Amorous Professor Cherry: The Thread

I’m pretty sure pr@jastusa.com is the email you can send to for the walk through. Just make sure you include your product code in the email.

I was complaining about the inconsistency in translating names in the Mangagamer thread, and after playing APC for 30 minutes, I’m surprised to find myself here complaining about the same thing.

There seemed to be multiple translators and lazy editor(s) as I noticed from scene to scene the usage of honorifics and names changing.

For example, I’ve seen Koikawa-kun be translated in the script as Koikawa-kun, Mr. Koikawa, and Koikawa. If you already used honorifics, stick to it and stop changing. It’s really annoying.

I also saw Chieri-sensei being translated as Ms. Chieri, Ms. Hase, Chieri, and Chieri-sensei. Oh come on now. Four variations for the same name? One even includes changing the name, something I thought we were past doing.

I mean, it’s not only dropping honorifics. I saw one case where they actually ADDED honorifics even though it wasn’t said. Yoda became Yoda-kun.

Come on now, JAST. People are upset at the poor editing from Mangagamer. You guys need to do a better job to keep your reputation. It feels like a shoddy product when it seems like there wasn’t any consistent editing done by a single editor, which is often a complaint for fan-translations that employ multiple translators and editors.

Hmmm… yeah now that u mention it…there was a fair name swapping all around =P I dunno wasn’t really as glaringly bad IMHO. Mainly because from what I see as an editing point of view they went more for the appropriateness of use instead of the actual copying of names.

Like say when Mr Koukawa was used… IIRC that was mainly used during class sequences while a teacher may use “kun” for familiarity there is still that distance because of respect from a teacher and student. Hence the probable use of Mr so and so. Just my 2 cents =P

Personally the only real mess up i saw was one of the scenes where it seems like “sound effect” text (ie crash,etc.) prolly wasn’t encrpted properly and u ended up w/ gibberish fer a bit xD

Welll for now I just started the game and I’m liking it so far. Snicker… he was reading a dirty novel in class…

I’ve played eroges on my laptop in class. Not in highschool, though.

LOL. Touche hunh, hunky? The most I did was sneak a pop of Sekirei in my spare time. The guy behind me was like 0_0

However, The teacher was like “WTF!?!” when he caught me reading Kurohime. Luckily it was AFTER class so he couldn’t do any shit to me. XD

On the other hand, my sister has actually snuck a copy of Kisaragi Gunma’s Giri giri sister into school… and was reading it in class. She didn’ty get caught though XD.

I’ve got you beat for boldness. Last semester in my Japanese class, I had Snow Sakura running on the classroom computer, through the speakers for everyone to hear, and on the projector screen. :twisted: Granted, this was right before class and I didn’t show anything approaching an ero scene, but the fact still remains. I’m just glad I was able to find a way to do it, thanks to a USB hard drive, given the safeguards on the computer. :stuck_out_tongue: Oh, did I mention the instructor saw it? (Thankfully she didn’t fully realize what it was I was showing. Either that or she didn’t care.) I did this about three times, with no repercussions. I even showed a part of the game involving Misato (where she is drunk and asks you a question, then does the Japanese equivalent of “Ding Dong” when you answer correctly) to the instructor (who happens to be from Hokkaido) telling her that the scene always reminded me of her.

Ummm, how in hell did your teacher let you use the bloody slide projector!?!

That’s because it wasn’t a slide projector. It was a video projector. The classroom computer outputs a signal both to it and an LCD monitor. As for how I had access to it, the truth is that everyone has access to it, whether they be faculty, students, or someone who just happens to go in the classroom. The main use of the projector was presentations by the instructor.

Snicker. Lucky. The computers in my school are mostly teacher only. (although my teacher lets me on anytime I want because I rock…) Most of them would rather beat you with a stick before they even let you so much as touch the computer.

Just played through the Cherry Path, i like that Game ^^ But it’s very easy to get the Ending you like :confused:

Indeed… seeing as there’s technically only 2 paths =( As Mamiko doesn’t really have her own ending… oh and thats not counting the Harem ending xD

I was extremely disappointed that Mamiko didn’t have her own path. Also, Kiyoka’s was so short and had almost no CG associated with it… I personally thought she was way hotter than Chieri.

You lolicon XD

I prefered Chieri’s path but I did like the Harem scenes. I just wish they were MORE.

So judging by this and the fact the game is considered “easy to get the path you like,” I assume this game is primarily about Chieri (Cherry) only, right? The game is named after her, so I’m not surprised, but still, the lack of any CG’s for one character and no path for the other makes this game sound disappointing to me.

On a side-note, as someone mentioned, I’m curious where the updates are. The last Otakuism.com update was July 1st… a month and 10 days ago! Surely the Anime Expo should have justified at least one more update.

I would say “a majority” is about Chieri would be a better term =P There are still a fair amount of Mamiko CG’s in between (she’s pretty much Koikawa’s sex and pep talk person in between ‘issues’ w/ Chieri xD) and there are some for Kiyoka… but hers are fairly outnumbered by Chieri’s xD

But yeah that being said the paths are fairly obvious being the real obvious choices are to which girl would you be nicer to = the end (or just be preoccupied w/ sex period w/o completely annoying either girl and we have your harem =P) you want.

That’s “Lolicon, Sir” to you junior! Nah, I just like girls with small tits. UNFORTUNATELY, in eroge that means they’re either stupid young looking and acting (But they’re all 18, really!) or a secondary character. With the somewhat notable exception of your landlord in Let’s Meow Meow (whose name escapes me for the moment)…

I found it odd that you can not lose. There are no endings where you end up by yourself or things are just back to normal or anything like that. That was oddly disappointing for me, I kept expecting that there was some kind of end like in Hitomi where your stepmom goes all Captain Stabbin on you.

No bad endings? Hmm, while I can’t say that’s disappointing, I do think that’s kind of odd.

OH NOES! BAD MEMORY!.. I-I’LL KILL YOU! I don’t care if I made sandwiches for you earlier, I’ll kill you anyways!

I wasn’t the only one who was like “WTF!?!” about this? Thank God, I thought it was just me! At least in Bible Black you could see that stuff coming (no pun intended)!

Oh you bet, I was like “WTF!” I was the one who made the long winded thread venting my “WTF’ness” at the ending :stuck_out_tongue:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5315