Yume Miru Kusuri forgets

I’ve just started playing this game (I’ve bought it several years ago, LOL) and I find it very strange that no one on these forums seemed to mention my problem. This game doesn’t remember events, CGs and read text. I started it today and I found this. Any help or something?

Operating system?

Actually, just tell us if you’re using Vista / 7 and you installed the game in Program Files.

If you did that, there’s a few ways to fix it, but I think the simplest is to uninstall the game and install it again, not under program files. Put it in c:\eroge\ruf\Yumemiru Kusuri\ or something.
If it’s something else, I have no idea.

Long story short Vista/7 made that directory (Program Files) root-only and hence anything attempting to store user data in its own program directory will hiccup if installed there. Vista/7 actually has some degree of backwards compatibility allowing programs to think they’re storing stuff there (it’s called VirtualStore) but thanks to a thing called leaky abstractions it doesn’t work most of the time anyway.

Hmm, it cannot be that, I’m using Win7 64 but I installed it to a custom path f:\VISUAL NOVELS\INSTALLED\Yume Miru Kusuri\
It’s not that the game doesn’t remember, it remembers until I close it. When I start it again, CGs are gone, events are gone and cleared text is not remembered.
Thanks anyway, I guess I will try to reinstall the game to a different path…

How about saved games? Do you keep those?

It seems the problem was solved by reinstalling. I wasn’t far into the story, so I began again, just skipped the read part. So far it’s been working correctly now.