B-Game Suggestions

Anyone wanna suggest new Bishoujo Games?
hehe just for your fantasy to be heard(and please post why d you want it)

Well I want SnowDrop 2
coz t’was the 1st B-Game I had and the story is soooo good (and the girls too hehe)

…well i am not too fond of snow drop as i think its story line is a bit messed up and i have seen a poll somewhere that rated this game as the second worst (worst being the water closet). If there is a snow drop 2 i hope they will pay more attention to storyline and character development. Oh i am hoping to see most of the japanese games(kimi ga nozomu eien, da capo, duel saviour, des blood 4 etc) translated into english version or else i would hope to see divi dead 2 and tokimeki check-in 2

I’m fairly sure no one wants to hear my fantasy, but that’s never stopped me before. I want a Chobits soft-core b-game. A raising sim would be a suitable format. Even better, it could work in the video game episode from the anime series as a substantial RPG-component. Being an ideal game and a not a real one, this RPG-component would actually be good too. Why do I want this game?

Chii?

Sadly, this idea will never happen, as such a game doesn’t exist and never will. Oh well. I can dream…

It would be nice, however, if the Chobits games that already do exist actually got translated. I’m not sure what the chance of that is. I heard that at one point that the Chobits manga was the #1 best-selling graphic novel (i.e. comic book) in the U.S., and something like the #20 best-selling novel in general (in the U.S.). That seems to imply some sort of following. In fact, it implies that there’s a lot of closet Chobits fans out there even among non-anime/manga otaku. Interesting how a series can be so popular yet you never hear anyone talk about it…

Anyway, with such a substantial fan-base, you’d think game companies would be scrambling to get the rights to the games. But that doesn’t seem to be the case, oddly.

Edit: Change in the US to at Barnes & Noble. But you get the idea.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 10-14-2004).]

I would also love to see some of the original B-games that spawned the anime series translated. I’ve watched Shingetsutan Tsukihime and Kima Ga Nozumu Eien, so I can personally attest to the greatness of their stories. Tsukihime has so much depth and mystery to it, and Kimi Ga has a powerful, romantic storyline along the lines of Crescendo. I’ve heard that Kanon and Air have very good romantic stories as well.

Chobits is old skool. It’s pretty much ancient history by now, considering how quickly the market moves - the show’s complete, over and done with, and so is the manga.

Doesn’t mean it isn’t pretty good, at least the manga.

You say that, but how long has the Little My Maid translation been pending? A Chobits PS2 game was released in Japan May of last year. I would hardly call that “ancient history.” 1-2 years often separates releases in Japan and the U. S.

As you can see, I get somewhat defensive when it comes to Chobits.

Chobits the manga is pretty good? Why not the anime?

Chobits had 26…although I was disappointed with the ending. Kinda expected more after the resolution of I like you even though you are a Persocon.

Spoiler

Yeah…the ending sucked. Even I can admit that. The “I’m erased but not really” thing didn’t really hold water. The manga’s ending made more sense, though I can see why the anime wanted to try something different. Also, even though the ending does tie things up, I still felt I was left a little hanging. It would have been nice if the last, last episode was something more than another recap.

@woodelf: Psst…try Elfen Lied when it gets localized.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 10-16-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
You say that, but how long has the Little My Maid translation been pending? A Chobits PS2 game was released in Japan May of last year. I would hardly call that "ancient history." [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] 1-2 years often separates releases in Japan and the U. S.

Saying "the anime/manga market should be more like the b-game market" is kind of like saying "they should make less money". Anime and manga live in a completely different market and world than these games. The market is still small enough here for b-games that a title can sit around for a few years and still have an impact.

Or do you think Duke Nukem For Freaking Ever will actually matter when it comes out?

Sure I'd like to see the Chobits games; doubtful. We'd be far more likely to see Eva games before Chobits games.

quote:
Originally posted by Wizard Blue:
Chobits the manga is pretty good? Why not the anime?

Because I haven't seen the anime, so am not commenting. Because I have heard the anime was created quite early on in the manga, and so has lots and lots and lots of filler.

I'll still get around to watching the anime. Eventually.

quote:
Saying "the anime/manga market should be more like the b-game market" is kind of like saying "they should make less money". Anime and manga live in a completely different market and world than these games. The market is still small enough here for b-games that a title can sit around for a few years and still have an impact.

True enough. But I still say that 1-2 years often separates releases in Japan and the U.S. in the gaming industry as whole. Nonetheless, I reluctantly agree with your overall assessment.

quote:
Because I haven't seen the anime, so am not commenting. Because I have heard the anime was created quite early on in the manga, and so has lots and lots and lots of filler.

It depends what you consider filler. The anime matches up pretty closely in main story with the manga, except for the ending itself. The difference is the approach, or the "style" for lack of a better word. The anime series is more cheerful and emphasizes the series' cuteness and humor. In return, it sacrifices a bit in the story department, especially with the ending. However, I consider much of what others call "filler" to be slow and loving character development, especially in the beginning. The only true filler I see is a few episodes around the middle of the series.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 10-14-2004).]

N.U.D.E.

You know, people, there are some people who haven’t seen the anime or read the manga. Put up some SPOILER signs, sheesh.

My vague labeling of the ending is the only thing I think approaches a spoiler here. I suppose it won’t hurt to mark it.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 10-16-2004).]

well I guess SnowDrop’s story line is a bit messed-up BUT I like its way of presenting the story then H (you get the drift? story first then complete it before the H part). Cause I don’t like the games without story just H (uhh Hitozuma Hime Club?!?)

Oh yeah anyone wanna imagine a B-Game w/ Doom3’s graphics?(a little 3D but still looks like anime heheh)

[This message has been edited by Shirion (edited 10-18-2004).]

Not sure if 3-D looking anime-style characters would do it for me, in terms of either anime or B-Games (Backgrounds or ships, like it’s done in some of the more recent anime offerings might be okay though, to a degree). That being said, I think that there are actual B-Games that do have 3-D graphics though.

Getting back to the “fantasy B-Game sequel” track, I’d have to go with something along the lines of a Brave Soul add-on (Sort of like how they have add-ons for the major CRPG’s like the Baldur’s Gate / Morrowind / NeverWinter Night Series).

Personally, I’m a fan of the girls in Star Ocean III. That’s pretty much 3-D anime.

I thought Skies of Arcadia’s 3D manga/anime style was pretty well done.

Wow! Another SoA fan methinks? Don’t see many of us around any more.