Best story line

Which game to you think has the best stroy line… Mine’s Come See Me Tonight

Tsukihime!

So much great bgames to choose… so little translated into english. :frowning:

Let’s see… i definitely loved TSUKIHIME. But i think i liked the story of YU-NO a lot, too. Old, but incrediblely good.

I just hope someday Elf-Co decide to release a remake for this game, too… :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, so just about everyone like Tsukihime… I guess I’ll have to try it…

Desire. (I will MAKE this work correctly on Vista - even if I have to code a new engine myself!) No question. Even if it was kind of hard to follow at points. Barring that it’s a tie between Divi-dead and Nocturnal Illusions. I have somewhat unnatural obsession with the latter, unfortunately.

Kana Little Sister easily and by far.

I tried the bible black game but… it was kinda…

Yume Miru Kisuri is the best IMO and I did not like Bible Black. Also Kana Little Sister was great but it was too sad for me. It made me cry too much.

[ 12-30-2007, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: GogetaSS4 ]

The Come See Me Tonight just made me laugh cause the hero of the story was trying to become a chef and it was kinda weird cause I’m a chef…
I mainly liked it cause it was more realistic then the others I’d played before.

Ever 17. Yume Miru Kusuri is also good.

I have yet to play Tsukihime, so I’m a bit curious about it. Although I’ve heard it’s depressing, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Yeah, I already broke down and dug out my copy. I enjoyed it, and it wasn’t nearly as depressing as I had been told.

Tsukihime, Divi Dead & Eve Burst Error

I would say that finding a game with the best “overall storyline” isn’t really easy, as the essence of galgames is to have several storylines, more or less well-mixed. Then, you have the storytelling, which is an important part of how much you would enjoy reading the story (i.e. a wonderful storyline with a bad storytelling can make a story suck). If I had to choose one, and one only, I think my choice would fall on ??? (“Gin’iro”), because of the wonderfulness of its storyline, the loveliness of its writing, the originality of its non-linear storytelling (the way the different chapters are combined for the grand finale is magnificent) and the use of a different tone and theme in each chapter, unified under a general thread.

On the top five, other games would find their place, but the inequality of the quality of the storyline of the different routes would prevent them to win over ???. Thus, the Normal Ending route of the “Heaven’s Feel” chapter of ???/??? (“Fate/stay night”) is a magnificent story, reaching levels ??? does not and would be first if individual storylines were in competition and not whole games. Other breathtaking storylines would be, in my humble opinion, the True Route of the Al-Azif story in ??? (“Zanma Taisei Demonbane”) and the True Route of the Eimu story in ?AYAKASHI? (“AYAKASHI”), both being epic tales of the war between Good and Evil, in a non-manichean manner.
My fifth choice would probably be Heinrike’s route in ??? (“Yatohime Zankikou”), yet another epic tale of such a fight.
People may be surprised that ??? (“Tsukihime”) didn’t make it in the list. The reason is that, when it’s one of my top favourite galgames of all time, it’s not because of its storyline (which is, all in all, not that grand) but of its storytelling, atmosphere, world and characters. It’s more because of the ‘how’ than the ‘what’ that the True Ending of Hisui’s route (my favourite story, obviously) is so wonderful and enjoyable.

Actually, I am more surprised that AIR didn’t make it here… :shock:

For a serious story line I gotta hand it to Ever 17 even without H content it pulls through for those expecting it but not getting any. It’s just that simple.
Comedy storyline, call me crazy or old fashioned but I enjoyed the X-Change Series and their Alternative splinter games.Comedy Gold Mine just waiting to be excavated.

It’s because ?Air? is special: when it’s one of the seven games to which I gave a note of 10, it’s also one of the games so… overall enjoyable I’m not really able to tell exactly why I enjoyed it, may it be the atmosphere, storyline, storytelling, characters, poetic or dream-nature.
I guess it should give it a Special Mention in my list?

(In case people wondered, the seven games are ?Air?, ???/???, ??? (“Sentimental Graffiti”), ???, ??? (“Tenshi no inai jyuunigatsu”), ???3 ?Sweet Songs Forever?? (“Triangle Hearts 3 ~Sweet Songs Forever~”) and ???, ?AYAKASHI? and ??? “only” getting a 9.5 and ??? only a 8.5)

Now if we don’t have sex in it, Ever 17 is the best I’ve played.

In a surprise vote, I really like the Asuka storyline from XC3. It was nice to see Takuya finally learn something for a change.

Gloria and Critical Point. They’re kind of old, but I think the stories kept me playing them a lot even after I had most of the picture sets.

Most likely XC-A. I’m still waiting for the next installment. I’m seriously looking forward to Family project though. It looks like a very interesting story.

Well not necessarily best but my Favorite Storyline in a Bishojo game is probably Eve burst error. Lot’s of action, drama and by experiencing the story through both Kojiroh and Marina’s eyes you get a more complete picture of what’s going on.

Brave Soul would have been there if Marin’s ending hadn’t sucked so bad, imo.