Biggest disappointment (of the genre)

If it’s anti-promotion please delete this topic. But since it’s a forum I’ll express my opinion and check about yours.

1. Lightning Warrior Raidy (I would expect something more from a self-proclaimed RPG, plus tentacles and lesbian themes… worthless)
  2. Private nurse (the most boring story)
  3. Pretty Soldier Wars AD2048 (poor CG’s [I find nothing appealing in tentacles] poor dating mode and too difficult for an average player - the battle difficulty level should be adjustable)

How about you?

Heretic! Yuri is the way :twisted:

About the biggest disappointment…well, I’m still quite a newbie in the world of eroge games, and I haven’t found anything really disappointing so far. I didn’t particularly like Do You Like Horny Bunnies, though.

I’ll just cover PP most recent releases…

#1: Lightning Warrior Raidy - NO TWINCEST

#2: Amorous Professor Cherry - NO TWINCEST

#3: Snow Sakura - NO TWINCEST

I could go on and on really… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m all about yuri, but I found LWR’s gameplay to be exceedingly annoying. Alas. Cute pictures, stupid game. However, this makes it useful research for game design purposes!

Water Closet. Can there really be anything worse? :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with you, but we’re talking about an old game, so it’s quite understandable. The second episode should have the same combat mechanics, but it seems that LWR III will be a lot more refined, and hopefully PP will translate it.

1. Amusement park.
    This game was crap…
    If only they had not removed the H scenes…

2. Secret wives club and I’m gonna nurse you 2.
    i didn’t expect those games to be good, but… I wasn’t prepared for something this boring.

3. Hourglass of summer.
    H-scenes removed…

Wrong. The original game wasn’t adult. Nothing was removed since there was nothing with which to start.

No it’s not. Much much older RPGs exist in the world and are a thousand times more interesting. :slight_smile:

Even a few fairly simple tweaks would have moved it up to ‘acceptable’ status for me, it just feels like the game designer wasn’t trying to take fun into account. But maybe I’m just too picky.

Yes, but we’re not talking about Square or Konami here. With all due respect for Zyx, they’re not rpg-makers, so it’s obvious that the rpg part is a little weak. At least, they worked to improve it in the following titles.

I know this thread was intended for biggest disappointments of English-language titles released, but I haven’t played very many of those, so here goes:

1. Shuffle!. Why the fuck do people (only english-speaking people, mind, the Japanese hate the game) like this shit? I don’t get it, and I never will - by far one of my biggest disappointments, especially considering I paid a hefty sum for the game.
  2. Da Capo. You know, this wasn’t anywhere near as bad as Shuffle! but I still got the ‘holy shit this was overrated’ impression while playing it, and honestly, there aren’t enough good points to this to make it worthwhile. Oh, and naturally, Circus proceeded to milk the franchise for every drop with more sequels, spinoffs, fandiscs, whatever than I can even count.
  3. Kaku Shoujo. Fucking deceptive OP and trial version - the full game is something you can clear in a day, and they do absolutely nothing at all with the story. It looks fantastic, but then you get it and you play it and before you notice, it’s all over. Damn it >_< (And this was from the same studio that brought us StarTRain!)

I’ve played this, and you really weren’t missing out on all that much. The H scenes felt out of place (like To Heart 2 XRATED’s were) - sometimes, when H scenes are added to a game as an afterthought, the writers still manage to get them to fit. Not this time.

Do the Japanese hate it that much? Despite the online negativity, it sells like crazy, as seen by the success of the spin-offs and PS2 port (sales on par with Clannad).

As for English speakers, it’s the anime they love, not the game they’ve yet to play.

Amorous Professor Cherry. For something promoted as being written by the same person behind Crescendo, the game had way too much sex and not enough story. As I had never played a game by Zyx, I didn’t know any better. Now that I do, its unlike that I will get a Zyx game again.

Studios aren’t really that important, though - not saying anything about ZyX, but that’s like getting Tamayura, not liking it, and resolving never to play another AKABEi SOFT2 game, like Sharin or G-Senjou. Or playing pretty much any F&C game, they have a lot of mediocre stuff, and deciding to skip over Suigetsu and Konata Yori Kanata Made because of it. Or playing Mizuiro, finding it to be ordinary, and skipping Gin’iro and Scarlett :(((((

The scenario writer is usually the ‘vision’ behind the game, but in this case, I’m pretty sure he was instructed on what to make >_<

Actually I found Fortuna (also by Zyx)to be a lot better than Raidy imo. The plot was a lot longer, had some comedy, some drama, better equipment options and the Character designs were borderline rip-offs / Homages to Record of Lodoss War. Too bad a certain translation Company won’t touch it for some reason. ; ;

The original XChange is my biggest disappointment, followed closely by Transfer Student.

XC1 is the second b-game I ever paid for – the first being Snow Drop – and if I hadn’t played Snow Drop beforehand XC1 might have undermined my interest in the genre as a whole. It’s just terrible. Transfer Student as well; if it had come out towards the beginning of PP’s life, it still wouldn’t have been a very good game. But because of all the trouble that game had in development (programming a whole new engine from scratch with no support from the now-disbanded parent company) that by the time it actually came out, it was just trash.

Transfer Student - Let’s just pretend that one never existed. :slight_smile: I think the first X-Change has a lot more going for it than THAT does.

yeah i was disappointed by raidy but the reason was because i keep getting lost and can never find any of the upgrade even with the map
the other game i played i didn’t like as much was hitomi my stepsister i hate the protagonist and i hate hitomi for being to submissive
cheiri at least made you work to get to real sex with her
the only other game i was kinda YUME MIRU KUSURI’s mizuki route it kinda bored me

the first x-change game makes me wish peach princess would release the reprint for the game and the 2nd reprint just for completion’s sake

Snow Sakura is G-Collections’s release, not PP’s fella :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, the biggest disappointment must be Wind a breath of heart, lol. It just turned out to be an average game at best :lol:

If Japanese games are allowed, in order, from least disappointing to most disappointing:
[list][]?AngelWish ???. Zzzzz Zzzzz Zzzzzz.[/]
[]“SHUFFLE”.Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz ZzzzzzzzzZzzZzzzzzz ZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzzz.[/]
[]“Snow Drop”. Ack! My poor eyes![/][/list]