21:52 (Nandemonai) shutthehellupLamuness

i think i will start this topic and add some stuff periodically.

if you have read our peapri end-of-year update, the last paragraph actually carries some sort of meaning (in that we are implying something). that being said, (hopefully) we will have some great news for you guys soon. as much as i would like to spill the beans now, our good’ol Nandemonai told me to “shutthehellup” the other day on IRC when i talked about this so i guess i should keep my mouth shut.

i will leak stuff out bit by bit as time goes on.

(and to nandemonai, i reserve the final right to edit/delete your posts/threads as i see necessary, so i suggest you not make any counter/insult posts; that’s for telling me to “shutthehellup”, and dont forget that you will dance/snork/fart like a pig like you promised)

Well, if this was a GC announcement, then I’d assume this “great news” was the adoption of Virtual-Mate. Since it’s not, I suspect the “great news” is the license of a highly anticipated game. Maybe the highly anticipated game?

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 01-09-2005).]

no, we are actually going to implement something called P-mate :stuck_out_tongue:

ADD:
this news isn’t really about some highly anticipated game at all (to me at least), so keep guessing

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 01-09-2005).]

So what’s the P for? “Physical”, as opposed to G-Collections “Virtual”. Or maybe “Persocom”.

I kinda like the idea of my very own Chii hanging around in my room, waiting to personally verify my copy of games before I play them. Not that I’ll play them much with her always being around… Mmmmmm…

wakes up Eh? Ah crap, it’s too good to be true, isn’t it?

Maybe it’s “Punishment” mate instead. The game box gives you an electric shock whenever you open it to take out the CD, in order to discourage you from pirating their products… Wait, that sounds a bit counter-productive…

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone reads this thread, misunderstands completely, and spreads all over the web’s many public forums that Peach-Princess is starting with the infamous “P-Mate” copy protection system on their games…

Not a highly anticipated game? Damn, I’m stumped. What else could elicit that sort of response from Nandemonai…

Hmm…maybe PP has made contact with another company besides Crowd and Will, expanding the licensing options available? Perhaps a company like Elf or Age that no one ever expected to agree to license their games?

@AG3: I didn’t know you had more than a passing interest in Chobits. Mmm…Chii-mate…

What else could elicit that sort of response from Nandemonai…
actually nandemonai doenst know precisely what the news is about; i think he is just trying to be a dick that’s all (since im not spilling the beans for him)

>Perhaps a company like Elf
this is a personal thing, but elf isn’t the type of company i would want to work with, but that’s just my personal opinion.

>Mmm…Chii-mate…
upon “careful consideration”, we have decided to rename P-mate to Chii-mate

anyways, i will try not to sway away into the off-topic realm too much. i guess i will start with this:

it’s sth i have been bugging peapri to do for the past 2 years, and now i am starting to see it starting to become a reality. there’s a still some stuff that needs to be worked out (and it will take some time) so i cant say anything yet until i get complete confirmation on this evil plan so i will have to ask you guys to be a bit patient; it wont be too long before i start leaking bits of info from time to time.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
>What else could elicit that sort of response from Nandemonai...
actually nandemonai doenst know precisely what the news is about; i think he is just trying to be a dick that's all (since im not spilling the beans for him)

I'm starting to think that the Mod needs to be moderated. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] Come on, let's be civil here...

quote:
>Perhaps a company like Elf
this is a personal thing, but elf isn't the type of company i would want to work with, but that's just my personal opinion.

Hmm? I don't know much about them, but they seem to produce some nice fantasy-based b-games.

quote:
>Mmm...Chii-mate...
upon "careful consideration", we have decided to rename P-mate to Chii-mate

Yata! Err...wait a minute...

quote:
it's sth i have been bugging peapri to do for the past 2 years, and now i am starting to see it starting to become a reality. there's a still some stuff that needs to be worked out (and it will take some time) so i cant say anything yet until i get complete confirmation on this evil plan so i will have to ask you guys to be a bit patient; it wont be too long before i start leaking bits of info from time to time.

Hmm...I'm beginning to wonder if the P-mate comment wasn't that far off-the-mark. Sounds like some sort of administrative/distribution decision, perhaps. Maybe PP's going to offer downloadable games (including some sort of Vmate-like protection)? In such a case, I'd expect that they'd continue to offer their usual line-up of "boxed games"...without the Vmate-like protection.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 01-10-2005).]

Or it might be something REALLY impressive…

Hmm, maybe hiring voice actors to “Dub” their next game…

…or to come out with a original product.

Sorry, just brainstorming here.

Oh, good. I love guessing games! When I read the OP, I thought it might be a hint that Nande was joining the PP staff. But it seems to have broader implications. Let’s see… How about PP will create an original b-game and invite members to contribute stories for individual characters? They will be combined by a skillful editor, illustrated by a hired artist and presented as the first fan-generated English doushinji - or is there another word for a circle of game writers? [fun speculation ]

I’ll have Dragon Knight 3 from Elf, please.

…I hate guessing games. There’s no info to speculate from.

quote:
Originally posted by Trachmyr:
Hmm, maybe hiring voice actors to "Dub" their next game...

yup, all the female hscene voices will be dubbed by yours truly. hope you guys have a good time with my fake orgasm :P

dragon knight 3? go play knights of xentar

quote:
yup, all the female hscene voices will be dubbed by yours truly. hope you guys have a good time with my fake orgasm :P

Oh god...I think 5 years of my life were just siphoned from my body. I want them back dammit!

quote:

I can't possibly explain adequately in English just how wrong that would be... God, the horror...

Well, If that ever happens, I'm sure I can band together with the regulars here and a team of elite vampire ninja lemons, and hunt you down before killing you in the most painful ways you can't imagine [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Chii-mate, on the other hand... I like the prospects of that one [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Next guess for the ultra-secret himitsu: Buy 5 games, get one free life-sized anime girl hugging pillow! I want one looking either like Chii or like Sakuya from Studio e-go's Izumo 2 game! And free shipping of the pillow for Europe, dammit! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
Oh god...I think 5 years of my life were just siphoned from my body. I want them back dammit!

Only 5? Lucky bastard, I got gray hair and 6 great-grandchildren after reading it myself.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 01-10-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by AG3:
I can't possibly explain adequately in English just how wrong that would be... God, the horror...
Well, we haven't actually heard Lamuness' voice before, have we? [rushes to check the VA credits for LMM [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]]

quote:
Next guess for the ultra-secret himitsu: Buy 5 games, get one free life-sized anime girl hugging pillow!
With J-list's 20% discount on orders of four or more games, you might save enough to afford the omake of your choice. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
dragon knight 3? go play knights of xentar

Argh, I made a typo. Correction follows below.

I'll have Dragon Knight 4 from Elf, please. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, let me have a turn at this(thinks for several moments). I know! I know! Water Closet 2 the sequel, complete with real life toilet flushes!

P-mate does exist! I even have a snapshot from the manual to prove it! (not for the unprepared ): http://s05.imagehost.org/view.php?image=/0326/book-08.jpg

I didn’t know Lamuness was a lolicon. We learn something new every day.

actually, the first thing i would think of when it comes to the term P-mate is a bishoujo magazine in japan…

This is the first thing that comes to mind for me when I hear “P-mate”…

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
P-mate does exist! I even have a snapshot from the manual to prove it! (not for the unprepared ): http://s05.imagehost.org/view.php?image=/0326/book-08.jpg

I didn’t know Lamuness was a lolicon. We learn something new every day.

I am shocked by the loli-ness… can’t deny that it’s a nice pic, though…

You bas****…can’t you see I’m eating?!

So we’ve determined that the impending “great news” is either a bishoujo magazine, a plastic urinal, or our own personal loli. I think I’ve made my choice.

(BTW, I found the image while reading the lolicon topic on animesuki. So it’s not too surprising that it’s loli. Of course, noting the relevance to this topic, I had to post it. )