your most want english version of game based on or that has

what dating sim games based on anime or that had an anime made of it do you want to get an english release

my top pics for based on anime is my hime
for that has spawned an anime is devil angel

Mai HiME is probably the only even remotely decent VN that fits the first question asked >_> There’s a very small number of other examples but the only ones I can think of were anime series’ based on manga or light novels, so they don’t really count (eg. Kino no Tabi was a light novel, Aria was a manga etc.)*

For the second, my favourite title with an anime adaptation (that I know of- I don’t pay much attention to anime and I watch practically none) is likely steins;gate so I’ll just give that. At the moment this would only change if there are anime adaptations I haven’t heard of based on Subarashiki Hibi, G-Senjou no Maou, Sharin no Kuni, Cross Channel, Saihate no Ima or Moshimo Ashita ga Hare Naraba.

EDIT: *there’s also Galaxy Angel I guess…

Alright here’s my list (a couple of these probably aren’t dating sims, but they are still VNs):

1. Mai Hime
  2. Code Geass: Lost Colors
  3. NGE: Shinj Ikari Raising Project, Ayanami Raising Project, and the upgraded Girlfriend of Steel (wouldn’t mind the second one either)
  4. Fortune Arterial
  5. Majikoi
  6. KIminozo
  7. Baccano DS
  8. The rest of the Sakura Wars games
  9. The Higurashi DS games
  10. The Tokimeki Memorial games

And yes I know 4 and 5 have fanlations in the works, but an official release would be nice. The rest, well this is just a wish list, might as well wish for the impossible

For those that haven’t been keeping track of which visual novels have anime adaptations, this list might help jog your memory. It’s not 100% up-to-date, but it’s fairly comprehensive. This thread includes most of the titles that aren’t included in Moogy’s list.

I’m fairly sleep deprived at the moment, so I’ll come back and answer in earnest once my brain decides to wake up.

By the way, aren’t Devil Angel, Kino’s Journey, Aria, and Steins;Gate already licensed? I could swear I’ve seen English DVDs of all of them.

I personally think Nadesico: Blank of three years was pretty good (and it could probably be considered a galgame). Another would be RahXephon that wasn’t anywhere good but was at least decent (it’s just way too annoying to run around and talk to people to be “good” IMO).

• KimiNozo
  • Lamune
  • Nanatsuiro Drops
  • Fortune Arterial
  • KimiAru
  • KonnYaku

please explain what the last 2 are

The first is a somewhat ordinary game by Minatosoft and the Tsuyokiss/Majikoi writer.
The second is an excellent GIGA game by famed writer Maruto.

EDIT: Oops, got the 2nd mixed up.

no i don’t know what KonnYaku is

Lancer-X, michelous wanted the actual titles of the games, not their portmanteaus.

“Kimiaru” is Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de ~They Are My Noble Masters~.
“Konnyaku” is Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo ~Our Promise Under This Clear Blue Sky~.
“Kiminozo”, as you likely already know, is Kimi ga Nozomu Eien ~The Eternity You’ve Longed For~ (released in the US as Rumbling Hearts).

Okay, disregard my earlier question. You’re only talking about the visual novels the anime either inspired or were adapted from. My answer, unfortunately, is “too many to count”.

1. Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de
  2. Princess Lover

i know ones i picked doesn’t have alot of substance behind it like …Kara no Shoujo, Demonbane etc. but i wish to see something new for a change, something thats straight-forward.

By the way, there’s also anime made into Hentai ( like Princess Lover OVA), just throwing this out for people that post after can consider anime from Hentai made from the games.

Wrong

I stand corrected. I wasn’t aware that they were using that URL as the official website.

And thank you for not linking to a certain video featuring Dr. Perry Cox from Scrubs.

I just noticed I gave the ‘Wrong’ reply to the same person in two posts on the same day. In hindsight it makes me look rather mean =P

I hadn’t noticed until I responded to you in the other topic. Yeah, you could have worded your rebuttal better, but I didn’t take offense since I’d made honest mistakes both times (though, to be fair, Akabee Soft 2 is also to blame for one of them). Now, had you called me a stupid dipshit or begun hurling expletives, then you’d be being mean. 8)

Trust me when I say I have a very, very long fuse. It takes a lot to make me angry or upset. Odds are pretty high that, if you read any hostility in my posts, you’re probably just imagining it. Even if I said to “fuck right off”, I’m using it in the same exaggerated manner as Yahtzee Croshaw. Of course, I’m not that foul-mouthed, but I’m not above messing with people who take themselves way too seriously.

I have no idea if the game is any good, but my all time favorite anime is Revolutonary Girl Utena, and I know there’s a game based on the series, where you play a new character and interact with the other characters in a new story that fits into RGU canon, complete with duels squee
I’d love practicaly any BL/Yaoi or otome themed game, Gakuen Heaven, Host Club, etc.

Visual novels and dating sims are completely different…
[size=50]Please stop calling them Dating sims Jast.[/size]

Unless they actually are dating sims, which they sometimes are.

Dating sims have mostly gone out of fashion though, thank GOD