best bishoujo-dating-sim game?

hi there

i am loking for some more good game like princess waltz fate stay night we can say the (top game) whit english traslation…
all suggestion are welcome

Fan translations okay?

Cross Channel, until the Sharin no Kuni translation is finished.

If fan translations aren’t available, Ever17.

After that, Kira Kira and Kazoku Keikaku, although they apparently have rather suspect translations which is a shame.

(note that I have not actually played any of these translations)

Sure, here’s few.

Yume Miru Kusuri (Just very, very solid game)
Tsukihime (Earlier game from makers of Fate/Stay Night, personally I think this is better)
Cross Channel (Nasu, the writer of Tsukihime of FSN called this the best thing ever, lots of people agree)
Kira Kira (One of the best commercially translated translated visual novels, there’s a free demo for this)
Clannad (KEY’s masterpiece, even if you’ve seen anime play this, there was so much left out of the show)
Utawarerumono (Has some RPG elements, also awesome)
Ever17 (Last time I checked, several different releases of this were on top-10 of Japanese ranking site. There’s a reason for it)

You should also keep an eye out for these, as they’ll be released soon(hopefully).
Demon Bane (Even if this is one of Nitroplus’ less interesting works, it’s still excellent)
Higurashi (Again, even if you saw the anime, you should play the game. It is much better)
Sharin no Kuni (Even if premise might seem generic, it’s something much more)
Sekien no Inganock (Totally different from everything else I’ve listed)

Those should keep you occupied for a while.

Kira Kira’s translation, although a bit Engrishy at times, does nothing to take away from enjoyement of the game. You can check some screens from English release here. I didn’t play Kazoku Keikaku in English, though.

Cross Channel’s and Sharin’s fan-translations are very good. Well… Translation notes in CC might irritate some people, but they didn’t bother me too much.

If you like Higurashi, be it from the anime or games or both, then try out Umineko no Naku Koro ni. All the question arcs have been translated. I’ll admit it can be a little slow, especially in the beginning of each episode (though having started episode 3, I’d have to say that one’s been moving along at a better pace).

If you don’t mind yuri, then give Aoishiro a try as a fanlation patch for that was released about a month ago.

Also, if you’re into Type Moon’s stuff, keep an eye on the fanlation patch for Devils Devel Concept as it is unfluenced by it.

One thing, Le Chimp, in FSN there’s a date event in Saber and Rin’s routes, though you don’t really influence either event’s outcome.

Because that’s the only name some people can recognize them by, just like “hentai game” is the only word others will recognize. Depending on the audience, I use a range of words. Generally I prefer “visual novel” or “eroge”, depending on what I’m actually talking about of course. On a site focused on console games or RPGs, “dating sim” usually gets the point across without provoking people, because they’re probably familiar with games like Ar Tonelico.

‘dating sim’ doesn’t actually describe, you know, individual ‘dates’ but rather the entire process of dating. The idea is that a ‘dating sim’ is a game that simulates the process of winning girls over.

True, that doesn’t apply to a lot of modern VNs, but many modern titles carry things over from dating sims, like the concept of affection points. The concept of making a choice from a map where to go next, like you see in some VNs, is also inherited from dating sims. Heck, even the standard visual novel design of having a route for each heroine, although things like Kana don’t follow this at all.

Persona 3, and Persona 4. The soon-to-be-released Sakura Taisen 5.

You go on a date with Saber. (EDIT: Sorry, DarkFusion already pointed it out… ~_~)

yea fan traslation is okey

thanks to veryone for the tips any more suggrestion are welcome :slight_smile:

It’s probably a leftover from back when the “only” widely known enough galgame in the West was Tokimemo… Nowadays, most people I know call them “visual novel” (which is a bit more accurate, but not that much since most erogames are rather AVG than NVL --and they use this word to refer at all erogees, including such as Utawarerumono).

[quote=“Vodka”]
Sure, here’s few.

Yume Miru Kusuri (Just very, very solid game)
Tsukihime (Earlier game from makers of Fate/Stay Night, personally I think this is better)
Cross Channel (Nasu, the writer of Tsukihime of FSN called this the best thing ever, lots of people agree)
Kira Kira (One of the best commercially translated translated visual novels, there’s a free demo for this)
Clannad (KEY’s masterpiece, even if you’ve seen anime play this, there was so much left out of the show)
Utawarerumono (Has some RPG elements, also awesome)
Ever17 (Last time I checked, several different releases of this were on top-10 of Japanese ranking site. There’s a reason for it)

You should also keep an eye out for these, as they’ll be released soon(hopefully).
Demon Bane (Even if this is one of Nitroplus’ less interesting works, it’s still excellent)
Higurashi (Again, even if you saw the anime, you should play the game. It is much better)
Sharin no Kuni (Even if premise might seem generic, it’s something much more)
Sekien no Inganock (Totally different from everything else I’ve listed)

well thanks

i have end kira kira nice title for cross channel clannad and Tsukihime i have order it hope wont take a ages for shipping

any good suggrestion are welcome

hmm there is no sequel after clannad after story?
i know i made many question is there any good anime like clannad? i like romace dramma

Nope, Clannad’s story ends in After Story(unless you count Tomoyo’s After Story, but that’s pretty bad). There’s always Kanon, earlier game from Key that also has anime adaption. Personally I didn’t like it as much as Clannad, but it’s pretty good too.

hmmm mabye something made by the same productor-artist?

Asides from the already mentioned Kanon, there’s also Air

Key team games, best to worst (in my opinion, of course! YMMV)

Clannad > AIR > Little Busters! EX > ONE > Kanon > MOON. > Planetarian > Tomoyo After >>>>>>>>>>> Dousei

If you want more Key, try ‘Sense off ~a sacred story in the wind~’; apart from the different artist, it’s the most Key game ever. It’s even more of a Key game than the games by Key. It’s also better than all of them, I think =P

I don’t know about “dating” sim, but “Kana: Little Sister” is probably the most moving and incredible eroge of all time.

I have not played Air yet, but at least the anime I liked more than Clannad (game or anime); it’s my favourite Key work.
For me it would be Air > Clannad > Planetarian > One > Kanon (the others I don’t know, and MOON. it’s not really comparable)

mabye game a bit more long :slight_smile:

hmm speek me a little about ever17 what is=

Taken from VNDB, that took the description from Wikipedia.

It honestly is one of the best titles that’s available in English.