Animes that are Worthy and Not of a next season...

Hi unicorn,i’m elf i would like talk to you regarding sakura taisen,can i know that on the psp sakura taisen 1@2 games is’t same as the dreamcast or not,maybe another version

Sakura Taisen 1 & 2 for the PSP are unmodified ports of the original SEGA Saturn titles - the old 2D version.

For the record, there never was a 3D remake for ST2: it was planned, but died before production due to poor sales of the 3D remake for ST1.

3D-ports of the great original 2D-versions?

That’s what I’d call per-versions! :shock:

I am glad that it actually didn’t happen with the PSP - and they didn’t use the 3D-version of the first game either! I am really happy how things look on my PSP - and even more that they put both games together at that neat price!
Now, I only have to hope that the other parts will make their way to the PSP too! :wink:

Ok i see,i also like their link together sample ST 1@2 on the psp save my money,have you try (ST 5:saraba Itoshiki hito yo)on the ps2 version,the new sakura taisen on the nds i haven’t try yet i only know the character there are japan,paris,new york whole set of charater!heard the game quite good

Sorry, but no again: “Sakura Taisen 1&2” is my first ever game of the series.

Because I don’t have a modded PS2, I never tried buying a japanese game for that console. Though I know that the normal DVD-region-codes are the same for Japan and Europe, I am not too confident that the same applies to the PS2 game-region-codes.
That’s why I was so happy about the PSP-version: I knew that the PSP-games are usually not bound to be played on a console of a particular region.

Before I got the PSP-game, my knowledge of Sakura Taisen was limited to:

• the OVA-series
  • the TV-series
  • the new manga-series (that hasn’t yet been completely released here)

I know - I am a rookie, but shhhhh… nobody needs to know, right? :wink:

Focusing on the main games (and not the spin offs or side stories):

Sakura Taisen 1 = 2D = Started it all. Outstanding!
Sakura Taisen 2 = 2D = Made it even better. Outstanding!
Sakura Taisen 3 = 3D = Made something better even better! Outstanding!
Sakura Taisen 4 = 3D = Was rushed. It really shows. Yuck.
Sakura Taisen 5 = 3D = OMG! Why did you kill the series like this, WHY!?

Sakura Taisen DS is NOT a Sakura Taisen game. It’s some stupid substandard dungeon crawler with Sakura Taisen characters in it. FAIL!

[size=150] … [/size]

Hoping for NO return:
Death Note… Uh, I was hooked on that series until the last quarter of the episodes when it became needlessly cruel and a bit too convoluted.

Needs to return:
Rune Soldier… a fun and surprisingly deep story with wonderful characters. It was nice that the creators felt no need to make any portion of the anime dark, violent, or moody and just let the series play around.

Trinity Blood… I enjoyed the melodrama of this series so much only to be dissapointed with a lackluster fade away for an ending. There were way too many loose ends left at the end that there is no real sense of closure.

Cowboy Bepop… and no it does not have to occur later in the timeline, more episodes that fit into the middle such as the movie would help curb my withdrawals from a series that should have lasted well over 50 episodes.

Need to get the English dubbing done NOW:
Code Gaess… love the series at the moment and can’t wait for the second season to make it over here. A bit worried that the show might turn too dark down the road, but here’s to hoping.

Bleach… I know, I know. They are currently in process of airing the second set of 50 or so episodes in the US, but I really can’t wait another few years to get to the 170+ mark of already produced episodes. Much like Full Metal Alchemist, I have found the English dubbing to be far superior to the original Japanese and I can no longer stomach watching the episodes without the English voice actors.

It’s almost certain this isn’t going to ever happen. The main reason being that the author of the original light novels it’s based off of died before he finished his series. While another author who was a friend of his has stepped in to try and finish it, I’m sure there are many people who, like me, don’t continue series that outlive their creator (even if the person continuing it is the author’s own progeny). The works created by the people after the original creator’s death may be good in their own right, but when you try and fit more than one person’s idea of the universe of the series together (even when there are significant notes left by the original creator), it just doesn’t work in my opinion. The two series of books that I personally have not read past the point of the author’s death are the Oz series I read as a child (L. Frank Baum), and the Dune series (Frank Herbert).

I usually tend to agree on that point, but I think Trinity Blood really deserves some better closure.

Also, one that I forot to add for a needing a next season:

Inuyasha… even if it has to differ from the manga, bring the show back to wrap up the story somehow. At least some form of closure would be nice.

Hmmm…

What about newer titles…? (From '07-'08)
Are they worthy of season 2’s or more…? :?:

What do you think…?

The plot of Gundam 00 dragged me into heaven since the beginning of time. Being a real robot fan that loves plot that makes sense, this series is great. (Seed should go to hell) In any case, this needs another season. Season 2 is definitely not enough. Not with the way they made us wait.

I see dead One Piece. I’m serious. I never liked the series. Naruto and Bleach were good enough to keep you going. One Piece got old fast after a while. The action is recycled. No real technique and its just random buildup. I didn’t even have a legitimate story. Pass.

Eyeshield 21 had it coming though. It didn’t portray it very well. Sena looked like an idiot in the anime. The Manga’s portrayal was great. The anime was horrifying.

Pokemon should probably have died about 5 years ago. There is a rather strange point to question. Ash(Satoshi)'s pokemon have been in existance for a theoretical 10 years. If you train a pikachu that long, you can consider that the level of pikachu should be roughly 500. Now this idea is okay and all since it is plausible that other trainers are also that strong. But really if it is that strong, why is it having trouble with gym leaders that have level 14 pokemon compared to his supposedly uber pikachu. Next is is rather retarded philosophy. Why is he giving up his pokemon to start fresh? isn’t it his goal to catch every single pokemon in the world? If that was true, then he isn’t even close. And how retarded can team rocket get? They’ve been trying for years and still going. And they’ve been blastin off for… god knows how many times and so why are they still here!?!

We need a new hero. One that can kick that scrawny runt’s team. Seth/Wesley (Pokemon Colosseum) was the best main character to date because of the fact that he did not have a completely clean record, started off well set in the world, has experience, has a motorcycle (Yes, I spit on your little bicycle), jacks other people’s pokemon and actually has a girlfriend. If he met up with the TV show guy, the TV show guy stands no chance.

While there is nothing wrong with Full Metal Panic and its enjoyable enough, it just hasn’t left that much of a lasting impression on me. Yes, the world its based in is fascinating (much in the same alternate history way Code Geass is fascinating), but to me it seems kind of… bipolar. It’s like it isn’t sure whether it wants to be a somewhat serious military action drama, or sort of a slice of high school life comedy. Granted, I’m less than ten episodes in so far, but that is the impression I have thus far. To a certain degree Code Geass suffers from the same fault to a much lesser degree in my opinion.