AX announcements

Hi all,

To make it short - ADV has announced they got the following:

1) Sister Princess (anime)
2) To Heart (manga)
3) Happy Lesson (manga)

It makes me wonder now, is there any chance b-games (based on this anime/manga) will ever cross the Pacific (translated/regionalized, that is)…

ADV also picked up Wedding Peach OVA, and I believe Tokyo Pop picked up the Wedding Peach manga.

ohh ADV >>…they take the bobs in gettin stuff dubed (ewww) an subed (fansubs own in that spect…till they get licenced U_U) i dun like ADV much their dubbin skillz could do with alot of work it umm…sucks to put it simply <<

they better get SP out with in a day i liked that show XD~~

SPR licenced btw???

EJ

I really doubt a company releasing film/manga will have any influence/motivation for bringing over any adult titles. I mean they won’t even release anime based games on consoles besides a few exceptions. It would be nice to see the love hina games and so on released here.

To Heart anime? Coming to US? I love ADV ^_______^

I’m hopeful, and maybe this will be a good way to pave inroads for Bishoujo games. But the games told as an anime doesn’t tell what kind of reaction people will have for a choose your own adventure game. I’m crossing my fingers though.

Of all the anime from bishoujo games, they took probably the worst of them? sighs

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
Of all the anime from bishoujo games, they took probably the worst of them? *sighs*

Yeah, I know...I actually LIKE the To Heart anime, but I won't even try to deny that it's...how do I want to put this...pure fluff?

Um, you guys need to read carefully. The To Heart manga was announced, not the anime. It’s going to be a title in ADV’s new publishing division. I don’t think anyone’s picked up the anime license still.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Yeah, I know...I actually LIKE the To Heart anime, but I won't even try to deny that it's...how do I want to put this...pure fluff?
I'm talking about the only anime they picked up: the Sispri one!!! o_O'

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Um, you guys need to read carefully. The To Heart manga was announced, not the anime. It's going to be a title in ADV's new publishing division. I don't think anyone's picked up the anime license still.

Oh, that's right. Silly me...

And yeah, the Sister Princess anime is kind of weak. No, let me rephrase that. It's weak. There are far too many girls to give them all a decent amount of screentime for, well, ANYthing so they all end up extremely flat with a few gimmicks. At least, in the first 5 or so episodes I've been able to sit through.

(Quickly take a look at the initial post)

I swore I wrote To Heart (manga), not To Heart (anime) anime!

Finally, as I wrote somewhere else: gore, comedy, fan service and action (not necessarily in that order), that’s how company determines what to get next. So, which one you (ADV, et al) will go for? To Heart (anime) or SisPri? I guess it wasn’t difficult for them.

quote:
Originally posted by fxho:
(Quickly take a look at the initial post)

I swore I wrote To Heart (manga), not To Heart (anime) anime!

Heh, don't worry, you did. It's just that sometimes we don't read as carefully as we should. (And the thread on game length has another good example of this...) Don't know enough about the SisPri anime or game to comment on it.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Heh, don't worry, you did. It's just that sometimes we don't read as carefully as we should. (And the thread on game length has another good example of this...) Don't know enough about the SisPri anime or game to comment on it.
fxho knows my opinion about SisPri, but to the others, the game was very good IMHO while the first anime series was pure crap, for many reasons. I can post or mail the rant I wrote in the SisPri ML about why, if anyone wants so. In a nutshell, they turned a heartwarming sibling love story into a comedy!

Man, can’t wait til To Heart anime gets picked up. Comic Party’s already coming out here, so the other bishoujo classics need to be next.

quote:
Originally posted by Goobersnotch:
Man, can't wait til To Heart anime gets picked up. Comic Party's already coming out here, so the other bishoujo classics need to be next.

... ...

... ...

Have you...seen it?

quote:
Have you...seen it?

Well, I did, and I enjoyed the bejimminy out of it.

quote:
Originally posted by Goobersnotch:
Man, can't wait til To Heart anime gets picked up. Comic Party's already coming out here, so the other bishoujo classics need to be next.

Unfortunately, I have my doubts. If you notice the trend, companies license new titles most of the time, leaving older titles behind, unless they have a very good reason to get them (part of a bundle, et al). Think about this, how difficult would be licensing the two Tokimemo OVAs? It has been out for a couple of years already, yet it is nowhere in the radar.

Well. The tokimemo OVAs is no big surprise. I mean, I’ve only been able to find a FANSUB of the first OVA, and I for a long while thought there were no more.

I enjoyed it, mildly, but having zero familiarity with Tokimemo doesn’t help.

quote:
I enjoyed it, mildly, but having zero familiarity with Tokimemo doesn't help.

Well, AFAIK, Tokimemo (game) is better known than SisPri (game). However, due to fansubs, SisPri (anime) is better known than Tokimemo (anime). Not that Tokimemo hasn't been fansubbed, but it hasn't been given much attention and highlight as SisPri (anime).