Anime recommendations

Perhaps you could try GTO, funny drama story based on teachers and students. One of my favorites. It’s 43 episodes long.

And for a movie, perhaps Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

And for a movie, perhaps Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

Did you like the original Vampire Hunter better or the Bloodlust? I personally like the original better.

Since most, but not all, have been recommended here and there, I’ll list those that where not said from my list.

The Cat Returns (From the Creators of Spirited Away)
Kanon 2006
Bleach
Inuyasha
Strawberry Panic
Maria-sama Ga Miteru
Suzuka (The Manga continues where the anime finishes.)
The Mysterious Cities of Gold (Very Old)
Samurai Pizza Cats (Very Old, dubbed by Saban in 1991 that aired on Canadian TV)
The Jungle Book/Jungle Book Shonen Mowgli (Very Old, Nippon Animation in 1989. It was dubbed and aired on Canadian TV.)
.hack//SIGN

If you are planing to get the whole picture of the .hack series, start in this order: .hack//Ai Buster Vol. 1 (Novel), .hack//SIGN (Anime), 4 PS2 Games (Infection, Mutation, Outbreak and Quarantine), and finish with .hack//Legend of the Twilight (Manga).

[ 11-15-2006, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Fenrir90 ]

thank you for the sugestions, and one I have been looking at is The Cat Returns by Hayao Miyazaki, all of his movies have been excellent, and I actually wonder how he feels about (Disney I think) them doing a remake on Kiki’s Delivery Service scheduled to come out 2008. I actually wish they would keep their mitts off of his work and come up with their own ideas instead of remaking his. well anyway I do apprechiate everyones sugestions, if anyone has anything more please feel free :slight_smile:

[ 11-16-2006, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: ms308680 ]

What about the Legend of the Twilight anime?

And is Ai Buster in Japanese or English?

Also, .hack//G.U. is coming out soon, if it’s not out already.

you like Bishoujou game Then try :

Shuffle
Yumeria
Fate Stay Night
Bravo Girl
Ichigo 100%
Da Capo
Happy Lesson
UFO Princess Walkure
Futakoi
Ai Yori Aoshi
Magister Negi Magi
Tenchi Muyo
Tenchi Muyo GXP

All the story is almost the same, it’s about single boy with a bunch of girls.

The anime is non-canon while the Manga is canon. I have read the Manga and seen the anime, and I personally enjoyed the Manga’s story better.

As for .hack//Ai Buster, it was published in English by Tokyopop.

For .hack//G.U., I saw that the game is out.

Well that Definitely leaves Cowboy Bebop out. (no I’m not telling, but it’s still worth watching at least once)

Well, if I may, I’d like to mention some of my favorites. Bamboo has been watching anime since Speed Racer, and I still like the older stuff the best. Like the original Bubble Gum Crisis series and Armitage. But anything by Go Nagai is good, too. I consider him the Roger Corman of anime. But I also like Cowboy Be Bop and Ghost in the Shell. What really gets me going, tho, are anime that are creepy or pretty obscure. Anybody here remember F3? It’s about two sisters. The younger one can’t come when she has sex with her boyfriend, so her older sister hypnotises her so she’ll orgasm. The thing is, the younger sister will only come when heer older sister touches her. It’s rude, but funny. Another one I like is Sins of the Sisters. It’s kind of hard to explain, but basically it’s about a group of Catholic school girls who revolt at the cruel treatment they’re getting at the hands of their teachers and go on to destroy all religion on Earth. Their leader is Michael, a boy from the medieval Children’s Crusade who has been reincarnated as a girl, but with his penis intact. So we get a bit of futinari action here. Interestingly enough, there’s another anime called St. Michael’s Academy which is essentially the same story, but a little different. I’ve never been able to figure out if one of the movies is a sequel of the other or if they’re just two different versions of the same story. But the high point in St. Michael’s comes when the girls all throw the chastity belts the nuns have been having them wear into a heap while singing a chorus of Beethoven’s Ode To Joy. It’s a magic anime moment.

Here are some…I did not…include…because…either they are…too…common or…I just could not remember…

Gaiber
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Alchemist
Sister Princess
Slam Dunk
Striker~Hungry Heart~
Gundam (All Series…Go figure…)
Escaflowne
Card Captor Sakura
Air
Dears
Saber Marrionette~A to J~(Go figure…)
Gunbuster
Armitage
Zoids (Seasson 1,& 2)
Zoids Fuzors
(There was another one…I just can’t remember what…)
HunterxHunter
Cowboy Bebop
Devil Man
Can Can Bunny
Record of Lodoss War
Galaxy Angels
Hell Teacher Nube (It’s the title version that I can remember…for now…)
Hellsing
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gate Keepers
Yumeria
Love Hina
Vandread
Grenadier
.Hack Sign, Enemy
Yakitate Japan
Cooking Master Boy
Rinja Boy RANTARO
Mon Collie Knight
Digimon World 1, 2, 3
Digimon Tamers
Monster Rancher
Pokemon
Yu Yu Hakushu
Doraimon
Inuyasha
Naruto
Ruruni Kenshin
Ranma 1/2
Witch Hunter Robin
Hamtaro
Trigun
Fushigi Yugi
El Hazard
3X3 EYES
801 TTS Airbats
Agent Aika
Aka-Zukin Cha Cha
AKIRA
All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl NUKU NUKU
Angel Cop
Angel Sanctuary
Appleseed
Ayashi No Ceres
BT X
Boys Be
Battle Angel
Bubblegum Crash
KODOMO NO OMOCHA
Clamp School
Coconut Boys
Fatal Fury
Lupin III
Zenki the Demon Prince
Sunny Pig
Sakura Wars
Kama Sutra (It’s not what you think…)

I may have repeated some…
There’s this one cool anime I just can’t remember…
Anyway…, here’s the list for now…

I’ll try to list some that haven’t been mentioned then.

Girl ~ Meets ~ Girl
Info taken from animenfo.com: Hazumu confessed his love to Yasuna, but was turned down. To ease his heartache, he went to Mt. Kashimayama where hefd first met her. However, he became lost and night fell. Suddenly, he saw a big shooting star in the sky. As he began to make a wish, he abruptly realised that it wasnft a shooting star, but a falling space ship! Although he was injured in the crash, he managed to survive through the help of the alien occupant. However, he became a girl due to an accident during the reconstruction of his body.

• I can HIGHLY recommend this anime! -

Ninja Gaiden” OVA - Takes place when the third NES game stopped.

Vampire Hunter - Night Warriors Darkstalkers’ Revenge” OVA - Based loosely on the Playstation Beat-ém Up game.

Final Fantasy VII - Last Order” - An episode of Cloud’s memory in Nibleheim.

Do you own a PSP? If not, then atleast the anime OVA is up on youtube.

• Youtube -
    Megaman Maverick Hunter X” - Featured an OVA after you had completed the game once. Luckly, for us who can’t afford a PSP at the present time can watch that OVA on Youtube. Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HEvsRP77pbA
Part 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=We3MmZOaQZU
Part 2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g2EYjbEFfO0
Part 3

If only PSP wasn’t so expensive…

Blah.

This is an anime thread, but I don’t see a single aBe Yoshito anime ehre.

~

If you like Cyberpunk:

Texhnolyze (something like City of God meets the Yakuza meets prosthetics)

Ergo Proxy (Blade Runner redux)

Serial Experiments Lain (Suzumiya Haruhi, but more serious, and in cyberpunk context, albeit postmodernist)

~
If you like pure fantasy:

Haibane Renmei (one out of my three all-time fave. anime, usurped only by Cowboy Bebop & Haruhi Suzumiya)

~

Other titles eh…

RahXephon: if you like Evangelion & Duel

Midori Days: For humour that is not exactly clever, but isn’t too reliant on super-deformed

Azumanga Daioh: Tired of the hentai games where all the characters are school girls who do it too early ? Then, at least enjoy aschool girls who are still kids with nto a care in th world, and don’t have to worry about sex, since it never happens

Ouran High School Host Club: Because it remidns me of Crescendo. No diea why. Must be the eyes.

Higurashi: It was based on a doujin visual novel game. You know your loyalties.

Haruhi Suzumya: If you haven’t watched this yet… then I don’t what you’re doing. Guranteed to polarize anime watchers the way Evangelion did so then years ago.

Cool, thanks for the info. Been kinda cut off from the world lately.

A bit supprised not to see Pretear, I just finnished watching that series and I really liked it alot.

In the past 2 weeks I have watched the following.

Pretear
Kasimasi girl meet girl (subbed)
Elfen Lied
Angelic Layer

All compleatly awsome series, the Elfen Lied was a little (a bit of an understatement) Dark, but I liked the story.

and thank you Inoue Michiyo for the sugestion, I liked that series, I will be making some animated avatars from that series, along with Sister Princess that 13th wanted to see (I haven’t forgotten that you 13th).

sorry I haven’t posted lately, I have been trying to distract myself from some things that have been going on, so I haven’t been as talkative lately.

and the last thing I will say for now is "I am still waiting for Yin Yang to ship already :slight_smile:

[ 11-30-2006, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: ms308680 ]

I’ve watched `Pretear’
But I could not keep track of the series because of poor scheduling reasons…
I just caught a glimpse of it on…I don’t know…middle episodes of the series or almost near the end…where the leaf knight becomes dark and joins the enemy who he loved before…

I don’t know about -Girl meets girl- yet…
Since I haven’t watched it yet…

I highly recommend -Angelic Layer- for lovely graphics even though the underage girls are more…how should I say…“promising” in more ways than one compared to the women in this series…and don’t forget the “angels”…most are truly heavenly…
And -Elfen Lied- since I’m a sucker for “BLOODY MASACCRES”, senseless killing, and wasting lives!.. Oh Yeah!!!

Remember: “Do what you want and get what you want.”
For…The first birth celebrates life. The second birth mocks it…

Check again. I recommended Haibane Renmei. (Lain I’ve heard conflicting opinions about, I could not force myself to watch past the first few eps of Texhnolyze, and Niea_7 was puerile and annoying just as much – or more – of the time as it was good/interesting.)

What’s he done recently, anyway? They did Lain, Haibane Renmei, Niea_7, and Texhnolyze. I don’t recall hearing about anything afterward. I really like the art style, anyway.

The artwork in the manga, at least, is VERY similar. Perhaps they even share an artist, but I’ve seen that style elsewhere and it appears to be like a subgenre.

I’ll tell you what I, at least, am doing. I absolutely loved the first episode, but didn’t find much funny at all about 2-4 (the last ones I watched) because I discovered I loathe the main character. I’m sure it’s a very good show, like Hana Yori Dango; I just can’t get into it because I hate (parts of) the cast. :slight_smile:

[ 11-30-2006, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Nandemonai ]

Maybe I’m a bit puzzled here. I thought we were trying to recommend to specific things here…while all of these include just about every taste and every genre…

Oh well…as far as most of these I agree only with the reservation that if you are new to anime I hope stuff like Elfen Lied wouldn’t run you off (liked it myself …more a fan of Nana over Lucy though…) But, heck, I still like Gatchaman and that’s ancient…

Good luck, it’s a heckuva journey through the good (Azumanga Daioh), bad(Noir), and ugly(possibly the worst anime every translated entitled Birth.)

I personally liked both, Including Boys over flowers (hana yori dango), found it rather real and I liked that, not saying that everything that happened was real but it had the feal like they described something that someone really went through, verry detailed. :slight_smile:

Post script:

I was going to add that those that enjoyed Elfen Lied I know there was an OVA (of sorts) made to include all of the leftover material not included in the North America release.

If I remember it was only offered as a torrent.

Again, if memory serves me correct, it was considered 10.5 and not having the original JP anime I have nothing to compare it to the NA release from ADV.

Just one question…

Is that OVA composed of only one episode?..

I mean…I’ve watched it…and it was somewhat a comedy relief episode that was removed from the series and became an OVA…

I cannot tell which episode it should follow to complete the series…for now…

… Please clarify me on my question…