A question about paysites - illegal activities

Hi… i found out a free pass for a paysite and checked out, but… guys it’s full of cr@p!!! And, even worse, there are games - not from PP, nor from G-Coll, but still active ones - that are still licensed, FOR FREE DOWNLOAD!!!

And they made a lot of moneys selling this WITHOUT PAYING A SINGLE EUROCENT, YEN, US DOLLARS IN COPYRIGHTS!!!

And NOBODY CAN DO A THING!!!

I tried flooding their bandwidth - not in illegal ways, anyway - without any valuable result.

Hints? Suggestions? Opinions on these filty pirates’ activities?

But even better, why companies beat the cr@p out of them? They bothers fansites, instead!

MY apologies for any bad word, but believe me i truly limited myself.

I have come across such one as well. It had True Love, Do You Like Horny Bunnies, and other bishoujo games…

Needless to say, I reported it to Peter.

So if i mail to the software house - C’S ware, in this case - they’ll made them remove?

Thanks for the hint, i’ll try.

In the meantime, i spreaded the voice to all of my italian friends in order to flooad their bandwidth - eh eh, don’t worry you all i told them to do not download games…

In connection to this - what is the position regarding sites offering CG downloads? Not so much the legality, rather whether any action is taken to discourage such sites. They must be far more common than game download sites.

GO Italicus GO !!!
Give them hell.

p(^^)q
ganbare

Question… C’S Ware US site is down. Where and when it’s possible to reach them?

They don’t exist anymore. They went under, because people weren’t buying their products. It’s up for debate why nobody bought their products, but piracy was undoubtedly a factor.

C’s ware … I think Jast USA owns the rights to rereleases of their catalog now. I dunno.

Domo arigato, Nandemonai-sama!!!

I’ll try ask them, then.

Where is this website being hosted at? If it is by a webhost located in America (or a country where the Berne convention is in place), then you should alert the copyright holders so that they can take legal action against these people.

I’d do a traceroute on the domain and find out for myself, but you didn’t list what the website was (I assume to prevent the perpetuated use of this site). o_O Copyright infringment such as this is one of my big pet peeves, because all it does is hurt the industry for this genre by hitting the legitimate destributors/translators in the pocket book. =\

Frankly, i dunno… i tried to download something to test when and from does it came, and it seemed to be hosted on a mirror site… O_o pretty puzzling, huh?

A common misconception with some of these “businesses” that conduct copyright infringement along these lines, is to host their material on a webhost in a foreign country (IE China) where copyright laws aren’t strictly enforced. However, if they are in the US themselves (or a similar country) and are soliciting access to this illegal material, they are still committing copyright infringement and can still be held accountable for it.

If they are hosting this content on a mirror, this could be the reason. The good news however is that that means their main website may not be on a mirror but on a webhost native to their region… which, if they a re located in the United States, can be subpoenad for their information (so that legal action can be taken against them) and have their website/business shut down.

Depending on how they are conducting this business (how do they accept the money? PayPal?) you may be able to have the business’ assets frozen as well.

I’ve mailed to a friend in enginery department at Rome.

He will take care of the matter soon - evilgrin - don’t worry… He’ll be able to track these guys…

In the meanwhile, i’ve mailed to JastUsa. I’m waiting for a reply from them.

[This message has been edited by Italicus (edited 09-27-2004).]

Go get’em Italicus

Nothing will come out of it Himeya could care less about the US Market at this point.

Man is this legal? Link removed.
oh and just to let ppl know its animereactor(I know thats just as bad as giving the URL but its so that the companies at least know which site is doing it.)

I mean look at this guy. He’s posted links to almost every Bishoujo game in the industry. Man the companies gotta do something to stop this before it gets really out of hand and there will be no more games for anyone. I mean these guys are even talking about how to get around Copyright Protection. Peter you should do something!!!

[This message has been edited by tiger_of_the_wind2040 (edited 09-28-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by tiger_of_the_wind2040:
Man is this legal? [link removed].

No, and posting a link to a pirate site is also a bad idea.

Well someone should do something about it like G-Collections, because it says on the rules that
- The game will be removed if there is a complain from a rights owner
- NO releases of US licensed games, especially NO games created in the US, UK, GER, AU, etc.

so i think the ppl are clearly in violation of that rule and they’d have to take it down if the copyright owner complains.

Just email Peter. He doesn’t always visit the BBS.

Well he visits the boards just not regularly Yeah but email probably is the best way to get a hold of him quick.

Mission accomplished!!!

That website removed all of their C’s Ware games from the download board.

Floading 'hem with download accellerator plus was useful…