who managed to buy it before it disappeared seem generally approving of it, although there’s NOT exactly a whole lot to compare it against in English!

Oh, and there were a lot of complaints about a particular character only being capturable in the PS2 version. Apparently the ninja is hot.

I don’t actually have a copy… :frowning:

Nope, that’s why they’re sulking.

If you can find a copy, it’s definitely worth playing. Although there are quite a few romantic and fighting scenes, it’s primarily a comedy, and a very good one at that. The translator has done an excellent job with the humour, particularly since a lot of the 4th wall breakages the characters make are culturally specific, so a suitable Western equivalent needs to be substituted sometimes. The overall continuity between sentences is very smooth, and in general, it’s a much better localisation than say Ever 17. The music and voice acting are also very well done - there are 15 vocal tracks (each of the 6 winnable characters has two theme songs, sung by the voice actor, and there are three other generic songs), which is the most I’ve come across in any game, and the rest of the soundtrack is quite good too.

The art is probably the weakest part of the game - although some of what’s there is quite nice, the game is a bit light on event CGs and different faces for the generic characters. Also, the 6 paths in the story take quite a while to branch off from the trunk, and for the most part at least, the encounters/events in them are very similar. I guess this is unavoidable, given the basic set-up of the game, and because the writing is very character focused, it wasn’t too much of a problem for me.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure if any stores still have copies available though… :frowning:

Yo-Jin-Bo should be better known than that :(. I’m not sure exactly what score I’d give it, but compared to other translated games, I think it’s a little bit better than Snow Sakura.

An AnimePlay game… maybe this explains why Hirameki fails. Not to mean any offense but I think many other players have the same thought with me, that AnimePlay method just doesn’t work, even with good titles :frowning:

I think you’re thinking of the AnimePlay DVD format which was used for some of Hirameki’s earlier releases like Hourglass of Summer. The AnimePlay Interactive Visual Novel format of Yo-Jin-Bo is the standard click to advance text format that Ever 17 and all of the PP/G-Collections etc. releases use.

Its an interesting game.
That is IF you have no problems with playing a girl that is surrounded by men that you make moves on :stuck_out_tongue:

A save function? I doubt that an AnimePlay game has such essential function :frowning:

Yo-Jin-Bo has a save function, as well as a skip messages function etc…

Good for those who had a copy then. We are pretty much stuck up when it comes to purchasing Hirameki’s titles now. Shame :frowning:

… Oh my, i miss Hirameki…

Yep yep, my bad. I’ve been misinformed on this subject :?

Perhaps not, but AS WE JUST SAID, Yo Jin Bo is NOT an AnimePlay DVD. It’s a standard PC game.

What a shame. I think it could be quite interesting to do that. Which is why one of these days I will probably get Doushin - Same Heart.

I have the PC english game. I like it alot(being it’s the only otome game out in English, though a new game is out I want to get ‘Princess Debut’ on DS).
I do want the PS2 version of Yo-jin-bo cause of the, Yes, the Ninja guy is hot :smiley: .
I think now, it is hard to find a copy of Yo-Jin-Bo, english version.

I bet it’s harder to find the original Japanese PC version. =P