Bible Black game

I think the CGs are okay, too. And more eroge translators are allways welcome.

BB is very good and i really hope Kitty Media will translate more eroges, like DISCIPLINE and the other original games from h-animes they already released. :wink:

[ 04-18-2007, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Peter Gilis ]

I am hoping for Mightnight Sleazy Train. I did enjoy the OVAā€™s for it, and would love it if Kitty Media decided to translate that as well. What thrilled me most when Bible Black came out form them, is that they offered a special box of it (I think), which included the first DVD of the Bible Black series, with the game! Now that was very cool, and it cost me only $37 from FYE. (Frankly, it felt werid going to an actual store that sold Hentai movies, and regular media items, to buy a Bishoujo Game. I am just so used to ordering from Peach Princess, Right Stuf Anime, and Himyea, that walking into a store was justā€¦ werid.)

Out of curiousity, do all copies of Bible Black come with the DVD, or was I right and it was a special box?

-Nicole

I donā€™t know, and I feel like playing the devilā€™s advocatde down here (what irony)

While I do appreciate that more companies are joining the translation fold, Kitty Media seems to be more intent on translating pure hentai games. In one respect, its okay for some aspects of the market, but the smaller proportion that prefer deeper storylines wouldnā€™t be satisfied (youā€™d know whose thsoe are), Also Kitty media seems more intent on sticking to one genre, though, if Kitty Media ever touch the Black Cyc gamesā€¦ that might be nice.

Haizā€¦ why canā€™t they just license KGNE along with the anime ? And shuffle as well ? Thatā€™d bring so much attentionā€¦

Actually, Bible Black has a plot, which surprised even me. It branches off and twists and turns in so many directions, that itā€™s actually hard to get the ending youā€™d really like. Despite being very darkā€¦ often sad, and not the type of game I would personally like, it kept you on your toes, and you actually felt for the characters and victims.

Yes, I admit I said that X-Change 3 should have been edited more because of a rape scene, and that supporting this game may make me seem like a hypocriteā€¦ but I never said I ā€œenjoyedā€ the storylines. Iā€™m just saying that there is plot there, and that it actually keeps a player on the edge of their seat, and make them think about their choices VERY carefully. (Just a note, no matter what you do, there really isnā€™t any good ending in that game.)

And I agree, much nicer games should be translated. Frankly, I am tired of dark themes. I would like to see something like Shuffle! or Green Green translatedā€¦ but it seems as though dark themes are just more popular. (Even with Hentai DVDs)

-Nicole

Me second.
But unfortunately, i doubt that will happen anytime soon. :frowning:

Fist of all, they will need to release more romantic/less rape H-animes and STOP giving them such stupid tittles!

I think even those sex-party games like MILK JUNKIES would be a big plus, if compared with those stupid LETā€™S-RAPE-THEM-ALL games.

[ 04-19-2007, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Peter Gilis ]

Iā€™m gonna have to argue the anti-dark titles from a certain point of view. Watch out: Narg is gonna ramble now. :stuck_out_tongue:

The reason why a lot of hentai is the dark stuff, is because the pure stuff gets non-hentai conversions. For example you have general market anime for Da Capo, To Heart, Comic Party, Tsukihime, etc.

Hardcore series like Midnight Sleazy Train or Black Bible use the dark sex as an integrated part of the story. While a series like Tsukihime and FATE has sex as a factor in the plot, it isnā€™t so entrenched that it canā€™t be removed without drastically altering the premise. As an example, MinDeaD BlooD or Gore Screaming Show loses a lot of itself when dropping sex - even if the said action takes place ā€œoff cameraā€ or whatnot. Crazy as it sounds, the violent sex is that important.

Since the ā€œpure heartedā€ stuff is released by groups like ADV and Funimation, that leaves companies like Kitty Media to cater towards the niche group that prefers the ā€œevil heartedā€ stuff.

From the Japanese producer prospective: why release a hentai OVA of To Heart 2, when the money can be spent to mass market an ā€œall agesā€ version that will make more $$$ for the investors? Thus you wonā€™t get a hentai anime of To Heart 2. On the other hand, why make a non-hentai OVA of Midnight Sleazy Train 2, when the targeted market for the game got it for the hentai - not the story. While it does have a good plot, the plot itself was just icing: the meat and potatoes was the train molestation. Hence youā€™re not going to get a non-hentai version, because it would alienate the original target base.

Thus I see nothing wrong with Kitty Media releasing the dark stuff over the pure hearted, simply because itā€™s the dark stuff that sold best. However, you canā€™t really blame the Western license holders of the anime such as Da Capo, To Heart, and so forth - for not releasing the b-games for them, because they donā€™t want to deal with hentai. Had there not been a non-hentai version of the titles, they wouldnā€™t have even bothered. Not only this, but the non-adult games were typically released on Playstation 2: and SONY of America ruthlessly crushes 2D game releases for that system (and the PS3 for that matter).

Youā€™re forgotting thereā€™s still one more genre besides dark-themed games and pure-love games, the sex-party games.

Sex-party games suffer from the same problem than dark-themed games, you canā€™t take off the sex scenes without affect greatly the (little) story they have. So they canā€™t be converted to non-h anime too.

The best choice is turning them into H-anime shows, just like the dark-themed games. The only difference between them is they donā€™t need rape/gangrape to excuse every sex scene happening in it.

Thatā€™s why i rather prefer to watch sex-party h-animes than dark-themed h-animes. So if they canā€™t translate pure-love hgames, why not translating sex-party hgames?

Thereā€™s so much h-anime based on sex-party h-games with little to no rape in it already released in english. Just to name a fews, we have:

*ANGELIUM;
*BEAT ANGEL ESCALAYER;
*ARISA;
*MILK JUNKIES 1 & 2;
*TSUMA X TSUMA 1, 2 & 3;
*TSUMAMIGUI 1;
*BOIN;
*ANE TO BOIN;
*DARLING;

If they want, they could release the HGame versions, too.

Good point.

My only guess is that the dark titles sold better than even the sex-parties. As far as hentai goes, Black Bible was a mega hit for North America. Since that was a major seller, they start experimenting with what they know (or rather, should) work when ā€œexpandingā€ the market. So my assumption is, their porting the original eroge, of their top selling hentai anime titles. If those sell well, it makes sense theyā€™d dip in other bucketsā€¦ like the sex-parties.

So go buy the dark stuff! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 04-19-2007, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

You must not have read much about Bible Black, much less the review a few posts up.

It is quite sad to say, but it is rather true. Dark titles far outnumber lighter titles in popularity. I know this from experience also. Just with my two current fanfictions on fanfiction.net alone Iā€™ve seen a great deal of difference. My Elfen Lied Fanfic though very gruesome is far more popular than my Yuffie Fanfiction, though it too is popular.

I like the dark stuff myself. :slight_smile:

Stillā€¦ what most Westerns have seen translated, is childā€™s play: Legend of the Overfiend is little more than Hello Kitty to the newer, better stuff. :smiley:

Itā€™s amazing what normal household tools can be used forā€¦ to say nothing about tentacles. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh I quite agree. Most of what Iā€™ve seen myself is not nearly as horrible as what Iā€™ve imagined, or have written about. Now I still donā€™t have the guts to write the worst of it, but personally thatā€™s a good thing

Peter, did you saying ā€œDarlingā€ ? As in the same ā€œDarlingā€ that was released in an OVA that America got? Iā€™d second that getting translated! (I really liked the OVA, lots and lots of cosplay!) Plus, it was kinda cute, a husband and wife teamā€¦ something rarely seen in the H-worldā€¦ unless itā€™s another manā€™s wifeā€¦

-Nicole

Thatā€™s right. This H-OVA is based on the old H-SLG game DARLING from the now closed HGame maker Cherrysoft.

You can find more info here and here.

When i got the time, i think i will try to find others h-games origns for h-animes released in english. :slight_smile:

Me second.
But unfortunately, i doubt that will happen anytime soon. :frowning:

Fist of all, they will need to release more romantic/less rape H-animes and STOP giving them such stupid tittles!

I think even those sex-party games like MILK JUNKIES would be a big plus, if compared with those stupid LETā€™S-RAPE-THEM-ALL games.

[ 04-19-2007, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Peter Gilis ]

Iā€™m gonna have to argue the anti-dark titles from a certain point of view. Watch out: Narg is gonna ramble now. :stuck_out_tongue:

The reason why a lot of hentai is the dark stuff, is because the pure stuff gets non-hentai conversions. For example you have general market anime for Da Capo, To Heart, Comic Party, Tsukihime, etc.

Hardcore series like Midnight Sleazy Train or Black Bible use the dark sex as an integrated part of the story. While a series like Tsukihime and FATE has sex as a factor in the plot, it isnā€™t so entrenched that it canā€™t be removed without drastically altering the premise. As an example, MinDeaD BlooD or Gore Screaming Show loses a lot of itself when dropping sex - even if the said action takes place ā€œoff cameraā€ or whatnot. Crazy as it sounds, the violent sex is that important.

Since the ā€œpure heartedā€ stuff is released by groups like ADV and Funimation, that leaves companies like Kitty Media to cater towards the niche group that prefers the ā€œevil heartedā€ stuff.

From the Japanese producer prospective: why release a hentai OVA of To Heart 2, when the money can be spent to mass market an ā€œall agesā€ version that will make more $$$ for the investors? Thus you wonā€™t get a hentai anime of To Heart 2. On the other hand, why make a non-hentai OVA of Midnight Sleazy Train 2, when the targeted market for the game got it for the hentai - not the story. While it does have a good plot, the plot itself was just icing: the meat and potatoes was the train molestation. Hence youā€™re not going to get a non-hentai version, because it would alienate the original target base.

Thus I see nothing wrong with Kitty Media releasing the dark stuff over the pure hearted, simply because itā€™s the dark stuff that sold best. However, you canā€™t really blame the Western license holders of the anime such as Da Capo, To Heart, and so forth - for not releasing the b-games for them, because they donā€™t want to deal with hentai. Had there not been a non-hentai version of the titles, they wouldnā€™t have even bothered. Not only this, but the non-adult games were typically released on Playstation 2: and SONY of America ruthlessly crushes 2D game releases for that system (and the PS3 for that matter).

Youā€™re forgotting thereā€™s still one more genre besides dark-themed games and pure-love games, the sex-party games.

Sex-party games suffer from the same problem than dark-themed games, you canā€™t take off the sex scenes without affect greatly the (little) story they have. So they canā€™t be converted to non-h anime too.

The best choice is turning them into H-anime shows, just like the dark-themed games. The only difference between them is they donā€™t need rape/gangrape to excuse every sex scene happening in it.

Thatā€™s why i rather prefer to watch sex-party h-animes than dark-themed h-animes. So if they canā€™t translate pure-love hgames, why not translating sex-party hgames?

Thereā€™s so much h-anime based on sex-party h-games with little to no rape in it already released in english. Just to name a fews, we have:

*ANGELIUM;
*BEAT ANGEL ESCALAYER;
*ARISA;
*MILK JUNKIES 1 & 2;
*TSUMA X TSUMA 1, 2 & 3;
*TSUMAMIGUI 1;
*BOIN;
*ANE TO BOIN;
*DARLING;

If they want, they could release the HGame versions, too.

Good point.

My only guess is that the dark titles sold better than even the sex-parties. As far as hentai goes, Black Bible was a mega hit for North America. Since that was a major seller, they start experimenting with what they know (or rather, should) work when ā€œexpandingā€ the market. So my assumption is, their porting the original eroge, of their top selling hentai anime titles. If those sell well, it makes sense theyā€™d dip in other bucketsā€¦ like the sex-parties.

So go buy the dark stuff! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 04-19-2007, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

You must not have read much about Bible Black, much less the review a few posts up.

It is quite sad to say, but it is rather true. Dark titles far outnumber lighter titles in popularity. I know this from experience also. Just with my two current fanfictions on fanfiction.net alone Iā€™ve seen a great deal of difference. My Elfen Lied Fanfic though very gruesome is far more popular than my Yuffie Fanfiction, though it too is popular.