Backlog Titles~

As you may know, we have a few titles that are on the backburner or hiatus; got any questions or comments? Let’s talk about it here.

I’m wondering if there’s anything anyone could tell me about Django’s localization?

How are things going with nitroplus? I am assuming that work on a few of those titles have actually been making progress if for no reason other than sonico seems on schedule to release. Can we expect a release of Sumaga finally later this year?

Progress updates are on follow.jastusa.com I’ve been doing them monthly unless there is some special development (I’ll be posting a Sonico post soon which i’ll mirror here)

Django is currently on hiatus, we’re waiting for a translator I believe.

Sumaga is supposed to be in editing but the editor might be busy (and it looks like it’s all hands on deck for Sonico so it’ll be held off till later.

I see Nympho Sensei didn’t make it out in Spring. Is there a new ETA for it?

Nypho sensei is having some problems in QA, no eta yet. Looks like it may take a while (late fall)

Any news about the Flowers re-working? I know that It was included in the recent progress update, but not much has been said about it really.

What details would you like about that, it really is a rechecking of the script and then working out the bugs in game (and seeing what other improvements we can possibly made in that timeframe)

regarding django on put on hiatus due to waiting for a translator, does that mean there’s no translating staff at the moment, or is it his/her scripts you’reawaiting? if it’s the former one, ever thought about looking out for some/recruiting those who’re also actively involved doing works for publishers that are into lightnovels and such?

By my count you’ve got seven games tracked in your update log, that haven’t released yet. (There’s more, but the others have released released simply await updates.) Of those seven games, how many do you expect to release by the end of the year?

Edit: Editing works! And my post count is preserved!

In my head thinking about what is realistic. About half (3-4 of them), it’ll be a crunch getting it done before everyone else shuts down for the holidays.

How is Trample On Schatten going? The last update was from Dec 3rd.
http://follow.jastusa.com/post/128544859416/progresslog

Any update on Sweet Home too? We last heard about that in mid April.

@Lipp said:
How is Trample On Schatten going? The last update was from Dec 3rd.

Any update on Sweet Home too? We last heard about that in mid April.

tramples tl should normally be going rather well, now even the more since blackdragonhunt has already finished him working on most other stuff. but yo, some word on sweet homes progress would be indeed nice.

for Trample, I think it should be in proofreading atm (not my team so its hard to keep track of that one- I’ll try to get a status update for next week), and sweet home is finished translation and prelim proofread is done, the script has a few tricky parts to it that we still need to figure out before we get an alpha for testing.

There should be more progress on them after we’re done with a few titles that are almost ready for release (we’re a small team so sometimes we need all hands on deck for some projects which will set a few titles back a little)

@Tim said:
for Trample, I think it should be in proofreading atm (not my team so its hard to keep track of that one- I’ll try to get a status update for next week), and sweet home is finished translation and prelim proofread is done, the script has a few tricky parts to it that we still need to figure out before we get an alpha for testing.

There should be more progress on them after we’re done with a few titles that are almost ready for release (we’re a small team so sometimes we need all hands on deck for some projects which will set a few titles back a little)

“Next week” came and went. :stuck_out_tongue: Hopefully we will get some news about the backlog at AX, but can you update us on anything that isn’t talked about there? I’m specifically curious about the state of Schatten, although I guess I should know by now that finishing translation and being in proofreading doesn’t necessarily mean it’s close.

Considering we got some progress updates here and at AX, can we get an update to the tumblr ‘Game Progress’ page?

Preferably with some updated percentages if possible.

Also has any work started on the new licenses?

I’m working on an update for the devlog after I get through all the sonicomi emails and a few minor posts. Most of the information will be similar to ANN’s article (JAST USA Announces Eiyu Senki, Katahane Games for Steam - News - Anime News Network)
Percentages only apply to things that are quantifiable (i.e. script translation, editing is okay, but debugging is sort of like; it’s done when there are no more bugs.)
Work on new licenses have started for some games, I still need statuses from team leaders and since we have some staff busy with conventions it’s taking some time.

Are we going to be getting websites for Eiyu*Senki, Katahane, Princess X, Sweet Home and Schatten?

Also can we get another progress update posted on tumblr on September 15 (last update was August 15)?

Also do you know which Nitro+ title in the backlog is getting the focus next? SuMaGa and Django have been waiting for a while now…

So the last word on Nitro+ was that Django was on hold for translation issues, and Sumaga was supposed to be in editing, but the editor might be busy with Sonico. Well, both Sonico and Flowers (a game that suddenly had to be reworked) are out now.

Anything changed since late May (the last time this came up)?

@lipp websites will be made a little later on.
I’m still wrangling each team to see how we’re doing with some of the older titles, but I plan to do one this or next week~

@Nandemonai not sure if the editor was related to Sonico but they’re pretty slow. I’m working on seeing if there is a way I can help out to get it moving faster.