ADV Gets Rights to Gatchaman

Unedited, uncut need I say more?

Yes; I don’t know what this is.

Is ADV also releasing the anime Case Closed or Detective Conan? That is not anything like this one is it?

I believe funimation is release detective conan…errr Case closed Isn’t gatchaman the old battle of the planet’s, err G-Force? I could be wrong since I’m not quite up to date with older anime as I am with uptodate anime

I dont know how extensive gatchaman is, but I know some of it has been released way back in the day on vhs. I think it was U,S, Manga. Are they belly up?

Offical USA Case Closed Link:

http://www.funimation.com/case_closed.htm

?_? Why does USA can’t change Detective Conan to Case Closed?

Conan the Barbarian?
Conan O’ Brien?

Ninja Science Team Gatchaman was originally released as three different titles in the US.

Battle of the Planets, G-Force, and Eagle Riders. Most people here have probably seen at least one of the english versions. This will definitely be on my “To Get” list just to see how different it is from the English Rewrites.

Here’s the link to the press release:
http://www.advfilms.com/Press/2004May17ADVFilmsMakesAcquisitionAnnounc.asp

unless i am totally insane, i am pretty sure gatchaman is not bishoujo…so i am moving this to the off-topic forum coz it doesnt belong here

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
unless i am totally insane, i am pretty sure gatchaman is not bishoujo....so i am moving this to the off-topic forum coz it doesnt belong here

No Problem My Bad!

quote:
Originally posted by RonXE:
Offical USA Case Closed Link:

http://www.funimation.com/case_closed.htm

?_? Why does USA can't change Detective Conan to Case Closed?

Conan the Barbarian?
Conan O' Brien?

Conan is trademarked by the company that does Conan the Barbarian. They pretty much forced funi to change names or be sued.

Is Case Closed as good as some of the reviews seem to say? That is one that might be worth saving for?

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Is Case Closed as good as some of the reviews seem to say? That is one that might be worth saving for?

Quoth my (broke college) friend: "It's a very watchable show. If it were on TV, I'd watch it, no problem. Buying the DVD's? Now that's entirely different..."

Well… Conan O’Brien… or Conan the Barbarian…

Whatever…

Oh… I missed Case Closed first episode on Cartoon Network. I did watch second to forth episodes. The Case Closed dubbed is good. I think it may be unedit scenes. But their names are changing.

Well have to see if CN will edit it or not. It’s suppose to get bloodier later on.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Quoth my (broke college) friend: "It's a very watchable show. If it were on TV, I'd watch it, no problem. Buying the DVD's? Now that's entirely different..."

I can see that since these are sort of mini-mysteries. I know this can be said about any series, but at least I find with mysteries after learning who did it, there is great temptation when re-watching it to point to a character on the screen and shout "They did it! They did it!" before the crime is even committed. So I can see perhaps with mysteries more then other series the re-watchability not being as high.

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Well have to see if CN will edit it or not. It's suppose to get bloodier later on.

I know they edited blood out of series like Tenchi Muyo in places that might have been strange to edit it out of, but what about ones like Cowboy Bebop which has blood in the series, how much of that have they edited out?

Would that be a good gauge for Case Closed or would a show like Tenchi Muyo be a better marker to use since perhaps Cowboy Bebop by the nature of the show might be the expection to the rule?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 06-02-2004).]

Well from what I’ve heard about the series, there’s some grizly murders in some of the episodes. So it would be more than tenchi probably at least as bloody as CB. I remember when fox was going to air this and people were screaming that there wouldn’t be anything for fox to show after they edited it

Fox was going to air Case Closed? I did not know that, it strikes me as not the typical Fox fair, given what they usually show minus the Simpsons.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Fox was going to air Case Closed? I did not know that, it strikes me as not the typical Fox fair, given what they usually show minus the Simpsons.

No.

Cartoon Network channel is going to air Case Closed.