2013 Licensing Wishlists

It’s not, but it’s not particularly long either. Probably about 15 hours.

Anyway if it’s length you’re after, allow me to rehash my recommendation of Tokihako, which is 50-60 hours, or possibly even longer if you get stuck (and you will get stuck)

No, and I’d still happily play it, but trying to think in terms of what would be good for jlist’s business I’m not sure how well it would sell. Does it really stack up against what people expect nowadays? I don’t know.

That was my worry with Tsuki to Mori to Anata to Watashi lengthwise also, wanting to be sure the purchasers would be happy. I don’t really want super-long games myself. If the game doesn’t suck, it seems like a possibility for a budget release, just not in the super-high-end sub-brand.

That’s why I think the Hanabira games would be a good way to go. At $10-$15 they won’t seem like a ripoff and there are ten of the things (not counting Hanahira, which is kind of crappy, and the latest full priced work). If someone enjoys one they’ll almost definitely get more of them. They’re shallow but pretty fun and there isn’t much competition.

What about Limit Panic!? Seemed interesting, from what little I saw.

Awesome news! ;w; Thank you for responding!

I’m hoping for more diverse products. More gameplay, varied pairings, different kinds of stories… And while I don’t mind computer games, it would be nice to see a VN or two for mobile devices or consoles. This is probably a lot to ask…

Looking at what’s said about some recent Alcot VNs on the VNDB… the description of Naka no Hito nado Inai! Tokyo Hero Project sounds similar to a good action series. And the summary of Kicking Horse Rhapsody mentions jealousy, which is a good topic for a BxGs game.

The jealously element is mostly crammed into one route of Kicking Horse, but don’t get the wrong impression; as a love drama by the writer of Koibito Doushide Surukoto Zenbu it’s pretty much one of the most sickeningly sweet things ever written (only surpassed by Koibito Doushide =P) It’s a hell of a read, but not if you’re after a serious relationship drama. If you want that, White Album 2 is probably the best.

In the meantime he can read ef.

Came across another game with a trap protagonist, go ahead and try for this too please:

http://vndb.org/v3671

I’ve been playing Oto?Puri, I think it’s an enjoyable, cute game. Definitely not terrible or anything!

I’d love it for anything by Littlewitch and Littlewitch Velvet to be brought over. For otome-ge, I’d want something actually good, like Trick or Alice (which has a yuri route) or Black Wolves’ Saga: Bloody Nightmare.

Black Wolves Saga isn’t 18+ though, is it?

I know all the serious fans are gushing about that title lately, but it seems awfully creepy to me. :slight_smile: Still, not like I have much to pick from in translated otome, I’d still try it. Just not quite my taste.

Nope, it’s 15+.

I think the creepiness is part of the appeal! I know I’d much prefer that over PersonA, at any rate. Some would probably be turned off by the dark story, but others would probably prefer a whole selection of yandere catboys and wolfboys rather than just one phantom.

There’s more romanceable characters than just the phantom in there! I think you actually have to romance the others first in order to unlock the phantom’s path, but I’m not sure. From what I can tell there’s at least four other guys, and a wide variety of outcomes, including many bad ends, some threeway ends, and (argh, the spoiler is refusing to be marked a spoiler, never mind then)

Everything I know about it is from reading someone’s Let’s Play, which she dropped partway through to help people work on a fan translation patch, last I heard.

http://moe-gameaward.com/2012/index.html

I’m not particularly interested in the Moe winners of 2012, but I suppose any game of this list could be good for an english edition from Jast Usa :wink: .

Hatsuyuki Sakura is the best eroge of 2012. Any list without it is conceptually flawed. =P

EDIT: Actually, Hatsuyuki Sakura didn’t come with one of those little survey sheet things so maybe that’s why it’s not on the list?

Looks like one of the games on the list is from Pulltop. This game:

http://vndb.org/v9093

Should we start pestering JAST for the license to this or Haruka ni Aogi?

http://vndb.org/v604

If you believe erogamescape ratings Haruka ni Aogi is still better, although they’re somewhat close. Oozora is a much more modern title, of course, with much higher production values etc.

As I have not yet played it (it’s in my backlog) I can’t actually say which is the better game. Haruka ni Aogi sets a rather high bar, though.

How about some games from Ensemble? All of them sound pretty good:

http://vndb.org/p628

My list consists (mostly) of continuation of games I’ve played, so here they are:

-Shin Koihime Musou
-Kara no Shoujo sequel
-Fate Hollow Ataraxia
-Kagetsu Tohya

If it turns out that Tenkuu no Yumina is decent, I may put Toki no Corona into my list (well probably for 2014/2015 release).

And I’m still rooting for Nitroplus’ Phantom of Inferno for PC in English, even that the chance is really slim (next to none?) there.

–edit–
I forgot to add 11Eyes to the list. I watched the anime and it was quite good.

I will second pretty much every game on that list. I’d add more Nitroplus games, but honestly it’s going to take awhile for the ones they’ve already licensed to wrap up. I’ll also request some more games from Pulltop.

Also, Prism Ark. It’s an RPG, I think?