Bishojo Game Spell Checker Jobs?

I was wondering if there is any sort of jobs availible to spell check english translated bishojo games cause I’ve played pretty much all the english translated games and have notice a ton of typo’s and mispelled words. And I was curious as to know if they actually had jobs to check for spelling errors and typo’s.

you want to apply for such a position?

I agree that such a position is needed. :frowning:

Maybe if they have such a position because it would be a job I could probably do. Besides I got alot of time on my hands. And also it wouldn’t nessessarily spoil the game if you did the spell checking while you played the game.

Several of us have applied for the positions in the past, but there’s only so many that can get them, and if you read enough text your brain does tend to glaze over and miss things. Nobody’s perfect.

… You still know where I am if you want me. :slight_smile:

if that’s the case i think you should contact peter and apply since there will be quite a few games on our plates soon (although we are more in need of translators first so there may not be work for you at the moment)

I always noticed the typos and mispellings every time. And yeah I’d be interested if possible. But who’s peter??

[ 10-14-2006, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: GogetaSS4 ]

He mentioned Peter: aka Big Boss, aka A Friend in Japan, aka He Who Makes Eroge English (que Latin choir and angels). :wink:

I think I will. Thanks for the info.

Did you notice a lot of errors in Gibo and Doushin? Because I edited for those games, so if you can tell me where I might have screwed up, I can watch for it in the future. :slight_smile:

Oh and trust me, it kind of does spoil the game for you once you’ve edited it. LOL, I don’t think I’ve done more than glance at the games I’ve worked on once they’re done, because you spend soooo much time with them for a while, LOL. It’s still a great job, though.

[ 10-14-2006, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: ladyphoenix ]

To quote from http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/review/R102284.html

I don’t mean to be a killjoy, but I hope there is some sort of testing or screening for spellcheckers instead of just recruiting interested parties.

No offense GogetaSS4, but in your first post, you misspelled “available” and “typos” (should have no apostrophe). In your second post, you misspelled “a lot” (this is not a single word). In your third post, you misspelled “misspell”!

Shouldn’t a spellchecking job go to an experienced and proven editor?

Wow, that is really bizarre. After reading that review, I went back and checked over all my work on Doushin (I still have the text files), and I can’t find any errors like the ones described. Maybe things got muddled a bit when they re-did the line spacing after I was done?

Weird. Although, if they thought the text was bad in the finished product, they should have seen it before I got ahold of it. Engrish galore!

Hmmm, and then again, maybe that reviewer’s grammar isn’t as good as they think. “A nice, thoroughly of the script”. A Thoroughly reading?

Anyone else have an opinion? Did my editing work not end up as good as I thought it was?

[ 10-14-2006, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: ladyphoenix ]

I wasn’t trying to be perfect and besides I am better at it when I am actually trying to watch my grammer and such.

I don’t have much faith in someone who has to make an effort to write properly. Especially when the person can’t spell “grammar” properly.

Anyway, this isn’t the place to determine who’s best. :wink:

… unless we’re going to have a knock-down, drag-out mud-wrestling match of some sort. Any takers?

lol anyways I only started this topic to find out if there was even a job for it. Now that I know this topic can be closed.

Now, THIS is more like it. You can even charge some sort of admission for it :smiley: . I know I will be there :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not very interested in mud-wrestling, but I would be interested in watching oil-wrestling.

Oh, and I am the grammar king.

I’ll … uh … referee. Yeah, that’s the ticket. I’ll be the ref. Of course I’ll have to tape the whole thing (for instant replay purposes, of course)…