2013 Licensing Wishlists

Things I hope get licensed for U.S. release in 2013:

Comic Party- the original hentai version

Discipline Excellent- unlikely, given that Kitty Media’s parent company is apparently down to five staffers. Still, it would be nice to know what the heck is being said during the new “making love” h-scenes with Linda and the rest of the gang.

They Are My Noble Masters- the h-version. I’m a big fan of submissive player characters in h-games and the Shinra route is has Ren become pretty borderline on this, enjoying the “attacks” by Shinra but still being somewhat dubious about it all.

shoin: arui wa ushinawareta yume no monogatari
2nd love
for elise
???
utsukushii ashi
shiromiko
wrist cut
True Tears
sakura no uta
rapelay

Some of these titles are rather short so I’m sure JAST will be able to license and translate them quickly, allowing for early to mid 2012 releases. Others like ‘sakura no uta’ may take more time.

Anything from Atelier Kaguya
Kyonyuu Fantasy and its fandisk
Kansen
Anything from Pulltop
Bullet Butlers
Ayakashibito
Anything from August

ahem I actually double checked when this thread was made. [size=50]You seem to always mention Shoin in these threads though…[/size]

Obscure game only Lancer-X has read would be most of my list, tbh…

White Album 1
Tsui no Sora
Moekan
Tousui Kitan
Shizuku
Clear
Ashita Deatta Shoujo
Doko e Iku no, Ano Hi
Marginal Skip!
Nijuuei
Bittersweet Fools
11eyes
Dragon Knight 4
Xenon
Mystereet
Sense Off
Dies Irae
Toushin Toushi
Tennai
Yamibou

;_;

what about White Album 2? didn’t you like White Album 2? i mean, since you specifically called white album ‘white album 1’…

Anyway I agree with all of those except ‘Clear’. I think you could throw Clear in a fire and there would be no net loss to the world. I’ll admit to there being some (okay, a great deal) of bias against this title on my part- same with Seinarukana, but Seinarukana is waaaay better than Clear.

I hear Liar-soft makes good stuff. I second pretty much most other recommendations here, at least the ones that I recognize. I have to say, though, Comic Party is probably just too old to be viable.

More interested in White Album 1 since it came first. The art in the sequel is also really disgusting. But the series in general would be ideal.

Clear is special since I’ve had it for years and all it’s done is collect dusk. The music in art is also really good and stuff…

I’d also liked to read

Nekonade
Tsukisome no Kasa
Sona-nyl
Giniro
Lamune
Kizuato

Yeah, serious drama stuff would be great.

Edit: No problems with Marginal Skip, eh?

White Album 2 CC has decent art, it’s just IC (and more the original version of IC- you can patch it to fix some of the worst problems) that has bad art.
Given that WA2 is roughly 15% IC and 85% CC, this isn’t much of a problem.

Also, White Album 2’s story is sooo much better than White Album’s, it more than makes up for the difference in art quality. Less annoying to play too.

Actually didn’t notice it. And no, I don’t have a problem with Marginal Skip although that’s largely because I haven’t played it and never will play it. Clear was different because early signs hinted that it was still Kure at his Suika/AshitaDeatta/DokoIku level- you actually have to finish Clear to realise how shallow it is. This is sort of like how I enjoyed DRACU-RIOT! until I finished it and now I don’t like it all that much at all.

Can you elaborate? Spoilers are fine. It’s just really hard to believe since everything looks so good.

Basically, for a game like this that doesn’t have strong comedy, characters, interpersonal relationship narrative etc. the only real opportunity for the game to be good is in a bit of contrived magical drama at the end of each route and even that is unconvincing.

I would be hard pressed to say exactly what the biggest problem is with Clear but I think it’s that it failed to make me take it seriously. It’s the sort of eroge you keep at because it sort of grasps at - but doesn’t quite reach - something that has the potential to be interesting; but by the time you’ve Cleared Clear nothing has changed your mind in the meantime.

I feel that an otherwise ordinary eroge can be saved with a ‘true route’ if it manages to bring everything together in an exceptional way. One of those would have helped Clear. Instead it’s a bunch of disparate stories, none of which are very good.

Anyway, I sometimes discuss eroges with Ignosco while I’m playing them so here’s an excerpt from an old log about Clear I found. I hadn’t finished the game at this point but you might find it interesting:
Linked here so it doesn’t expand the size of my post drastically. (by the way, the ‘epic rejection scene’ really was fun. I still don’t suggest the game, or even just that route of it though. I meant it when I said that the writing is decent- not really all that much else is, though)

It’s a mark of how uninteresting Clear is that I can’t actually remember the story especially well. I remember the disappointment, though! None of the routes turned out to be good.

Seconding Shoin!
Wasuremono to Otoshimono
Jisatsu no Tame no 101 no Houhou
Makki, Shoujobyou (if it ever comes out)
Sayonara o Oshiete
Pandora no Yume
Princess Witches
Twinkle Crusaders
Akatoki
Kusarihime
ToHeart (since Shizuku and Kizuato were already mentioned)

double post

triple post

I know Lancer-X has already mentioned Mamamamama2, but mothers are fairly generic now. Instead, I think Chichi Miko would be a better pick, as there’s also the option of choosing your T-cup grandmother.

wishlists? I have wishes but I know they won’t come true…

PersonA ~Opera Za no Kaijin~
Koezaru wa Akai Hana
Oto?Puri ~Koiseyo! Otome Oujisama? Dokidoki Wedding Bell~ [size=50](because I’ve only been wanting this forever, yes, I know we’re getting OtoBoku but come on, compare the character designs, this is so much prettier to look at… the only people I’ve seen mentioning they’ve played it say it sucks though, SO SAD)[/size]
more Innocent Grey or anything else with plot
Dangan Ronpa and its sequel (told you my wishes can’t come true)

I’ll list developers with example games in parentheses. I’m going to focus mostly on gameplay VNs since that is where my interests lie, and I actually play them in Japanese so I can vouch for their quality.

Eushully (Ikusa Megami Zero): The fan-translated title Alchemy Meister was a cult hit. Several of their titles are top-ranked in the RPG category on VNDB.
Softhouse Chara (Wizard’s Climber): The involved SLGs this developer makes would bring something entirely new to the market that would appeal greatly to Western fans.
Ninetail/Dualtail (Venus Blood Abyss): Ninetail is one of those small developers no one’s ever heard of that produces a solid lineup of RPGs. Their Venus Blood series in particular would appeal to fans of heroine insult; a genre which has proven potential given the success of Lightning Warrior Raidy (which isn’t even all that good…). Those who enjoyed Princess Waltz might be attracted to some of their (relatively) lighter games like Amatsu Kaze (which features a similar but slightly more complex card battling system).

Developers with existing licenses
Eternal (Toki no Corona): Definitely want to see more games from Eternal.
Overflow (Shiny Days): School Days really impressed me with its interactivity and novel full animation. Want more.
Nitro+: I don’t think Nitro+ is even capable of making a bad game.

I’ve had that happen a few times. Prometheus I really liked at the time, but the more I thought about it, the more problematic I realized it was.

No, this has nothing to do with the topic. Nobody’s posted to the board in more than a week, somebody has to do something. I’ll start making cracks about vi and emacs if nobody takes the bait, I swear I’ll do it.

The reason nobody posted to the board in more than a week is because it was down for maintenance for more than a week, not because we all suddenly got bored of eroge and went off to live productive lives. Well, I guess Nargrakhan did that.

For me the best crack about emacs will always be the Plan 9 manpage for it.

Oh, I know. But nobody had posted anything since the board went back up, and it had been kinda slow anyway.

You know what I wish would get licensed in 2013? Ever 17. I’ve been playing a lot of Virtue’s Last Reward, and I have to say - It’s the first “dual audio” game I’ve ever played where I switched it to English and never looked back. I’d love to see Aksys localize Ever 17. Either way, dub, sub, they did a real bang-up job on 999 and VLR.

Wasn’t Ever17 localised by some other company ages back, or am I thinking of a different Infinity series title? Anyway screw Ever17, I’d rather see them localise DUNAMIS15. and bring it to PC >_>