Yuritopia a Yuri VN is coming to Steam completely uncensored

Thought I should share this here with everyone. To my knowledge this is the 1st Visual Novel that will be allowed to come to Steam completely uncensored. Which could mean that Steam will change its policies about 18+ games and allow a Golden Age of Uncensored Visual Novels to come onto Steam.

What are everyone’s thoughts on this? Could this be the start of a new Golden Age of Visual Novels? Allowing games that JAST and MangaGamer have released previously on Steam to officially release the 18+ versions as well? What could be the implications of this?

Name of game is actually Kindred Spirits. My mistake when making the title of this discussion.

I wrote a post on this:

MangaGamer's "lesbian sex game" Kindred Spirits goes viral

As the title implies, I think the implications of the announcement were overhyped--though I can't say for sure without seeing just how explicit the descriptions in the H-scenes are.

Well, somewhere on their twitter, or one of their employees’ twitters, or something, it was said that only 5% of the game’s text is h-scenes. That’s not a lot. Combined with the softer-core nature of the pictures, I can see why this would be an R-rated h-game, and not an NC-17 one.

The hype will probably not be enough to force Valve to reverse course, so the controversy can’t be anything but good for us. If for no other reason than at least some of the outfits that ran articles talking about the upcoming release might review the game proper; most of them would never have gone near it otherwise.

This was a squandered opportunity for sales. MangaGamer should have put pre-orders up before the press release, or shortly after they realized the media was going ape over it.