Any chance School Days gets a release?

Well the end of the anime it’s the worst end you can get in the game (if i remember correctly).

The Sekai Project

It was my understanding that the ending of the School Days anime was unique.

I have verify and it’s yea and no… Since it’s a mix of all the bad ending from the game.

I thought it was a Nice Boat. :wink:

I thought School Days had a relatively sub-par story that was saved by the bad endings, personally.

Not that I watched the anime, but I don’t think it could have really ended much differently and still be satisfying. While I could be wrong, I strongly suspect that the games’ early popularity was mainly due to

1. The fact that the thing is fully animated. Fairly limited animation, sure, but understandable considering the sheer length
  2. The bad endings

Remember how it was the #10 eroge of 2006, as decided by 2ch somehow (some kind of poll system? I never really looked into that), and is now sitting on 75%/72% on erogamescape (as opposed to, say, the #7 game of 2006, Syarin no Kuni, which is now sitting on 90%/85%)

I didn’t actually notice much in the way of bugs when playing School Days, with the exception of the subtitles sometimes not showing (which was a little annoying, given how shitty my spoken Japanese is). Definitely nothing like Summer Days.

How could an other ending be more satisfying than a nice boat ?
The nice boat is one of the best ending I’ve ever seen in an anime.
Makoto is a real jerk and Sekai is a whore. Hail Kotonoha and her psycho girl army !

I suspect this is it. Prior to release, School Days received much attention since it was fully animated. However, the shocking violence made it infamous/noteworthy, which the creators played to their advantage. Even with the anime, the final DVD sold better than the other volumes (i.e. a good number of viewers only cared about the last episode).

I think they just went with what’s popular. Anything less than a bloodbath (and the anime staff took it to a new level) would’ve betrayed expectations.

the end of the anime was a more messed up version of the worst game ending

in the game the main guy only gets stabbed and dies nothing else
the anime ending is much creepier with the checking for the baby inside and the hold the cut of head

According to Wiki there in fact are more good endings per girl than bad endings total. And there are also one or two harem endings where you get both, yes.

As for the odds of PP getting hold of this game … I have to say slim-to-none. The game is wildly popular, and I don’t think it’s by a company that’s got ties with PP. Unfortunatly, there is a flood of games from Japan, very little making its way to the States.

I’ve seen the anime but unfortunately I cannot read Japanese and I can only understand a few simple words and phrases - so I haven’t play the visual novel.

According to the School Days Wiki page it appears that there is a happy ending involving Sekai and Kotonoha, entitled “Two Lovers.”

Yeah, it’s for this reason I can’t decide if to buy it or not, and Himeya’s Price doesn’t help (Comshop charges, respectively, 7280 and 6980 yen for School Days and Summer Days, it’s likely I would use FDJP here).
I’ve two technical questions, however:

1)School Days:

http://www.sekaiproject.net/downloads/

The Renewal DVD Version REALLY needs that big 1.11 patch? The Unofficial Support Page expressly states the opposite (???).

2)Summer Days:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Days

Wiki says “It was released on a double-layered DVD”, unfortunately I don’t know what a double-layered DVD is :oops: and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, if my DVD reader can play it.
I’m using a bulk version Plextor PX-130A, is it enough?

A normal DvD of 4,7 Giga is a simple-Layer DvD.
A double*Layer DvD is just that the DvD as two Layer and can contain 9+ Giga of data.

And you can read them. (DvD+R are the Double-Layer)

To quote a friend of mine: “Japan’s eroge market is like a sewage eruption that someone dropped a handful of diamonds in: there’s a huge flood of stinking waste that you have to swim through, before finding the stuff worth keeping… and sometimes, you swallow the shit while doing it.”

He’s into scat by the way. :wink:

Thanks for the answer :slight_smile: , now at least I know that my computer can manage those games.
I’m surfing the http://www.sekaiproject.net/ site right now, maybe I will post a few more questions there, the forum has many interesting threads:

http://www.sekaiproject.net/forum/viewt … ?f=2&t=366

The happy ending literally involving both of them is the harem ending, which is pretty cute and ridiculous. Otherwise there’s a few paths through the game that don’t horribly wreck any of the characters (although you aren’t going to be able to keep them both happy all of the time - but you shouldn’t really expect that, anyway).

The girls that have routes are Sekai, Kotonoha, Otome and Hikari. Setsuna’s ‘route’ is sort of a side-story more than anything else, but it changes the ending.
I didn’t think that much of Hikari’s route myself, but the other ones are okay. I stand by my former opinion that the game is relatively weak in terms of both story and characters, and that, whether you’re after ‘pure love’ stories or love triangle drama, there’s a lot of better ones, with better fleshed-out characters, more believable drama and nicer stories. And one of these has a chance of being licensed, SO~

it was probably written in JP to begin with then translated into english by an employee (JP one of course) who used a standard jp to english dictionary who forgot all their english lessons from their middle/high school days.

in jp english is cool… just look at all the products they have in jp with english names/words.

DVD+R is not double layer. DVD+R and DVD-R are simply different (competing) specifications. Both can come in single-layer and double-layer, the latter known as DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL.

the game is very large because of like cherry it has fully animated h-scenes and a few other animated segments