Amorous Professor Cherry: The Thread

Wow, a game without bad endings. I may pick this up after all.

Not entirely bad. But you still make people unhappy in the process. (you never end up truly alone… but… The feeling just is not there.)

This is probably a bit off topic, but OrcAttack, what a great picture of Major Kusanagi (my hero! The woman I’ve fashioned my whole adult life after). Where’d you find it?

Google. Where else?

I finally managed to get my copy delivered to me on Friday and I got probably three or four endings within the first day or so. I wasn’t able to see where some of the decision paths were, so I spoiled myself and used the walkthrough to guide me through the last three endings that I couldn’t get (mostly the harem ending and Kiyoka’s “special” ending).

I don’t know if anybody is still sitting on the fence whether to get the game or not, so I can write a short review on it.

For those that don’t know, ZYX makes games of only one kind: Heavy sex and light story. Personally, that’s not a problem for me, although it seems that most of PeaPri fans seem to demand story-driven romance.

Contrary to what many bishoujo games tend to feature, the game is centered around only one heroine, Chieri. There’s two other girls, but they are more or less supporting characters as almost all of the game is around you and your social studies teacher. The basic premise is that you eventually turn Chieri Hase from a shy, naive virgin into a perverted sex addict. There’s plenty of sex, and the game isn’t afraid to get into several (occasionally kinky) fetishes. The game was probably attempting to find something for everyone. In the end, some of it is well done, while other parts are more “okay, that’s weird”. I have an open mind, but it’s just slightly unbelievable when in one scene you’re talking about love and feelings to Chieri, and later you strip her naked and ask her to walk around on all fours like a dog.

Basically, if you liked The Sagara Family, this is in a similar vein. I still think that The Sagara Family has been my favorite H game, simply because there’s just so much fantastic H content (and I think that most of the story is actually good), but this is a worthy followup if you liked the former and are looking for more like it.

Slight spoiler:

The “wedding scene” is my favorite part. However, the programmers did the scenario a little bit out of order… I don’t get why a girl would first complain about “her dress getting dirty”, and then proceed to do things that would get it dirty. This is not a new concept. Typically the scene runs like this: The couple has sex FIRST, then she says “don’t, you’ll get my dress dirty” as the guy approaches climax, and she finishes by sucking out and swallowing the come. I think that makes more sense than what is shown in the game. “Don’t get my dress dirty… Just shoot it so it drips down my leg!” I swear, sometimes these ZYX guys are trying too hard to be overly kinky. :wink:

Its mainly a given but most Zyx heroines are doomed to be extremely addicted to sex. XD

They basically go all the way. They love the main character so much they would hump in the park naked (in plain view too) just to get the right feelings out. But no worries because isn’t that why we buy their products? Because we want to bust a nut while still enjoying a pleasant scenario?

Well, my impression after one run through is mostly that this seems to be very much like a yaruge. I swear, there were numerous occasions where I had less than five minutes of text to read through before encounter yet another scene. The sheer number of boxes for scenes in the extras section was astounding. It got to the point that I was skim reading during scenes in case anything really relevant to the story was revealed. I’m not saying that the game is necessarily bad, its just that when three out of four of your first games in this genre are gems like YMK, Kana, and Crescendo, you are left wanting in a game like APC.

My first VN was Tamayura (yeah, yeah, I only started in 2005, shut up ;_;), so as you can imagine, most of the things I played after that looked pretty good! (and Tamayura looked pretty good to me originally since I never had anything to compare it to)

I ordered it this WE (yeah only now).
Let’s hope it will be as good as I think it is.

I’ll warn you now le nuage, there are some scenes later in the story that had a tone that kind of remind me of our dreaded Hitomi path. More specifically, for those who have already played, the ones I’m thinking of right now are the scene in the park with the leash, the scene in the storage room under the stairs, and the scene immediately before the storage room in the hall. Granted, they aren’t anywhere near as malicious as in Hitomi, but I still didn’t care to see the protagonist act the way he did.

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:lol:

I’ve started playing it and… it’s gold. Gold !Better than I expected (for a zyx game).
It’s been such a long time since I playes a good eroge (Secret wives club and I’m gonna nurse you 2 kinda sucked).

I’m only at the beginning of the game (I played 3H) but I lol’ed several times already.
I just hope my light side won’t be offended by what Kimuzukashii MEIJI talked about.

Now I have to finish it before the Princess waltz release :slight_smile:

what do you mean by that

If by “like Amorous Professor Cherry” you mean sexromp with a (very) little bit of story, I think that you could find what you search in “The Sagara Family”. Maybe in some other games too, but you’ll need someone more expert than me to point them out.

Anyway, if I may give you an advice, I’d suggest you trying Yume Miru Kusuri. It’s a lot more story intensive, but it has some good sex scenes as well, and it’s generally considered one of the best games translated in English. It’s always good to try something different.

Ugh, no offense to you, but I personally do not see the appeal of a game like APC. To this day, I still refer to it as my worst decision in terms of eroge.
OK, now that I have that out of my system, it would be useful if you told us what in particular about the game you liked so that we can give suggestions as to what else you might enjoy. If you enjoyed the fact that it was a sex romp, then you are pretty much safe with anything made by ZyX, from what I understand (due to what I��ve heard here, and the experience of playing APC, which is a ZyX game).

I’ve actually heard good things (for the most part) about Sagara Family, despite the sex romp nature of it (which seems to be par for the course since it is a ZyX game). That being, that it actually has a semi-decent plot, and lots of humor.

I actually enjoyed Sagara Family, and I generally hate sex-romps. The story is so-so, but the humor is where it shines.

Perhaps, except “Chain - the lost footsteps” which actually has a quite solid plot, even if some of the sexscenes feet a bit - gratuituos!

I didn’t like The Sagara Family much at all - whilst there was some story, it wasn’t particularly well done and the pacing wasn’t great either. It did have some funny moments, but for me they were offset by the scenario. The music was terrible, and the art was a bit above average, but not as good as his work on some other ZyX games. For an eroero game, the sex is the most important thing, and despite there being a lot of it, most of the scenes were a bit on the short side. I guess whilst sex-romps really aren’t my preferred genre, objectively The Sagara Family is a reasonable game, and it’s probably the best relatively light themed/ero heavy game currently available in English. If anything though, it felt like the writer wasn’t really in his element (he’s now working for raiLsoft writing more in the mystery genre. His first title for them was well received, and the official site for the second should be open very soon). [Edit: And comparitively, whilst the The Sagara Family is a very straightforward read, ??? (although I’ve only played the demo of it) has by far the most complicated Japanese I’ve encountered in an eroge.]

I liked the Sagara family. The story wasnt too exiting. But its good fun and nice relaxation. And the humor is pretty good too :slight_smile:
BTW I havce played the game and I havent unlocked the scene “Sexual Harrasement Director” Any ideas?

www.gamefaqs.com