Anime Recommendations

This is a list of animes that I’ve either watching or am watching right now that I’m interested in:

One Piece
Needless
Princess Lover
School Days
Code Geass (CG)
Inuyasha
Naruto (Before it lost me, that is).
Karin Chibi Vampire

Based on all of this, anyone have any ideas on what else I might like :?:

(see my latest post for another anime list, or just continue reading this one)

More insight at my most recent post :smiley:

You will probably like Naruto if you like One Piece. I think Bleach might bore you, I know it’s boring me right now, totally suffering from Dragonball Z-itis this series [Bleach] is.

Naruto…the only ninja story where a ninja can destroy a whole town with a single jutsu. Seriously, there’s something really wrong with Kishimoto.

Instead, I would suggest Soul Eater, To Aru Majutsu no Index and Ga-Rei Zero (this last one particularly).

Naruto: It got boring toward the start of the new series
DBZ: Lost interest a LONG time ago
Bleach: see DBZ statement

Sorry for the harsh review… :frowning:

I’ll make sure to check those out.

1 hour later…

Nope, none of these appeal to me, Soul Eater looks good though.

Maybe I should’ve been more specific. How about an anime that isn’t so deep into the supernatural genre ?

Hmmm, maybe Basilisk? I can’t say for sure, but you can check it out.

Dragon Half
Rosario + Vampire 1 and Capu2 (note- manga versions are better)
Seto no Hanayome (aka My Bride is a Mermaid)
Kanon 2006
Karin Chibi-Vampire
Sekirei
Shuffle!

No supernatural elements, huh?

• Samurai Champloo (one of my favourite anime ever)
  • Samurai 7
  • Black Lagoon

No one mentioned Clannad, which is a shame.

Girls High is terribly amusing and really comes into its own in the second disk.

Best Student Council is hilarious, particularly the main character and her puppet.

Big-O was great the first couple seasons … it seems to have pissed out later on though.

The old WB Batman series - while not technically anime - is still great fun.

The Tenchi series’ are rather amusing and worth the time in my opinion.

Otherwise, most of the stuff I watch has supernatural elements, so I’m at a loss for anything else.

Hmm…nah, too much of a Romeo X Juliet Theme

Samurai Champloo: the plot fails to draw me in
Samurai 7: a much more interesting plot; I’ll check it out
Black Lagoon: nope

Dragon Half: No
Rosario + Vampire 1 and Capu2: No
Seto no Hanayome: No
Kanon 2006: No, but good try though
Karin Chibi-Vampire: Ran through this in 3 days, was 1 of my 1st animes with a female lead…-adds to list of watched animes-
Sekirei: Alright, I’ll give it a shot
Shuffle!: Not the kind of harem I had in mind…

Clannad: Yep
Girls High: No thanks
Best Student Council: Girl Overload ! (aka No)
Big-O: then I won’t bother
Batman: eh, bores me
Tenchi: I’ll pass

Oh and about the supernatural Genre, I didn’t mean to shove it aside. An anime with a little supernatural elements is fine with me, just not too much of it.

Note: This probably explains why I liked Chibi Vampire

Animes I’ve chosen so far:

Samurai 7
Sekirei
Clannad

Oh, and just to clear things up, here is a list of EVERYTHING I’m watching/planning to watch (I personally found the 2 marked with a *):

Samurai 7
Sekirei
Clannad
Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou *
Spice and Wolf Season 2 *
School Days
Princess Lover
One Piece
Needless

go to this site for details (there’s nothing harmful :mrgreen: )- http://pronerdgamer.freeforums.org/

I think this is enough to keep me busy for now but feel free to make any more suggestions

-pants pants- “whew that took a long time to write.”

Why wouldn’t you want to watch Kanon? It is a very lovely, sometimes heartbreaking and tear jerking, story full of quiet kinds of magic and great humor. This is, typically, the first anime I recommend to people.

Have you looked at Gunslinger Girls?

The Mezzo Forte series is humorous, sometimes serious and full of action.

Oh, another question, are you just looking for series or movies as well?

Kite was a great film.

While not based on what you have seen watched or are currently watching, here is my personal list of anime I have really enjoyed or am currently enjoying. Who knows, maybe you’ll like one or more of them.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG - Action? Check. Political intrigue? Check. Interesting philosophical questions? Check.
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit (AKA Seirei no Moribito) - Quite a bit less action, but generally more of what I enjoyed from Ghost in the Shell, only in a fantasy instead of science fiction setting.
Mushishi - While this series has strong supernatural elements, the focus is more on the personal lives of those effected by the “Mushi”.
If you are willing to track down quite an old (early 80s) anime, then you might try Armored Trooper Votoms. I’m not sure what it is about it, but I found it quite good.

Lastly, since I saw that you have Code Geass in your list, you might try Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle and xxxHolic.

I can only find the 1st 26 episodes out of the 52 released (aka the 1st season of TRC). Is there any reason the 2nd season isn’t hosted online yet ? Or if it is, where can I find it ?

ENGLISH SUBBED OR DUBBED PLZ !!! :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance.

5 minutes later…

Umph, never mind; I found the 2nd season.

Well anyway, thanks for the anime, I’m going to enjoy this… :mrgreen:

Glad to hear I could help you find something you enjoy.

Thank YOU for taking the time to help me. :smiley:

Have you watched an anime called “Ghost Stories”? It has some great humor, though the last few episodes went overboard a little on the adult humor after they discovered it was being cancelled and gave the voice actors carte blanch to ad lib all they wanted.

How about the mini-series “Pet Shop of Horror”?

Okay, here’s what I can reccomend:

Hellsing Ultimate
Trinity Blood
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (both seasons)
Gundam Wing
Gundam 00
Ouran High School Host Club
Rozen Maiden (both seasons)
Noir
Madlax
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor

Onegai Teacher. It’s my favorite anime. The spin-off, Onegai Twins, is also good.

Others:

-Saber Marionette J
-Midori no Hibi
-Kannagi
-Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Scrapped Princess Starts out a little slow at first as the world is introduced, has a slight Anti-Religion theme to it, but as it progresses the Awesomeness increases exponentially.

I recommend Planetes if you haven’t seen it yet. Best character development I’ve ever seen in an anime although it can be a bit slow at times. Another good one is Azumanga Daioh. It’s about the life of six high school girls and their two teachers. Here’s a couple hilarious clips from the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHYfiZWtCy8 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9KHylRrwSQ.