Anime recommendations

Hey everyone, I am wanting to ask if anyone can recommend some Anime’s (dubbed or subbed) that you may think I would like based on these I have watched:

Series*

1 Figure 17 (shy girl becomes stronger, along with protecting the world)

1 Gunslinger Girl (cute girls that are dangerous!! )

1 His and her Circumstances (the humor of the gir main character and how she still manages to patch things up with people along with scarring them)

1 Ranma 1/2 (the conundrum of guy changes into girl - hellarious as all getout)

1 rizelmine (the arranged marriage that he is reluctent to accept but ends up in love with a machine)

1 Scrapped Princess (heroine that is able to overcome the hardest of curcumstances due to a power born to her, even though the whole world is trying to kill her for the wrong purpouse)

1 The Melancholy Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, need I say more, if I must she is a girl that doesn’t find it fun to do what everyone else does taken from the opening theme ,reason being is she isn’t quite like other people but she doesn’t know it)

1 World of Naru (the whole alien relationship was cute, where someone coud accept her for who she was)

2 Boys over Flowers (goes to show that the one whom gives you the hardest time, likes you most, hellarious serries)

2 Chobits (cute serries, being able to fall in love, even though it isn’t human)

2 DearS (funny from all the misunderstandings, friend walks in always at the wrong time and it always looks wrong)

2 Maburaho (cute girls, one seems to truely love him, one wants to kill him and the other just wants to jump him.)

3 Ai Yori Aoshi and Enishi (love never forgotten at leat not by her and goes to be strong and evermore or so I would think)

3 Cardcaptor Sakura (cute little girl, has powers to from cards that have to be captured in order to correct her mistake by letting them out)

3 DNA2 (can’t really describe)

3 Fruit Baskets (awsome series, a girl that can bring a family closer together even though the curse that they share.)

3 Girls Bravo (can’t really describe)

3 Hand Maid May (can’t really describe)

3 Mahoromatic (can’t really describe)

3 Oh My Goddess (can’t quite explain)

3 Yu-Gi-Oh (like the game and the story behind it)

4 DNAngel (an interisting story where bad seems good and good seems bad. )

4 Love Hina (hellarious story on a guy taking over a girls dorm as the manager, girls abuse him every way possible and then come to like him, but won’t openly admit it.)

4 Please Teacher (student discovers teacher is an alien, to cover up the a misunderstanding they end up getting married)

4 Please Twins (can’t describe to well)

4 Somedays Dreamer (where magic can seem to cause more trouble than it is worth to this young girl)

4 Code Lyoko (interisting serries where kids fight against a supercomputer in a virtual world called lyoko)

4 Nanaka 6/17 (girl has an accident and wakes up thinking she is only 6 years old, a little funny but cute)

4 Sister Princess (ever have 12 sisters you didn’t know about, well this guy does, and will he give up his tokyo life for a quite life on a island with them?)

4 Parallel Duel (can’t think of a description as of yet.)

Movies*
1 Spirited Away (great story, loved the animation, story is a bout a girl that gets trapped in a relm of the spirits and works to get her parents back.)

1 Castle in the Sky (like the carefree way that the characters meet and interact, )

2 Howel’s Moving Castle (interisting way how a girl ended up saving the one that should have saved her)

3 Princess Mokonoke (like the way they portrayed the spirits, and how they tried to get trust between the spirits and the humans)

that is pretty much it probally a few more that i have … I just can’t think of them at this moment.

Any feedback greatly appreciated. Look forward to reading your sugestions.

[ 11-14-2006, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: ms308680 ]

Not sure if this doesn’t belong in the misc. folder…if Lamuness moves it or not I’d be glad to suggest a few (after that judgement.)

To help…which of those titles did you like the most?

… I think that the forum is called … “Bishoujo Games & Anime Discussions” … thanks, (at least I hope I am in the right place), If I am indeed in the wrong place … I am sorry everyone. Thanks

add/ resorted

[ 11-13-2006, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: ms308680 ]

My suggestions are a little bit biased by my own tastes, but still you may take a look at reviews if I am all wrong with them:

Series (serious department):
[list][]Hi no Tori (Firebird)[/][]Angelic Layer[/][]The Twelve Kingdoms[/][]Neon Genesis Evangelion[/][]RahXephon[/][/list]
Series (comical department):
[list][]Those who hunt elves (must-see for fans od comical fantasy!)[/][]MAZE[/][]Slayers (first and second season, third is debatable)[/][]El Hazard the magnificent world (OVA-Series, NOT TV-series!)[/][]Sorcerer Hunters[/][]Excel Saga[/][/list]

Movies:
[list][]Grave of the Fireflies (warning: DEAD-serious movie!)[/][]Nausicaa of the valley of the wind[/][/list]

I hope I could help with my suggestions and be aware that you are NOT the only one who doesn’t support the online-petition. Others who may think the same are just not as vocal as you are.

• 0 -

As for Baldo’s question what to expect next from me: I originally planned to make this last post another review - one of the Escude-game “Eiyuu x Maou”. However, after I realized how much enthusiasm my “Kuutei Senki”-review caused, I decided to not waste more effort on writing another review.

Sayonara!

Thank you so much Unicorn, good to know I am not alone. By chance I had recorded “Grave of the Fireflies” last night … and “Nausicaa vally of the wind” is on my list to view, now I know that they are definetly worth the view even more. I am looking at MAZE and Angelic Layer now. I appreciate all your input. Thanks again.

[ 11-13-2006, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: ms308680 ]

If you liked Scrapped Princess and Gunslinger Girl then you might like Cowboy Bebop, the series and the movie.

awsome, I will check it out, Thanks

i think its best that you also give descriptive words as to what you like in a show, mainly because not everybody may have watched everything you listed

long series? short series? continuous storyline or each episode self-contained? tons of fan-service? lots of humor? serious story? action-oriented? dump-stupid humor? totally pervert? everybody must look underaged? :stuck_out_tongue:

didn’t think about that much, but I really don’t know what to describe what I like in these except the humor that is in a few of these and the story that it tells, as long as the story is good then I will more than likely like it. shows that have magic or where the hero or heroine of the story is thought of as the enemy (like in scrapped princess). Besides this I really don’t know what else to say. I apprechiate everyone’s input and thank you too Lamuness, I didn’t think of that.

I guess I am a nut for happy endings as well :stuck_out_tongue:

if you like dump-stupid humor then i would recommend school rumble and ninja nonsense

and speaking of which im going out now to see borat :stuck_out_tongue:

Truly a pity, in my opinion. Although I admit I had modest hopes :slight_smile: (heck, me I haven’t lost Hope even when the Holy Review itself got the “cold treatment” from the BBS members here, poor EroGoddess :stuck_out_tongue: … ).

thanks Lamuness I will take a look at those, … no sugestions baldo :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’re some…from mine…recommendation…

Kazinukoe Shuffle!
Tenjou Tenge
Get Backers
Hanaukyo MaidsLa Verite
Hand Maid May
Onegai Sensei
Cyborg Kuro-chan
Crayon Shin-chan
To Heart
Bubble Gum Crisis–Tokyo 2040–
Sorcerous Stabber Orphen
Sorcerous Stabber OrphenREVENGE
Bakuretsu Hunters
Louie The Rune Soldier
ELEMENTAR GERAD
Steel Angel Kurumi
DNAngel
DNA2
Burn-up Excess
One Piece
Project Arms
Violence Jack
YU-GI-OH
YU-GI-OH GX
Baki the Grappler
Knock-Out
Shaman King
Genshiken
Ah! My Goddess
Super YOYO
Starlight Scramble
Mighty Space Miners
Ghost in the Shell
Shamanic Princess
Dangaizer
Zeguy
Tokyo Jusshoden
Tokyo Underground
Birdy the Mighty
Midori No Hibi
Beat Angel Escalayer
Class Reunion Again
Sweet Tales of Saint Tail

Note: Movies NOT Included!

thanks for the input 13th, just the kind of list I expected from you :slight_smile:

Well, I think I can generally see your taste, but you have some real stinkers on that list (IMHO of course :slight_smile:

Series:

Akazukin Cha Cha (I am well aware this show is aimed at 6-yr-olds. I don’t care. It’s awesome. More shows need drunken six year olds kicking ass.)
Crest of the Stars / Banner of the Stars (then get the novels; skip the manga)
Evangelion
Escaflowne
Kino’s Journeys
Haibane Renmei
Full Metal Panic
Azumanga Daioh
Galaxy Angel
Princess Tutu
Tsukihime

Short stuff:

Dragon Half
Dragon Half
Perfect Blue
Millenium Actress
Here is Greenwood
Did I mention Dragon Half?
Yokohama Shopping Log

great … this is awsome everyone, I think it will take me a year to go through all of them but thanks … and by all means please keep them comming :slight_smile:

Wow this is a lot of anime you guys have listed. I’ll tell you what I do instead of posting every anime I’ve seen. First, I go here and randomly select an anime from the encyclopedia and look at the general reviews. If it is mostly in the green zone (“Good” or better), I then go to YouTube and watch pieces of episodes throughout the anime. If I like what I see, I’ll get the DVDs.

Right now I have El Hazard on the brain, sorry if it this seems like a review of it. I just finished watching the entire series in a 3-day run and now I’m going back to watch it over again, this time more slowly. El Hazard: The Magnificent World is the original OVA and I highly recommend it. El Hazard 2: The Magnificent World is the 4-episode sequel but isn’t quite as good. El Hazard: The Wanderers was the TV retelling of the original El Hazard: The Magnificent World and sucks compared to the original OVAs. Unfortunately, The Wanderers gives a deeper insight into some of the characters and additional background stories not in The Magnificent World, but at the expense of some of the other characters’ stories. For example, in the original OVAs, the priestesses seem to have limited power and aren’t used often, but in The Wanderers, they appear often with cool abilities and have a more complete background. However, Jinnai (the villain) was tactical genius in the OVAs and it was obvious he was not someone to trifled with, but in The Wanderers, he is portrayed as a fool.

El Hazard: The Alternative World continues the series but seems to have its history as The Magnificent World with a couple superficial influences from The Wanderers. The Alternative World, since it is a continuation of The Magnificent World, is much, much better than The Wanderers, however, it doesn’t quite live up to the standard that The Magnificent World set for itself, though it is pretty good in its own right. If you are going to watch one, watch The Magnificent World. However, if you want to watch all of it, watch The Wanderers first to get the additional backgrounds, then watch the “real” story in The Magnificent World then The Alternative World.

Maison Ikkoku
Kimagure Orange Road
Slam Dunk
You’re Under Arrest TV series
Macross Do You Remember Love (it was my favorite movie)

Perhaps I am misreading you on this one but I got that you like a combination of humor and RPG with some misunderstandings about the nature of the main character…hmmm…several come to mind that match that…

(Mainly PG rated except for the OVA-part 5 of the collection if I remember right which contains some nudity.)

Bakuretsu Hunters (known here as Sorceror Hunters) Can find it just about anywhere you look, ADV films did the translation job for domestic North America release. Lots of humor, pretty ladies, and a Benny Hill kinda lead character with a powerful yet dark twist.

Mainly ecchi (mature audiences) stuff would be like Dragon Pink. Maybe not that easily available you can still find it. Pink Pineapple put it out for North America. Pretty funny, not really too scat orientated, straightforward silly with sex scenes. Man male character lead can be a jerk yet has some redeeming qualities at times.

You can find some more hardcore stuff that is RPG and has some humor in it…like one part of the Cool Devices set that has Slave Warrior Maya in it. Sadly I have never been able to locate the finality of that series but hope one day I will run across it or it will be on a future release. Two parts of it in the third DVD of the series (or VHS, if you find it.) Just a warning…some folks find parts of Cool Devices disturbing, so you were warned.

Put up more information and hopefully that will enable everyone to help you out.

I am not good at describing what it is that I like from a show, I did my best in my last description. What I can do is take the list of Shows that I have seen and out next to it add what I liked about it. I can’t update that at the momment but when I do I will update the top post with this information. Thanks everyone for your sugestions. :slight_smile: and I will get that updated soon.

add/
I updated it but I think I might have made it worse :stuck_out_tongue: sorry everyone … like I said I am not verry good at describing what I like from a show so pleas forgive me.

[ 11-14-2006, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: ms308680 ]