Anime Expo 2010 Q/A

So I’ll be going to AX for at least two of the four days and figured that I might as well do what I did last year at the Comic Con. So if you’ve got some questions you would like asked post them here. I’ll check early tomorrow morning before I leave (~5:30am here). I’ll also be going on Saturday so I’ll check then too. Be advised I may or may not ask all the questions I get, they do have a booth to run after all. I might be able to ask the guys at Mangagamer some questions too, although whether they are up for that or not I don’t know.

Is the text quality patch for Family Project dead?

(I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this by now, but it’s probably good to let them know there still are people wondering about it.)

Any new developments on the Rolling Star front?

• An announcement last AX
  • At that time, no titles were announced
  • No titles or news announced since

Since a bunch of titles were just de-queued (apparently both Downhill Night 2 and Raidy 2 are now shipping, Demonbane will be soon) there should hopefully be some news in this regard

Are there any plans to turn JLIST into an outfit like Erogeshop/Palet that makes ALL in print and preorder eroge available, instead of just a few sporadic titles?

While seeing preorder eroges appear on JLIST is of great interest to me, as I prefer not to split orders except in extreme circumstances, I am generally unable to preorder my monthly dose from JLIST unless they have every title I want, which so far hasn’t happened. As such I haven’t really been able to support this initiative, despite the fact that I very much approve of it - even though Subarashiki Hibi, the title I looked forward to most of all out of March was available for preorder on JLIST, because I wanted some other titles too, I had to go elsewhere.

Considering it hasn’t even been released over there, and likely never will be (Zyx is dead, or so it would seem), I’m willing to bet there aren’t going to be any developments.

Any news on the uncensored data for ‘Cleavage’?

How does Jast feel about the Japanese companies sending out C&D’s to many fan translations, halting many if not most current translations.

Hows ‘NITRO+ROYALE’ going? We’ve had no word on it at all.

Last time u said this too:

So perhaps bring up ‘Eushully’ this time?

My main question:
Are negotiations with Black CYC still continuing or were they completely dropped? Last we heard was:
http://www.jastusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6303&p=91107&hilit=kingdom#p91107

Is there still a chance of this happening? Due to Black CYCs following, I’m sure the fans will help with the issues if Jast made them public.

Most of the ‘translations’ that were halted by C&D efforts weren’t going anywhere anyway - I’d say the majority were either dead, of unusably low quality or hadn’t been updated in some time. The couple of exceptions were mostly projects only marginally underway, like eden*.

While I don’t deny the C&Ds might have a chilling effect on future unauthorised translations, this is less of a problem than before with the two main licensees (JAST and MangaGamer) pursuing more licenses than ever before and a lot of eroge companies being actively aware of the foreign interest in their titles and being more open to licensing. So I think things are actually better off than they were before.

Instant translation software is actually getting better. Yea, there is still tons of rubbish machine translation you get WTF moments with, but compared to 10 years ago when the first VN fan translations started its improved a lot.

:slight_smile: :wink:

what day is jastUSA panel were they could announce new titles

While the machine translation software itself has improved somewhat, the big strides have been in compatibility and interface on the hooking end–basically the hacking software made by fans. When I was first getting into machine translated H-games about 7 years ago, only about half the games I tried could be hooked properly. Nowadays, that percentage is closer to 90%. In addition, the new interfaces allow integration of output from the various programs, allowing users to customize what they see. These days anyone with enough patience can play games in Japanese and have a decent idea of what’s going on, though there’s still a bit of a technical learning curve.

the panel will be 10:30 pm tonight http://www.jastusa.com/jast-usa-at-anime-expo-2010

Any hope that JAST will localize Kikouyoku Senki Tenkuu no Yumina from Crowd?
Also, what will second Nitroplus USA title be? I’m wishing for Hello World, actually.

Kikouyoku Senki Tenkuu no Yumina is from not crowd Eternal
i would like to see 3 methods to conquer the world from crowd

There have only been two titles announced so far: Demonbane, and Jingai Makyou. Demonbane is almost done, but there’s been no updates on Jingai Makyou whatsoever.

I’d guess they’ve been concentrating on Demonbane, but they’ve probably also been working on Jingai Makyou. So I’d expect Jingai Makyou to be next no matter what.

After that, Jast USA/GC/PP will essentially be out of announced titles (the only one still in progress will be Downhill Night Blaze) so new games will be added probably tonight :slight_smile:

I’d also like to know if JAST has any plans to work with Eternal Will. Their H-RPGs are far above anything we’ve seen localized so far. I’d also be ecstatic about a Eushully deal, but I’ll settle for the easy (and achievable) targets first.

If you stop by Mangagamer’s booth, I’d like to know what their plans going forward are for games with gameplay. I remember some speculation that they might be bringing over a Circus RPG.

Night ask them if they plan to bring Overdrive’s new title, Dear Drop.

Anyone at the panel?

At least the topic creator was there. But unless someone jumps on right away and posts for us, we have to wait. And getting net access at a con is always kinda iffy. It IS pretty late, we’ll probably see news trickle out tomorrow.

Just a quick update now that I’m awake. I was not able to ask any questions yesterday but I will on Saturday. On another note, Mangagamer is pouring some serious money into this AX. They’ve got the equivalent of 12 booths to themselves, throw random “concerts”, hired girls to wear the uniforms from their games to hand stuff out, and have the entire back page of the programming guide as an advertisement. Ironically enough they are also right next to J-List/Jast, which may be why that booth was so damn busy yesterday.

I’ll try to ask as many questions as I can on Saturday, hopefully I can pull Peter to the side for a few minutes, so keep posting them until about 4am PST which is when I will be doing my last check before leaving.