ax 2013 licenses your feelings

The panel was hilarious. The translator for Imopara said the imoutos are blood-related, despite only one of them being blood-related. How do you translate a game and get that wrong?

Also, on multiple occasions they were pretty much like “fuck you. buy two copies if you want this game, cunt”

On original topic i’m rooting for yumina’s sequel. I think the title is gin toki no corona.
And please please please jast release a translation of nitroplus’ phantom for pc.

On the talk concerning mg i’m happy that innocent grey is back to the screen.

That one didn’t seem to rate so well, which is a shame; I played the trial and it seemed pretty good. Guess you can never tell…

And yeah, seconding the call for the Phantom rerelease.

totono pls

From what I heard, there was a patch that was released that changed it to all the imoutos are blood related. http://blog.mangagamer.org/2013/05/26/a … ment-15965

Don’t know how true that is.

http://asitagamienai.blog118.fc2.com/bl … y-884.html

It is quite true.

a few more hours final quess time

They were going to announce 7 titles, right? Or was that MangaGamer? Either way, for my final guess, I think JAST shall be localising:
[list][]for elise[/]
[]Match-uri no Bishoujo[/]
[]Tsui no Sora[/]
[]KISSx400[/]
[]T.P. Sakura (both parts)[/]
[]???[/]
[]Utsukushii Ashi[/][/list]
I am confident JAST will bring most if not all of these titles over by Q4 2014 and am very excited and looking forward to these.

I’m disappointed. There has been already several chances where you missed guessing Shoin.
Though maybe JAST will decide to bring first 2nd LOVE, to follow the order.

Nah, I think MangaGamer’s getting Shoin and 2nd LOVE, they just didn’t get to announce it at AX.

Just like with Mangagamer, I’ll edit in anything interesting to this post for people who don’t want to follow the full transcript.
For full transcripts: http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=1&refresh=1
I’m just copy/pasting things from that.

Anyways:

Favoritism?

Who’s present:

Most successful game:

First license:

Second license:

Next in line for release:

Sumaga and Django update:

Third license:

Steins;Gate progress:

Yumina update:

Fourth license:

Fifth license:

Sixth license:

Seventh license:

Romanesque info:

I need me some Cross Gays ya’ll~!

STARLESS censorship…confirmed? (could be Shiny Days too)

Aww, I was so close too.

Anyway, the one I’m probably most thrilled about is Steins;Gate.

EDIT: Although they didn’t license Shoin either. Told you MangaGamer was getting that one, Mazyrian!

Anyway, two CODEPINK games; probably not my first choice for nukige, but it’s actually been quite some time since JAST’s released a nukige, hasn’t it? Unless I’m forgetting something.

Apart from Raidy 3 I’m actually impressed.

Kinda wish they got ‘Sexfriend’ from CODEPINK though. The OVA for it is pretty well known, so I’d like to see the other routes.

I’d love to hear the story behind Romanesque too. If I remember right, Mangagamer was going for it and was told straight up ‘NO’. So what’d JAST do to change their mind?

Edit:
I hope the rumor of Steins;Gate and Steam come true. Could potentially change things for JAST if it makes it onto Steam.

They must have saved the announcement for Otakon

I’m very concerned that Shiny Days will be censored. Very concerned.

If they censor Shiny Days then I will be very, very concerned with what they do to Little Witch Romanesque.

Speculation about this would be the attention that Aroduc brought to the title through KS. And since he is working with JAST already, then they probably just let JAST license the title and let Aroduc keep working on it.

It’s a given that they can’t censor Romanesque without tearing it apart. But they could easily surgically excise the “offending content” in Shiny Days.

Would be pretty odd for them to tear apart one title, but then leave another one with more ‘questionable’ content to be left alone.

If JAST censor something. I’m sure it will be uproar like Moenovel event all over again.
I don’t want another VN got butchered anymore.

Lastly,DON’T butchered Shiny days and Romanesque please.
I beg you JAST.

Yeah, I dunno about Shiny Days… to me, the answer depends on exactly why they couldn’t localise the original Aselia. If it was entirely because of Orpha’s presence as a heroine in the game, Karen and Kokoro could feasibly be in danger. On the other hand, if it was because of the nature of the rape scenes Shiny Days wouldn’t be affected. If it was due to XUSE being unwilling, again, this wouldn’t affect Shiny Days.
I think Romanesque will be fine, because the youthful appearance of the heroines is clearly a factor of the art style, whereas this isn’t so much the case in Shiny Days.