Anime recommendations

Is that OVA composed of only one episode?..

Yep, although (as in all things in Elfen Lied) I wouldn’t consider much of it comedy…fairly bloody.

[i]I cannot tell which episode it should follow to complete the series…for now…

… Please clarify me on my question…
[/i]

Sorry I didn’t completely clarify this in my last post. I mentioned that “it is considered 10.5” in reference to the OVA considered to be placed halfway into the tenth episode in regards to the storyline. It contains, from my correspondance, pieces from at least three different episodes but around episode ten is the most appropriate.

The ending in the North America version is correct. Episode thirteen is the ending as it should be (which is so open ended in my opinion that I am sure there is room for an Elfen Lied 2.)

Actually… the anime endign was the same as the manga ending (yes, there was an EL manga first), and both have already ended. We’d never really know who was the shadow at the end of the whole thing.

We’d never really know who was the shadow at the end of the whole thing.

I wouldn’t say that. You might have to wait, probably years in fact, but you never know if another Elfen Lied manga (and thus anime possibility) will come along.

Sorry about that…
Well…for me it was pretty much comedy compared to other episodes in the series…
I am one guy who likes to be happy while viewing bloody happennings… :smiley:
I would be even happier if there exist a BLOODY FESTIVAL !!! :smiley:

I didn’t like Girl Meets Girl simply due to believability. It drove me crazy that the guy didn’t even seem to think twice about having become a girl. I mean if I was suddenly to turn female, it would take me more then a day to be ok with it. And I would have serious problems wearing skirts, bras, and very revealing swimwear.

When it comes to animes, I have a very eclectic tastes. I like a little bit of everything. Others have already listed a bunch that were really good, so I thought I’d list the ones I liked that no one else mentioned.

I My Me Strawberry Eggs
A Little Snow Fairy: Sugar (Kids show)
Strawberry Marshmellow (Another Kids Show)
Eureka 7
Kiddy Grade
Karin (Manga is called Chibi Vampire)
Suzuka
Aishiteruze Baby
Noien
Gakuen Alice
Simoun
Chokotto Sister
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu

Blood+ (I don’t recommend this unless you watched and enjoyed Blood: The last Vampire)

Finally some that are currently being subbed that I’ve really been enjoying.

Sumomo mo Momo mo
Ghost Hunt
Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo
Asatte no Houkou
Happiness!
Otome wa Boku Ni Koishiteru

thank you Molenir, some fresh titles that I haven’t heard of, I think I am up to the 2 year mark on my “to watch” anime list, Thank you everyone for your sugestions.

I have to add my opinion.

Project A-ko - is a surprisingly good light comedy
Galaxy Express 999 - and its sequel
Starblazers (series) - because it started it all in the USA, I like the dubbed version better in this case because Deslok is a better villain than his Japanese counterpart.
Slayers - just liked it

I have too many to list. Some off the top of my head:

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
Gokejo Sedokai
Di Gi Charat
Mushi-shi
xxxHolic
KIBA
Tsubasa Conicles (but mostly for Kuro-sama and Mokuna and its tie in with xxxHolic and other Clamp animes…and visiting other worlds…well okay so its basically i just hate the two main characters).

I actually prefer the ones like xxxHolic and Mushi-shi a lot.

smokes a cigarette

Alright… a few underdog titles were mentioned… so I’ll mention one:

NIEA_7

~

Cos’ it’s something of a TMoHS, before the formula could be better perfected.

~

EXCEL SAGA - the greatest comedy anime. No, seriously

~

:mad:

Here some more.

School Rumble
Ichigo 100%
AIR
Kakyuusei (TV Series)
Zero no Tsukaima
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
Eureka Seven

[ 12-09-2006, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Fenrir90 ]

Relax… it’s non-tobacco. (I don’t really smoke)

Also: (removes paper)

It’s actually a Sanji lollipop !

Remember kids: smokign is bad. But, true chefs like lollipops.

Afterall, nothing beats the taste of a true, well-made Chuppa-chup.

It’s actually a Sanji lollipop !
Remember kids: smokign is bad. But, true chefs like lollipops.
Afterall, nothing beats the taste of a true, well-made Chuppa-chup.

But what about Tomato Pretz!! Or just about any kind of Pretz!!

I love 'em anyhow…

Might be old to others but I just finished it.

Romantic, non H, modern setting. Got it from Hong Kong distributor.

REC…pretty good anime if you are into romance.

Hong Kong? I’m inclined to think it’s a bootleg then. :frowning:

Here’s one I’m surprised no one has suggested. One Piece, perhaps the most unique anime/manga from Shounen Jump. If you’ve seen the 4Kids dub, don’t be fooled, that is NOT One Piece. Go over to Kaizoku Fansubs right now and start downloading the real thing ASAP. I’ll admit it takes a bit of getting used to at first, but from the arc for Nami onwards it is pure bliss with great and unique story and characters. The current Enies Lobby arc is the best so far.

Eh. It’s okay, I guess. I liked it more at the beginning. It’s becoming stale. I can tell the creator is trying to mix it up somewhat – he actually introduced someone who’s going to be an antagonist who’s NOT a villain, etc – but it’s running a serious risk of stagnating.

I’m getting Shonen Jump for other things in it, so I’m reading One Piece (unlike other things in SJ USA that aren’t even worth reading if they’re free IMO). But I’m much less impressed than I was at first.

I have to agree, sadly. Besides, the latest revelations of Luffy’s father and grandfatehr just begs too much to believe. Kinda gave up on it a while back (in preference of shorter, more interesting anime series)

But I have to give it a star for Luffy alone, as well as Zoro’s three blade style (which is the coolest sword fighting style ever), and Sanji’s cooking philosophy (4kids, for all their crimes, did the right thing of making him a non-smoker. No, seriously. As a non-smoker, I’m proud of Sanji as a lollipop sucker. Okay, so Smoker should smoke Cigars, but Sanji should suck lollipops. You do not kick the ass of a man who sucks a lollipop)

And Mirk; PRETZ ROCKS !

~

Anyway, I dont gor for long sries. I kinda rule out Saiyuki, Bleach and Naruto, all because they are beyond the 52 episode limit.

~

“52 episode limit”? To each his own, but … whatever :slight_smile:

You shouldn’t watch Saiyuki or Naruto, but that’s because they aren’t very good AND they’re long. Bleach is good, until (so I hear) they run out of manga and just started making stuff up.

Anyone here seen GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka? It’s a little long, but still very good, though if you ask me the manga is way better than the anime.